Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britain's success. No different to if Tim Henman had won wimbledon.

Scotland is irrelevant in tennis.

An Englishman winning Wimbledon would be an English success.

You are irrelevant on Pie and Bovril so get to f**k you tedious little c**t.

Just read an opinion piece in the "i" .

Usual metropolitan shite concluding that Alex Salmond knows the referendum is lost because he sounded "deflated" with his speech at the opening ceremony.

"Hello Glasgow! Vote yes! A funny thing happened on the way to Celtic park ( pause for laughter). Freedom. Etc etc

.........let's have a minutes silence for those Commonwealth citizens lost on the Malaysia airlines plane."

Aye, OK.

Gordon Brown - Saviour of the Union.

If a NO vote is returned we will see his face on flags all around Ibrox after the vote.

Raith Rovers fan = Turnbull Hutton = in the book of grudges next to Jim Spence, that announcer at Falkirk, all catholics etc.

A cheap pathetic opportunist stunt, recognised by every sane person for exactly what it was!

Do you think Obama will be stoating about with the Stars and Stripes on the 18th Green if the USA win at Gleneagles in September?

He's a politician - of course he was going to wave the flag and be a political opportunist.

He's not the first to do it nor will he be the last.

Get over it.

Well not really. Because, unlike taking a Saltire to Wimbledon, taking the flag of a non competing country to a Commonwealth Games event is against the rules. Making the Union Jack, effectively, not allowed.

I look forward to seeing it removed from the crash helmets of the English cycling team as well, tout suite.

I agree.

It's also why any England team should not have GSTQ as their anthem. I have a lot of English friends who agree - they much prefer the St George's cross at England games (and it is much more common now) and would prefer a different anthem.

I agree.

It's also why any England team should not have GSTQ as their anthem. I have a lot of English friends who agree - they much prefer the St George's cross at England games (and it is much more common now) and would prefer a different anthem.

England's anthem is "Jerusalem" at these games.

Quite rightly too, IMO.

Not just any American, the President at a sporting event? nah

I've never seen the President of America maniacally waving the Stars and Stripes following a victory at a sporting event or a British Prime Minister for that matter.

For Salmond to do it at Wimbledon last year following Murray's win was just crass.

What don't you understand from that?

20080810_p081008sc-0193jpg-515h.jpg

President George W. Bush displays an American flag as he cheers on the U.S. Olympic Swimming Team Sunday, Aug. 10, 2008, at the National Aquatics Center in Beijing.

20080810_p081008sc-0727jpg-668v.jpg

President George W. Bush and former President George H.W. Bush pose for photos with U.S. Olympic swimmers Larsen Jensen, left, and Michael Phelps Sunday, Aug. 10, 2008, at the National Aquatics Center in Beijing.

The union flag. Andy Murray represents team GB tennis. There is no team Scotland tennis. It would be like some twat waving an Islas Balerias flag after Nadal wins the French open

Does he? I always thought Andy Murray went to Spain to learn his trade.

The union flag. Andy Murray represents team GB tennis. There is no team Scotland tennis. It would be like some twat waving an Islas Balerias flag after Nadal wins the French open

Does he? I always thought Andy Murray went to Spain to learn his trade.

I was always of the opinion that Andy Murray represents Andy Murray at tennis. Davis Cup and Olympic matches are simply opportunities to display sponsors' watches, equipment and logos. And fair play to the boy.

On Bush - Jesus, look at them! Can you believe any country thought it was a good idea to let inbreds like that rule them for a dozen years and more?

romanovpalm.png

Comparing Scotland, a nation, to a Spanish island chain in the Mediterranean. Oh dear. Unionists - you stay classy.

Andy Murray isn't a Scottish success, lichtie

Good lord. romanovpalm.png

Britain's success. No different to if Tim Henman had won wimbledon.

Scotland is irrelevant in tennis.

romanovpalm.png

Ayrmad makes a tedious point about him representing himself. It would look silly if Salmond waved a large picture of Andy Murray.

To make it easy for you guys imagine yourself as a professional sportsman, who you would represent in world cups etc

football - Scotland

golf - Scotland

tennis - GB

Curling - Scotland

rugby - Scotland

rowing - GB

Scotland is a part of Britain. This isn't difficult.

In sports like tennis and rowing GB IS your country. Claiming Andy Murray as a Scottish champion is purely cybernat propaganda.

romanovpalm.png

Murray was forced to represent Great Britain. It is ridiculous that Scotland competes individually in sports like football, rugby and golf, but not tennis.

Archived