Scottish Independence

xbl

I care for neither of them and I would not watch it anyway, but Cameron has nothing to lose by debating Salmond, the tories are on life- support in Scotland, so they cannot go any lower ,but he is a decent performer as he showed in the debates in 2010, Salmond is also a decent performer, but he has much more to lose, one stutter, stumble, poor answer, he could damage the whole campaign, Cameron refusing to debate should suit Salmond just fine, but I will offer one thing to the "Salmond Lovers", the sun does not shine out of him, it shone before the came on the scene and it will shine once he goes

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cameron has everything to lose in a debate, and if he were to agree to it, there would be one of two outcomes. Either Cameron would lose badly and damage the No campaign, or Cameron would win and still damage the No campaign because everyone fucking hates him.

This is why the televised debate will never happen.

I care for neither of them and I would not watch it anyway, but Cameron has nothing to lose by debating Salmond, the tories are on life- support in Scotland, so they cannot go any lower ,but he is a decent performer as he showed in the debates in 2010, Salmond is also a decent performer, but he has much more to lose, one stutter, stumble, poor answer, he could damage the whole campaign, Cameron refusing to debate should suit Salmond just fine, but I will offer one thing to the "Salmond Lovers", the sun does not shine out of him, it shone before the came on the scene and it will shine once he goes

Are all yes voters "salmond lovers"? You seem to insinuate they are.

Except Scotland

Cameron has everything to lose in a debate, and if he were to agree to it, there would be one of two outcomes. Either Cameron would lose badly and damage the No campaign, or Cameron would win and still damage the No campaign because everyone fucking hates him.

It will not damage anything if Cameron won or lost, but it would damage the Yes Campaign if Salmond lost, especially after he went after the debate

Are all yes voters "salmond lovers"? You seem to insinuate they are.

Never at any time have I made this claim

It will not damage anything if Cameron won or lost, but it would damage the Yes Campaign if Salmond lost, especially after he went after the debate

Never at any time have I made this claim

Ever since I noticed you posting in this part of the forum you mention Salmond and the SNP a lot.

Spot on.

If a debate was to happen cannot believe a victory for Cameron, would not in some way damage Salmond, afraid I am not buying that, Salmond has been pretty polished in this campaign, but it could only take one slip and it goes "t*ts up"

I see Eve Muirhead has clearly stated her delight at being part of team GB and not just Scotland at the Winter Olympics. Makes a mockery of the FM's sneaky comment at FMQ's last week.

She didn't say how she was voting. Was simply a diplomatic response to an awkward question considering it was the first homecoming press conference.

I think it's absurd to suggest that Cameron could out-debate Salmond. The only man that could realistically do it is Galloway and he's a havering buffoon that no one listens to anymore therefore regardless of who Salmond is up against I can't see it being anything other than a comfortable win.

I see Eve Muirhead has clearly stated her delight at being part of team GB and not just Scotland at the Winter Olympics. Makes a mockery of the FM's sneaky comment at FMQ's last week.

Yes, in the same way that a slight gust makes a mockery of a mountain range.

Not sure if this has been posted before, if the cartoons had depicted somebody else in the condem government, there'd be an outcry imo.

Surprised Salmond is disliked this much down South, when you have the likes of Boris hosting HIGNFY and Nigel Farage presenting the weather.

Archived