Scottish Independence

xbl

Been giving this a lot of thought over the past days, I am a Labour voter always have been and always will be, I cannot believe how badly Yes Scotland are doing, surely by having a Government in Westminster we did not elect, that clearly does not care about anything that is North of Watford, is clearly despised by the majority of Scotland, surely they should be making a better fist of it, surely a factor in the timing of the Independence Vote was to take advantage of the unpopularity of the current Westminster Government

Do you fundamentally agree with independence then?

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mainly because I never fancied any of what the others offered me

You know you have the choice not to support any party.

I can't see why anyone would continue to support Labour after Iraq.

Personally, I'm amazed that anyone who has stayed in Arbroath as long as Ecto claims to have done still votes Labour. Locally, in UK & Scottish parliament elections, they've finished in 3rd place for as long as I remember, and haven't seriously challenged the Tories for 2nd place in all that time.

In the UK parliament constituency, the SNP have held the seat containing Arbroath since 1987, and Arbroath has always been their main powerbase within the constituency.

However, I think we can take most of what Ecto says with a large pinch of salt, as he claims that he doesn't know a single "Yes" voter, whilst living in a seat where a 40% share of the vote is an average result for SNP candidates

Personally, I'm amazed that anyone who has stayed in Arbroath as long as Ecto claims to have done still votes Labour. Locally, in UK & Scottish parliament elections, they've finished in 3rd place for as long as I remember, and haven't seriously challenged the Tories for 2nd place in all that time.

In the UK parliament constituency, the SNP have held the seat containing Arbroath since 1987, and Arbroath has always been their main powerbase within the constituency.

However, I think we can take most of what Ecto says with a large pinch of salt, as he claims that he doesn't know a single "Yes" voter, whilst living in a seat where a 40% share of the vote is an average result for SNP candidates

Exactly, Angus is probably safest SNP territory in the whole country.

Look at the last local elections for example. Labour only have one councillor in the whole of Angus and she only just got elected in front of a third SNP candidate in Monifieth and Sidlaw which is basically Dundee anyway.

http://www.scottishelections.org.uk/scotland/l12/angus.php

Has anyone been following the care.data project, currently still in the setting up stage down in England?

Obviously healthcare is a devolved matter, but if income from the Barnett formula was cut, would Scotland have to follow in the same manner to save money after a no vote? Stuff like this is pretty frightening.

The only decent thing things that the Labour did in the entirety of the Blair/Brown years was implement the minimum wage and devolved assemblies. That's two things in twelve years.

Of course they did also begin privatisation of the NHS, implement tuition fees, invade two countries, and change the parties main platform to something akin to 'f**k the poor lol' but who cares because ima labour vother, always have, always will be.

Personally I find the Labour party to be a considerably more disgusting bunch of shits than the Tories, who at least are honest about the fact that they absolutely hate anyone who isn't stinking rich.

You have to wonder why the UK government are having a cabinet meeting in Scotland for the first time since the 1920's

"It's a matter for the Scottish people"

Aye Dave, how is that one working out?

You have to wonder why the UK government are having a cabinet meeting in Scotland for the first time since the 1920's

"It's a matter for the Scottish people"

Aye Dave, how is that one working out?

This. Dave doesn't want to debate or intervene. f**k it, let's take the entire cabinet to Aberdeen. Why the f**k would be want to do that? Every time the No camp attempts to drum up this sort of publicity through the most obvious and patronising of actions, I step further towards an independent Scotland. Come back again next week Dave! Ya fanny.

So because I live in a "safe" SNP seat, means I must vote SNP and agree with SNP policies , no thanks have a mind of my own, but I will have to correct one thing, I now know 1 person who will vote for independence,

This. Dave doesn't want to debate or intervene. f**k it, let's take the entire cabinet to Aberdeen. Why the f**k would be want to do that? Every time the No camp attempts to drum up this sort of publicity through the most obvious and patronising of actions, I step further towards an independent Scotland. Come back again next week Dave! Ya fanny.

Yeah, because the Scottish Government holding cabinet in Portlethen at the same time totally isn't a publicity stunt of faux local interest at all.

Yeah, because the Scottish Government holding cabinet in Portlethen at the same time totally isn't a publicity stunt of faux local interest at all.

Do you have any proof that the UK Government were the first government to plan a meeting in Aberdeen this week and that the Scottish Government have simply based their plans on this?

Salmond does not want a debate either, much more to gain by slagging "call me Dave" for refusing a debate, far to much at stake for Salmond to risk the possibility of having a "mare" in front of the camera's

Do you have any proof that the UK Government were the first government to plan a meeting in Aberdeen this week and that the Scottish Government have simply based their plans on this?

Och leave him,he was just excited he wasnt the only lib in scotland today

Salmond does not want a debate either, much more to gain by slagging "call me Dave" for refusing a debate, far to much at stake for Salmond to risk the possibility of having a "mare" in front of the camera's

Yip definite wum

Alex would trounce Dave in a debate, that's why Dave is running scared.

Archived