Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So long as we end the ridiculous work permit restrictions imposed by the xenophobic UK government, we can start bringing in young players from all over the world. I for one would like the Morton team consist of 5 Brazilians, 4 Argentinians and a couple of Chileans. 'Guid honest Scottish players' like, erm, Marc Fitzpatrick can get to f**k.

Good. Maybe less 18 year olds will make a handful of appearance for Aberdeen, think they're Pele and move to the Wigan reserves of whatever. Also agree with VT. I'd go for about 3 or 4 Brazilians, same number of Argentinians, a couple of Japannese and some Colombians, maybe an Egyptian and a Nigerian.

I have watched with interest the various views expressed by both sides on here. What I cannot understand about the Better Together supporters is their over analysis of every little detail put forward for Independence, yet the current and previous UK governments escape such analysis by them?

1.Has the financial bailout of the banks and financial sector with our money, has it reached the trillion yet?

2. Career politicians, rather than real politicians, at the next UK election you can vote for biege, biege or biege.

3. Atos a total disgrace of a company, responsible for deaths and increased poverty for the most vunerable in society.

4. Successive governments have decimated the pension fund, and they have a cheek to point at SNP pension plans.

5. Did you see Gideon hiding and running from STV news, spineless and living in a bubble, are you happy he represents you?

6. Camerons refusal to debate with Salmond, yet he stirs like a witch in the background. Is that how you want your PM to act?

7. Every time I see Danny Alexander I think of Beaker from the Muppets, What happened to Vince Cable?? I digress

8. Billions of pounds of scrap metal sitting in Faslane/Coulport. A vanity project we could all do without.

9. Expenses rumbles on....

10. As if the banks haven't fecked things enough, you get Libor, and rumours of another serious issue.

I could go on, if you require more, but I am sure you get the point.

I am voting Yes, which may be no surprise. What I am voting for is an opportunity for a better society for my family, as currently I am so disillusioned with Westminster, and I dont see it getting improving any time in the future. You can vote Tory or Diet Tory, or the No Chance party(Lib Dems), at the next election. I pity our English friends, as they have no escape from this perpetual b*llsh*t, unless they vote UKIP,

EU membership and currency will not be as much an issue as some make out, Dont get lost in petty arguments over detail. Just think are you happy being shafted by Westminster? I am not saying Holyrood is perfect, but Scottish people looking after Scotland seems the best option to me right now. The hypocrisy of Westminster regards dealing with Yes campaign is breathtaking. I dont understand why people would vote against Indy because of Salmond, WTF? It's not about Salmond, it's about your future. I will defend your right to an opinion though, no matter how odd.

I am still waiting for the positive future for the UK, that Better Together has for everyone, the silence is deafening, but speaks volumes.

I am just offering my opinion, I await to be shot down, but you cannot deny the facts if you look hard enough. Maybe if rest of UK could declare independence from London, we could have the ideal scenario, but thats not going to happen. At least we have an opportunity. I speak as a business owner and family man.

I am just offering my opinion, I await to be shot down, but you cannot deny the facts if you look hard enough. Maybe if rest of UK could declare independence from London, we could have the ideal scenario, but thats not going to happen. At least we have an opportunity. I speak as a business owner and family man.

You shouldn't really be shot down for any of that. It's your opinion and that's it. You are entitled to those views and many would agree. The only thing I sometimes find is that No voters seem to be accused of being wrong for voting no as if they are in some way blind to the paradise that awaits. One fact that is certain in all of this is that people are going to disagree and no one should have a problem with that. I'll be really disappointed if there is a yes vote but I will certainly respect the right of the voters who made it.

:lol:

Ridiculous, if the fact that some footballers MIGHT have to apply for a work permit to play in England comes into peoples decisions then they are off there nut. Doesnt seem to affect people that much anyway seeing as over half of the people playing in England are foreigners anyway

. I'll be really disappointed if there is a yes vote but I will certainly respect the right of the voters who made it.

I won't even be that disappointed (amazed, but not disappointed). I don't think my day to day life will change appreciably whether Scotland is independent or not. It's really not a big issue.

I won't even be that disappointed (amazed, but not disappointed). I don't think my day to day life will change appreciably whether Scotland is independent or not. It's really not a big issue.

Says the man that fights tooth and nail on here about it every day :lol:

Like I said on the other thread he is definitely just out to provoke responses. :lol: What a thing to say when you seem to spend half your life on this forum!!!! :lol:

Your comments would suggest otherwise.

:lol:

Mate your day to day life will change massively regardless of what happens, you will no longer be spending your whole day posting stuff in here!! :lol: Will have to find something different to do with yourself, get a hobby/job or something!! :lol::P:thumsup2:1eye

That's just not true. I have said on a number of occasions I have no interest in how other people wish to vote. And I have no interest in "converting" Yes or DK people to No.

It's absolutely up to people individually how they want to vote. What I object to are downright lies and misinformation from the Yes voters on here, and more particularly from the SNP.

It's why Ad Lib and I are in pretty much agreement on everything despite voting in completely different ways on the topic. Being correct isn't about being a Yes or a No voter. It's about correcting lies and untruths. Plenty of people to do that for those made by BT and the No campaigners. But very few who have anything other than uncritical rapture towards the SNP and the Yes campaign, even when they lie.

Mate your day to day life will change massively regardless of what happens, you will no longer be spending your whole day posting stuff in here!! :lol: Will have to find something different to do with yourself, get a hobby/job or something!! :lol::P:thumsup2:1eye

I have a very good job. Which is why I get paid well for messing about on the internet all day.

Archived