Scottish Independence

xbl

I see better together are planning on using 'volunteers' to staff call centres in England and Wales to cold call voters up here on behalf of their campaign. Apparently, the first London call centre has made 'tens of thousands' of calls already.

They are also preparing to bus students up from south of the border in a 'big push' in the spring.

A matter for Scots and people in Scotland?

Staggering hypocrisy.

It'll be Quebec x 1000 before too long.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Barrowman vid is exactly the kind of thing Yes need plenty of to keep building momentum. A few old wifeys might like it but the vast majority of soft No's and undecideds will feel insulted.

Keep it coming please. The only celeb I could imagine having a positive effect is Andy Murray and I do fear he'll be drawn into it on the No side.

See us North Britons could have our own domain name (.scot or "dot Scot") by before the referendum. It's a small change but could do loads for the worldwide image of Scotland and for our own sense of nationhood.

www.pieandbovril.scot coming soon I hope.

I rather think that the hardcore Yes voters don't understand when they're the subject of soft catheterisation if their response to the John Barrowman thing is anything to go by.

Well there are a fair proportion of dafties on both sides but I think you are giving Blair Mac far, far too much credit if you think the Barrowmania was the result of a piss take.

I rather think that the hardcore Yes voters don't understand when they're the subject of soft catheterisation if their response to the John Barrowman thing is anything to go by.

If it is as you suggest, then consider me wooshed, but then again why would it be as you suggest, when plenty of BT's videos are cut from the same cloth. And the messages they used in the video are pretty much standard patter for BT

We're in the middle of a lovebombing campaign. It's serious stuff.

Is that the official bitter response now

"eh we have made an arse of this,tell everybody its a piss take"

Bbc scothland news will no doubt put out the message at some point for them

Lol, are you trying to imply BT released it in jest to wind up strong Yes voters? Was the wee dug and sausage roll video the same patter also?

Aside from the reaction from Yes voters to it, it seems to have had an adverse effect (from an anti independence point of view) on some undecideds too, from what I've seen, so hopefully they keep this sort of thing up!

2014 has been clusterfuck after clusterfuck from the Union jocks so far.

Or the no camp

Basically you have pros and cons.

Both will spin away quite happily I'd imagine. from his perspective, Carney's done rather well - said something that won't enarage either side and punted the issue back to the politicians.

Archived