Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Salmond would destroy Cameron. Whether you like him or loathe him, Salmond is one of the last true politicians left.

Im hoping for Yes. No would be a severe blow to our standing at Westminster, which is already low.

You don't need to read every page of the white paper, don't over-analyze too much.

Just ask yourself; Would you like to be part of the society that Cameron is creating? Where, we have a relentless hounding of the poor and disabled and the working/middle classes being squeezed to the point of struggling and serious debt.

Meantime, the banks, are really taking the absolute p*ss, MPs still at it with expenses and lobbying. Large business and others, evading massive amounts of tax, Im all for tax incentives to bring jobs, but don't rip it.

The amount of benefit scrounging that goes on, is dwarfed by the amount of tax owed or evaded by large businesses and others. Interesting to see how media and Westminster drive propaganda.

I don't agree with all his views but, George Galloway described Cameron and Milliband, as "two cheeks on the same a*se", and that doesn't say much for Clegg. Sadly Britain is broken, at least we have a chance to aspire to better, it can't be that hard, got to feel sorry for English tho.

This just sums up how little they care for us

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scottish-lives-considered-cheap-by-uk-1523923

Nuclear weapons too dangerous for England, but ok for Scotland as it's acceptable collateral damage

That article is sensationalist nonsense really. If she was making an argument for getting rid of the nuclear weapons altogether then that's fine, but that's a seperate argument. As it is though, objectively Faslane is a far more sensible place to base the submarines than Devonport. Faslane is at least relatively isolated, whereas Devonport is in the middle of a city of a quarter of a million people.

http://yesscotland.nationbuilder.com/csavile/independence_white_paper_burning_ceremony

Definitely going to THIS! I'll take a bit of petrol with me to help them along. I don't know why they didn't just wait until after their massive defeat before just pulping them all, but I suppose this could become some sort of Scottish tradition like that boat burning thing the island folk in the north get up to.

The yearly point and laugh at the nationalists could become really big. <_<

That article is sensationalist nonsense really. If she was making an argument for getting rid of the nuclear weapons altogether then that's fine, but that's a seperate argument. As it is though, objectively Faslane is a far more sensible place to base the submarines than Devonport. Faslane is at least relatively isolated, whereas Devonport is in the middle of a city of a quarter of a million people.

It's only more sensible in meaningless terms of distance (if your standing a mile away from a nuclear fireball instead of right next to it - you are farther away, but you still die!). A nuclear accident at Faslane will still cause massive damage to Scotland's largest population centre.

It's only more sensible in meaningless terms of distance (if your standing a mile away from a nuclear fireball instead of right next to it - you are farther away, but you still die!). A nuclear accident at Faslane will still cause massive damage to Scotland's largest population centre.

I'm not in favour of having the weapons anywhere, but having them 40 miles from a city is clearly a bit less sh*t than having them right in the middle of a city. And presumably there are lots of potential scenarios other than some gigantic explosion where being 40 miles away can make all the difference. Like I said, if the article was about whether we should have the weapons at all I'd have no problem with it, but she's essentially claiming that Faslane and Devonport are comparable and the MoD just keeps the submarines in Scotland out of spite, which is just rubbish. Basing them in Plymouth would be more similar to basing them in Govan or Leith rather than Faslane.

I'm not in favour of having the weapons anywhere, but having them 40 miles from a city is clearly a bit less sh*t than having them right in the middle of a city. And presumably there are lots of potential scenarios other than some gigantic explosion where being 40 miles away can make all the difference. Like I said, if the article was about whether we should have the weapons at all I'd have no problem with it, but she's essentially claiming that Faslane and Devonport are comparable and the MoD just keeps the submarines in Scotland out of spite, which is just rubbish. Basing them in Plymouth would be more similar to basing them in Govan or Leith rather than Faslane.

I wasn't really considering a gigantic explosion. Any kind of a leak is going to spread huge distances. Really, for safety sake you should be basing them well, well away from civilisation, in that sense Davenport and faslane are comparable. It's more the fact that the English MPs involved will happily invoke the 'too near civilisation' card while happily ignoring the fact that even being at faslane is a huge risk to the greater Glasgow area.

Well, a lot of campaigns restart tonight including mine.

So if you are heading out, wrap up warm and keep going.

100 leaflets, to a certain poster - 100 feckin' leaflets. 40 minutes of your life and it will save your soul.

Strap on your big boy pants and fucking do it, otherwise I'm going to find out where you live and hunt you down!

I wasn't really considering a gigantic explosion. Any kind of a leak is going to spread huge distances. Really, for safety sake you should be basing them well, well away from civilisation, in that sense Davenport and faslane are comparable. It's more the fact that the English MPs involved will happily invoke the 'too near civilisation' card while happily ignoring the fact that even being at faslane is a huge risk to the greater Glasgow area.

Could bung them a bit down the coast at Hunterston then. Lessen the odds of an accident.

I suppose all the jobs that the SNP want to slash in the defence industry and related can always retrain as childcare providers 15,000 extra of these folk that know how to work the play doh?. A sort of military type experience growing up might do some of our brats the world of good.

I suppose all the jobs that the SNP want to slash in the defence industry and related can always retrain as childcare providers 15,000 extra of these folk that know how to work the play doh?. A sort of military type experience growing up might do some of our brats the world of good.

What would the same jobs, that will be slashed under the Union, be retrained as?

Archived