Scottish Independence

xbl

Answer the question.

Step 1 -

"Do you dispute that TNS-BMRB had support for Yes at 30% in April and 33% in February?"

I've answered it b4, the fact that you can't decipher numbers is of no concern to me.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can something be increasing according to the pollsters, yet static according to Ad Lib and HB, yet plummeting and disappearing like "Snow off a dyke" according to Ad Lib and HB, all at the same time? We should go to the polling thread to find out!

Fuming SNP councillors hit out yesterday after they were ordered to remove the flag of Scotland from their office...because it breaks health and safety rules.

The Nationalists had proudly displayed the Saltire in the window of their base at Renfrewshire Council’s HQ in Cotton Street, Paisley, but were left stunned when officials told them to take it down.

And the bizarre ban has left the SNP team feeling a little cross.

Aha. Paisley.

I've answered it b4, the fact that you can't decipher numbers is of no concern to me.

Lies.

"Do you dispute that TNS-BMRB had support for Yes at 30% in April and 33% in February?"

Yes or No.

Getting 30% of the electorate would give us 50% of the vote if the turnout was 60%.

If we were polling at this level, at this stage, yep I think it would be all but over.

*sigh*

No it wouldn't. You have no way of knowing that turnout behaviour is identical on both sides. The 30% figure was in reference to the polling figures and not literally to "everyone registered to vote in Scotland".

Lies.

Yes or No.

No need to accuse anyone of lying when you are so poor with figures.

58% of those polled are not voting NO, YES is certainty to win.

That's the level of your argument here.

*sigh*

No it wouldn't. You have no way of knowing that turnout behaviour is identical on both sides. The 30% figure was in reference to the polling figures and not literally to "everyone registered to vote in Scotland".

^Backtracking.

I have no idea what the turnout will be, but neither do you therefore we're playing a game of hypotheticals, and you lost. Listen, I will only respond to what you type, not what you dreamed in your little unionist mind.

Honestly, this is tragic.

Saying that because there was a well within margin of error increase in the Yes vote up to not even three tenths of the electorate there is "positive momentum" after a 10 month fall of more than double the margin of error is like saying that a football team that started off with 4 wins on the bounce, then lost 6 games, then got a draw has "positive momentum".

Do you agree that TNS-BMRB had support against NO at 70% in April and 67% in February.

Yes, he's being humiliated, but HB has no shame. He'll happily take a humiliation if he can keep the thread incredibly dull.

I'll allow him to go back to normal, if I keep this up I'll feel like I'm picking on him.

Ad Lib and HB should be banned from the Scottish independance thread. They would give a bloody asprin a sore head.

Im glad I have made my.mind up and not an undecided looking for some info.

What a pair of complete tits.

Ohh and aye, they are voting yes :lol:

City Council calls on Scottish Secretary to respond to independence White Paper

19/12/13

Aberdeen City Council has agreed to invite the Secretary of State for Scotland to provide written response to the Scottish Government's White Paper on independence.

A meeting of the Full Council voted in favour of a motion from the Leaders of the three coalition Administration parties to instruct City Council Chief Executive Valerie Watts to write to the Rt Hon Alistair Carmichael MP, asking him to respond in writing to the White Paper which the Scottish Government published last month.

Labour group leader Councillor Barney Crockett, Independent Alliance group leader Councillor Marie Boulton and Conservative group leader Councillor Fraser Forsyth moved in their motion that Council:

• notes Scotland's future will be determined by a public referendum on 18 September 2014;

• notes the Smarter Aberdeen vision adopted by Council, which recognises that Aberdeen is stronger now and will grow even stronger in the future – economically, politically, and socially - as a partner within the United Kingdom;

• agrees that the United Kingdom has served Scotland and its people well for over 300 years and that Scotland enjoys the best of both worlds - a parliament making decisions over health and education, plus strength of being part of a wider United Kingdom with real economic clout and the most professional armed forces in the world;

• agrees that the 670 page White Paper issued by the SNP Scottish Government fails to provide the facts and answers promised to the Scottish people and instead produces the usual assertion, assumption and uncosted promises which fail to address the needs, aspirations and central questions of hard working Scottish people;

• agrees that it is disappointing that there are pledges made in the White Paper which the Scottish Government already has the power to implement, such as childcare provision;

• agrees that there is nothing in the White Paper to justify the break up of a country that has been built up over 300 years of shared endeavour and that Aberdeen City Council should actively engage with the local residents it represents to ensure they are fully informed of the potential impact on Council services which many local people depend on before the referendum on 18 September;

• instructs the Chief Executive to write to the Secretary of State for Scotland inviting him to provide a written response to the Scottish Government's White Paper and thereafter make a copy of the Secretary of State for Scotland's response to the White Paper available to the public.

City Council calls on Scottish Secretary to respond to independence White Paper

19/12/13

Aberdeen City Council has agreed to invite the Secretary of State for Scotland to provide written response to the Scottish Government's White Paper on independence.

A meeting of the Full Council voted in favour of a motion from the Leaders of the three coalition Administration parties to instruct City Council Chief Executive Valerie Watts to write to the Rt Hon Alistair Carmichael MP, asking him to respond in writing to the White Paper which the Scottish Government published last month.

Labour group leader Councillor Barney Crockett, Independent Alliance group leader Councillor Marie Boulton and Conservative group leader Councillor Fraser Forsyth moved in their motion that Council:

• notes Scotland's future will be determined by a public referendum on 18 September 2014;

• notes the Smarter Aberdeen vision adopted by Council, which recognises that Aberdeen is stronger now and will grow even stronger in the future – economically, politically, and socially - as a partner within the United Kingdom;

• agrees that the United Kingdom has served Scotland and its people well for over 300 years and that Scotland enjoys the best of both worlds - a parliament making decisions over health and education, plus strength of being part of a wider United Kingdom with real economic clout and the most professional armed forces in the world;

• agrees that the 670 page White Paper issued by the SNP Scottish Government fails to provide the facts and answers promised to the Scottish people and instead produces the usual assertion, assumption and uncosted promises which fail to address the needs, aspirations and central questions of hard working Scottish people;

• agrees that it is disappointing that there are pledges made in the White Paper which the Scottish Government already has the power to implement, such as childcare provision;

• agrees that there is nothing in the White Paper to justify the break up of a country that has been built up over 300 years of shared endeavour and that Aberdeen City Council should actively engage with the local residents it represents to ensure they are fully informed of the potential impact on Council services which many local people depend on before the referendum on 18 September;

• instructs the Chief Executive to write to the Secretary of State for Scotland inviting him to provide a written response to the Scottish Government's White Paper and thereafter make a copy of the Secretary of State for Scotland's response to the White Paper available to the public.

Are they going to write to the lead singer of Echo & the Bunnymen as well?

I'm also surprised they hadn't noted his rodgering from the Deputy First Minister as well.

Never mind, here it is again. Just in case they missed it.

Archived