Scottish Independence

xbl

Don't understand why Cameron wanted the referendum held in September 2014. Seems the long campaign is not doing his project fear any favours.

He should have held it sooner......

Did he? I'm sure it was an SNP pledge to have it in the second half of the Parliament, and the Unionist side were calling for an early referendum.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well you said that Cameron got everything he wanted in the Edinburgh agreement, and that us Scotch got done over. So its something that YOU said.

No I didn;t. I said Salmond and the SNP got completely owned by Cameron.

They did. Who are "us Scotch"?

http://newsnetscotland.com/index.php/scottish-economy/8489-quarter-of-electricity-exported-as-new-figures-reveal-record-breaking-year-for-scotlands-renewables

Read it and weep. 40% of energy from renewable sources, and a quarter of our energy exported, because we have a fucking huge energy surplus.

I assume even our pet unionists will be celebrating this news?

http://newsnetscotland.com/index.php/scottish-economy/8489-quarter-of-electricity-exported-as-new-figures-reveal-record-breaking-year-for-scotlands-renewables

Read it and weep. 40% of energy from renewable sources, and a quarter of our energy exported, because we have a fucking huge energy surplus.

Surely. I mean they are all proud Scots after all.

"Our support for renewable generation, combined with energy efficiency measures, will help protect Scotland's consumers by keeping energy prices down in the long term."

The data also revealed that Scottish renewable electricity made up 36 per cent of the UK's renewable energy generation in 2012. The figures confirm Scotland continues to be a net exporter of electricity, exporting over a quarter of generated output

"Our support for renewable generation, combined with energy efficiency measures, will help protect Scotland's consumers by keeping energy prices down in the long term."

The data also revealed that Scottish renewable electricity made up 36 per cent of the UK's renewable energy generation in 2012. The figures confirm Scotland continues to be a net exporter of electricity, exporting over a quarter of generated output

All for our cousins down south to be subsidised by Scotland.

Surely Cameron got everything he wanted in the Edinburgh Agreement. No?

Yes. All Cameron was worried about was whether it was a 2 question referendum. Once the SNP signed up to that he was beaming, knowing it was a done deal. As it's proving. He left the rest to Salmond.

"It (the Edinburgh Agreement) also gave power to the Scottish Parliament to pass the legislation that would determine the timing, franchise and wording of the referendum question."

All for our cousins down south to be subsidised by Scotland.

They're so full of hot air I'm flabbergasted they can't generate enough to sustain themselves.

Yes. All Cameron was worried about was whether it was a 2 question referendum. Once the SNP signed up to that he was beaming, knowing it was a done deal. As it's proving. He left the rest to Salmond.

"It (the Edinburgh Agreement) also gave power to the Scottish Parliament to pass the legislation that would determine the timing, franchise and wording of the referendum question."

That would just confirm that he's an idiot.

Goalposts, shifted.

Are you pleased about the energy figures?

Absolutely. Pleased that the ONS have beem caught lying about Scotland's economic performance?

Always good to see mistakes rectified.

Pleased Nicola Sturgeon has been caught lying about EU membership?

So he didn't get everything he wanted then? If he did he would have got the timing of when referendum is held as it's proving to be problematic for him.

Having to wait till 2014 could be a defining moment as to who wins. If he didn't believe that to be important then he's made quite a massive blunder.

So he didn't get everything he wanted then? If he did he would have got the timing of when referendum is held as it's proving to be problematic for him.

Why is it proving "problematic" for him?

I don't think he gave a monkeys when the referendum was held.

Archived