NFL Draft 2014 Thread

Sloop John B

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how many of us are staying up for this tonight?

Can I also ask that if you see who a team has picked on twitter before it's announced that they don't post it. Let's have fun and find out together :)

Gilbert and Dennard top 10 talents? I don't see it. Kyle Fuller is about right at 14 if he as the top CB selected.

Stay off twitter. It ruins the excitement.

Gilbert and Dennard top 10 talents? I don't see it. Kyle Fuller is about right at 14 if he as the top CB selected.

Stay off twitter. It ruins the excitement.

Mmm i think Dennard is the best cb, maybe not a top ten talent but the lions need to pick a corner unless evans or watkins are still on the board

So how many of us are staying up for this tonight?

Can I also ask that if you see who a team has picked on twitter before it's announced that they don't post it. Let's have fun and find out together :)

Yeah, I'm just gonna sit back and watch.

Is it on Sky? If so I assume it will be NFL Network coverage? Don't think I'd be able to handle 3 hours of Mel Kiper.

Is it on Sky? If so I assume it will be NFL Network coverage? Don't think I'd be able to handle 3 hours of Mel Kiper.

It will be Rich Eisen and the boys. This includes Mike Mayock :wub:

Mmm i think Dennard is the best cb, maybe not a top ten talent but the lions need to pick a corner unless evans or watkins are still on the board

Do they though? I think they're fine with Darius Slay being thrown into a starting role and Chris Houston isn't that bad. They need to strengthen obviously but not to the point overlooking much superior talents. I'd rather have Ebron, Donald, Clinton-Dix, Evans or Mack/Watkins if they fall.

Do they though? I think they're fine with Darius Slay being thrown into a starting role and Chris Houston isn't that bad. They need to strengthen obviously but not to the point overlooking much superior talents. I'd rather have Ebron, Donald, Clinton-Dix, Evans or Mack/Watkins if they fall.

They need 3 DBs, any team with a quick thinking QB and fast receivers can show them up easily enough. I'm sure vs Greg jennings they'll do fine but when Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb and Jarrett Boykin are zigzagging all over the joint they'll be lost again. They need a guy that teams will be worried about throwing against. Theyve got a really good pass rush already so unless they decide to chuck Fairley then I dont see them going Donald, and resigning Pettigrew and Fauria kind of rules out a move for Ebron.

Yep its on sky sports and the NFL Network online thing that GingerSaint posted up a link to a few months back :)

I'll be watching, hopefully the Rams get a good offer for the 2nd pick. Can't see it being a "Trade the future for now" trade like the Redskins gave us but 2 first rounders would be amazing. Don't see anyone I'd like the Rams to take at number 2, unless we suddenly decide to go QB but even then there's value later in the draft for a QB.

They need 3 DBs, any team with a quick thinking QB and fast receivers can show them up easily enough. I'm sure vs Greg jennings they'll do fine but when Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb and Jarrett Boykin are zigzagging all over the joint they'll be lost again. They need a guy that teams will be worried about throwing against. Theyve got a really good pass rush already so unless they decide to chuck Fairley then I dont see them going Donald, and resigning Pettigrew and Fauria kind of rules out a move for Ebron.

Pettigrew is done. Fauria is a red zone monster but needs to develop his game more. If they're going down the route of taking another WR, why not go one better and take a dominant TE? They haven't picked up Fairley's 5th year option, he still hasn't shaken off his off-field issues and there were questions about his fitness to play every down last year.

Packers, Panthers, Bengals and Chargers had bad secondary's and reached the playoffs. Pats and Broncos weren't all that either. There are ways to mask your deficiencies and play to your strengths and the Panthers are the greatest example of that.Just wish the Jets could figure out how to do that with the entire offense.

I'll be watching, hopefully the Rams get a good offer for the 2nd pick. Can't see it being a "Trade the future for now" trade like the Redskins gave us but 2 first rounders would be amazing. Don't see anyone I'd like the Rams to take at number 2, unless we suddenly decide to go QB but even then there's value later in the draft for a QB.

I think theyre a lock to take greg robinson are they not? Not exactly an exciting pick but they need a better O line if theyre sticking with sam bradford and either Matthews or Robinson at 2 would be the best bet for them to do that

I think theyre a lock to take greg robinson are they not? Not exactly an exciting pick but they need a better O line if theyre sticking with sam bradford and either Matthews or Robinson at 2 would be the best bet for them to do that

I have them taking Matthews due to the history Jeff Fisher has with his dad.

This story I hope is bullshit

A person with "knowledge of the team's draft philosophy" told NJ.com the Giants would "seriously consider" Johnny Manziel if he slipped to No. 12.

Archived