NFL Draft 2014 Thread

Sloop John B

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone remember how long the 1st round took last year?

It usually takes between 3 and 4 hours. The maximum it could take 32 x 10 minutes would be just over 5 hours but of course not every team takes their full ten minutes as they usually have a good idea of who they want. The only thing that might push it towards 4 hours is if there are a lot of trades because the negotiations behind the scenes can draw it out. My guess is about 70% of "clock time" is utilised on average so you're looking at about 3 hours and 40 minutes.

Friday could be far more of a drag. (32 x 7) + (36 x 5) = over 6.5 possibly, so almost guaranteed to take at least 4 hours.

Heard an interesting thought today when an analyst said that the first round draft speculation doesnt really matter since half of the players will be busts anyway...turns out he's not far off with that stat based on the last few seasons.

So what I want to know is who are the guys that everyone has been talking about most likely to bust?

Heard an interesting thought today when an analyst said that the first round draft speculation doesnt really matter since half of the players will be busts anyway...turns out he's not far off with that stat based on the last few seasons.

So what I want to know is who are the guys that everyone has been talking about most likely to bust?

Clowney & Manziel without a doubt. AJ McCarron as well, although he'll not be a first rounder.

Whoever the Raiders pick :thumbsdown

Johnny Football

Derek Carr

Blake Bortles

Calvin Pryor

Kelvin Benjamin

Marqise Lee

Justin Gilbert

Kony Ealy

Anthony Barr

Stephen Tuitt

There's 10.

Johnny Football

Derek Carr

Blake Bortles

Calvin Pryor

Kelvin Benjamin

Marqise Lee

Justin Gilbert

Kony Ealy

Anthony Barr

Stephen Tuitt

There's 10.

I'd take 8 of them, I reckon Manziel has huge bust potential but I dont think he busts and I think Justin Gilbert will do OK

Khalil Mack is going to be a bust imo. From watching his film, he only stands out on a couple of plays a game and this is at small school level. Next Aaron Curry imo.

That's my only worry on Mack. He has played against pretty average competition for 3 years. Saying that I did see him against Ohio State this season and he did look impressive

What's your thoughts on Indiana's Cody Latimer?

I've seen almost nothing from him other than some of his combine drills (i think...). Worrying that he's only being talked about now though, did he not have enough good footage on tape to convince people of his talent? On the other hand I have no idea who the Indiana QB is throwing him the ball so that could be a reason for him not showing up on radars until his pro day.

What's your thoughts on Indiana's Cody Latimer?

I love him as a 2nd Round prospect to the Jets. He's a big bodied receiver who doesn't drop anything ever. He can high point the ball and has deceptive speed and quickness. He runs better routes than Kelvin Benjamin, which tbh isn't hard.

I have him as my 7th ranked WR.

Archived