NFL Draft 2014 Thread

Sloop John B

I think Manziel is better (and more effective) as a runner when he makes plays on the fly. Designed runs lead to Patrick Willis smashing you in the mouth. Cam Newton can take the hits with a frame like his, but not Manziel. Manziel is rated so highly because of his special ability when the play breaks down, not through use of read option or QB draws.

I still fucking hate him and forever will until he learns to pass first and run later.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely. A bit like Cam Newton I had my doubts of whether he could step up and be disciplined enough to become a starter, time will tell I guess. The way he scrambles, and with designed runs, makes me think that he will probably still make a loy of yards on his own. He's like a damn slippery eel!

Yeah, one thing's for sure he won't be a Tebow sized bust since he can actually throw passes and he looks more nimble and a better play action guy than the likes of Vince Young. Some of the plays on his highlight reel are nothing short of amazing, especially THAT play toward the end of this season, that was Eli Superbowl calibre determination and elusiveness

I think Manziel is better (and more effective) as a runner when he makes plays on the fly. Designed runs lead to Patrick Willis smashing you in the mouth. Cam Newton can take the hits with a frame like his, but not Manziel. Manziel is rated so highly because of his special ability when the play breaks down, not through use of read option or QB draws.

I still fucking hate him and forever will until he learns to pass first and run later.

He'll soon learn when he starts to get hit. Hopefully he can make it long enough without an injury to give my Dynasty League team a chance of a couple of wins :P

It's so hard with QBs to figure who can make the step from college to NFL well. To me it always seems that guys like AJ McCarron and Aaron Murray should be able to as decent passers who can control a game but it never really works out that way. As has been said, once he starts getting hit regularly I wonder how keen he'll be to scramble?

It's so hard with QBs to figure who can make the step from college to NFL well. To me it always seems that guys like AJ McCarron and Aaron Murray should be able to as decent passers who can control a game but it never really works out that way. As has been said, once he starts getting hit regularly I wonder how keen he'll be to scramble?

I agree.

I kinda hope the Titans pick up Murray in the later rounds. If Locker is finally proven a bust this year (I don't think he will be if he stays healthy) he could be our next project.

I really don't think we're far from being a good team in this league. Hope to turn a few heads this season like we did in 08.

I'm excited to see where Logan Thomas ends up, easily the most athletic QB in the draft and with a bit of work on his accuracy and composure I think he could be a really exciting prospect. I'd like to see him end up with the steelers and play backup to ben for a couple of seasons then take over as a situational guy when hes starting to wind down his career.

Really hope the Giants can scout out a new backup QB since they obviously dont like Nassib and Painter is pretty bad. Tom Savage is a name I keep hearing banded about, would really like to see what all the fuss is about.

I'm excited to see where Logan Thomas ends up, easily the most athletic QB in the draft and with a bit of work on his accuracy and composure I think he could be a really exciting prospect. I'd like to see him end up with the steelers and play backup to ben for a couple of seasons then take over as a situational guy when hes starting to wind down his career.

Really hope the Giants can scout out a new backup QB since they obviously dont like Nassib and Painter is pretty bad. Tom Savage is a name I keep hearing banded about, would really like to see what all the fuss is about.

Never liked the look of Thomas, always looked mistake ridden.

I can't see us looking at a QB for at least 2 more years. Picking up Nassib last season was a strange one

Spot on. It's very difficult for a lot of fans to accept that great college players don't necessarily become great professional players. It's tempting to say they're two different sports and while that would be exaggerating, such is the difficulty that even some of the greatest college players have had at the NFL that you can't really bank on anything from a guy once he's drafted.

He'd make a cracking TE. Absolute steam train in the open field but is not an NFL QB.

He'd make a cracking TE. Absolute steam train in the open field but is not an NFL QB.

Yeah I was surprised he didnt go with the other similar style QB (cant remember his name now, think he played for a florida school) and enter the combine and draft as a RB. At the same time though I think with some work on his game he could be a top QB, its not like Tebow where he's unconventional in everything he does, his timing and feet and throwing motion are all fine its just the accuracy and throwing the right type of pass that he needs to work on and thats stuff that can be taught if he gets time to back someone up

Browns who overlooked Johnny Football's pro day have invited Derek Carr for a private workout. Maybe looking to take him with the second #1 they got from Indy?

Hee hee. Got a tweet read out on path to the draft on NFL Network. Asked Taylor Lethan what qb ir rb he'd like to block for. He said Teddy Bridgewater. Pleasing.

Browns who overlooked Johnny Football's pro day have invited Derek Carr for a private workout. Maybe looking to take him with the second #1 they got from Indy?

Travesty if Derek Carr goes in the first, he's starting to fall out of my top 10 QBs in the draft the more I see hear of the rest of the contenders, I think he's got flop written all over him

Johnny Manziel visiting the Patriots

:blink:

That would be terrifying, surely can't fall that far though.

Heard the Vikings are really keen on Zach Mettenberger. Think he could be the surprise package this season, very solid player who I like a lot.

Heard the Vikings are really keen on Zach Mettenberger. Think he could be the surprise package this season, very solid player who I like a lot.

Surely they would have to draft up to get Manziel

Vikings are interested in every single QB it's getting ridiculous now :lol:

Is Freeman still on there books?

Not as far as I know, think its just Cassell thats still there from last season. Freeman was definitely linked with the raiders, i assume it was through FA?

Archived