NFL Draft 2014 Thread

Sloop John B

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody else see the highlights from Teddy Bs pro day? A lot of chatter about how he looked average and after seeing the highlights (or lowlights whatever) showed some bad play. A lot of balls going too high, deep balls going too late or not deep enough. A bit worrying when theres no pressure coming at him

Anybody else see the highlights from Teddy Bs pro day? A lot of chatter about how he looked average and after seeing the highlights (or lowlights whatever) showed some bad play. A lot of balls going too high, deep balls going too late or not deep enough. A bit worrying when theres no pressure coming at him

Means nothing to me. Is still more talented than Manziel or Bortles

ok...way to kill the conversation :lol:

How about this one: With all the Free Agency add ons who do the patriots and broncos take in the draft?

WR for the Pats. Perhaps Allen Robinson or Davante Adams. I don't see their need for TE in the first at all, tbh.

Broncos need to go MLB if they like someone at 32. I'll go for Shayne Skov. Maybe Kyle Fuller as an outside chance if Chris Harris can't recover fully.

WR for the Pats. Perhaps Allen Robinson or Davante Adams. I don't see their need for TE in the first at all, tbh.

Broncos need to go MLB if they like someone at 32. I'll go for Shayne Skov. Maybe Kyle Fuller as an outside chance if Chris Harris can't recover fully.

Meh see I think NE could get by with the WRs they have or at least get a good one later on, the problem at TE is whether or not Gronkowski can stay fit. If they can't get Ebron or Amaro though I don't think any of the other guys are worth it (unless they want to take a punt on another talented trouble maker in Colt Lyerla). The other option is just continue to go big and spend the two first round picks on Jimmy Graham...

Meh see I think NE could get by with the WRs they have or at least get a good one later on, the problem at TE is whether or not Gronkowski can stay fit. If they can't get Ebron or Amaro though I don't think any of the other guys are worth it (unless they want to take a punt on another talented trouble maker in Colt Lyerla). The other option is just continue to go big and spend the two first round picks on Jimmy Graham...

Belicheck always has a fluid offense so I don't think it matters where the talent comes from. They molded into a power running offense last year because of the lack of pass catchers. They have a playmaking TE (healthy or not) but they have no outside threat at WR whatsoever (I like Josh Boyce but that's a year or two away from happening). Like you said, there isn't likely to be a top TE when they pick but there will be plenty of WR's about. So much that they may trade back and pick up Davante Adams or Jarvis Landry in the 2nd.

He's already signed "somewhere" and looking "poor" to put off an early draft, according to rumours I hear

He's already signed "somewhere" and looking "poor" to put off an early draft, according to rumours I hear

Any source? I can't imagine that being the case since most teams will judge him on his game tape and not one dodgy pro day performance.

Taking that in to account though there are three scenarios, none of them good:

- Bridgewater's Pro Day was a result of poor off season coaching to change his mechanics which were fine to start with, maybe undermines the leadership qualities so many people thought he had if he can't do solo training properly

- Bridgewater's Pro Day was a one off bad day put down to nerves, how long does it take those nerves to settle down with every Sunday being a big game confidence would have to be a concern

- Bridgewater threw his Pro Day to put off teams from drafting him early so he could sign with a specific team, if that's not a character concern then I don't know what is...

Any source? I can't imagine that being the case since most teams will judge him on his game tape and not one dodgy pro day performance.

Taking that in to account though there are three scenarios, none of them good:

- Bridgewater's Pro Day was a result of poor off season coaching to change his mechanics which were fine to start with, maybe undermines the leadership qualities so many people thought he had if he can't do solo training properly

- Bridgewater's Pro Day was a one off bad day put down to nerves, how long does it take those nerves to settle down with every Sunday being a big game confidence would have to be a concern

- Bridgewater threw his Pro Day to put off teams from drafting him early so he could sign with a specific team, if that's not a character concern then I don't know what is...

Went to college in Kentucky.

Loves the hick way of life

He's a Titan now!!!!!!

Ah shit! I thought I knew a few things about football, been following since the early 80's, but I look at the Raiders' signing policy this FA and, fucked if I know! FIIK wht the hell we're doing.

Win a Superbowl, make play-offs, hell manage 9 5 wins and I'll be astonished.

Can someone tell me what's going on?

I'm just about to watch Johnny Manziel's pro day.

He's decided to do it in pads and helmet. Unheard of apparently.

I guess it proves that he can move and throw in full uniform. He's looked good from what I've seen. Not that it proves anything right enough.

I wouldn't have thought Manziel's ability in pads was in doubt. Surely what most teams would be looking at would be his ability to stay in the pocket and allow plays to develop, instead of forcing them himself?

From what i saw it was a fair mix of both. Really it just proves that he can do it and helps get him in the spotlight once again doesnt it? As skeptical as I am I'm even more excited to see what he can do, he's fun to watch, nobody can deny that

Where's he going then? A few folk are tipping Houston, Vikes may be another shout while AP is .still providing a rushing option on offence.

From what i saw it was a fair mix of both. Really it just proves that he can do it and helps get him in the spotlight once again doesnt it? As skeptical as I am I'm even more excited to see what he can do, he's fun to watch, nobody can deny that

Absolutely. A bit like Cam Newton I had my doubts of whether he could step up and be disciplined enough to become a starter, time will tell I guess. The way he scrambles, and with designed runs, makes me think that he will probably still make a loy of yards on his own. He's like a damn slippery eel!

Archived