NFL Draft 2014 Thread

Sloop John B

I'm starting to sway that way aswell, I think they take Clowney. I hope they take QB though, because that would give us more leverage for a trade back.

Don't you think if Texans take a QB that Rams would be tempted to take Clowney though? I know they already have a good pass rush but with Clowney, Quinn and Long on the team they could benefit more by auctioning one of them off for a position of need, maybe someone already proven in the league

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No sure what you mean mate? If you mean take Clowney and trade either Quinn or Long I doubt that happens. Quinn is gonna be one of the best DE's in the leauge for the next 6/7 years and I hope he is a Ram for life. I can't see anyone interested in Long. He's certainly above average and a great team mate, I love him for that. He is getting on however, and would come with a large salary.

I just can't justify taking a player (a potentially great player I admit) at a position of strength for us, when we have so many other needs. Oline and secondry especially.

What I mean is a team with a need at DE might be willing to part with an already established o-lineman in exchange for, let's say Long, In which case they could upgrade 2 positions with Clowney and the lineman, instead of just one.

The alternative could be to draft Clowney and trade him away for an established player, maybe Keenan Allen or Justin Blackmon or someone like that?

What I mean is a team with a need at DE might be willing to part with an already established o-lineman in exchange for, let's say Long, In which case they could upgrade 2 positions with Clowney and the lineman, instead of just one.

The alternative could be to draft Clowney and trade him away for an established player, maybe Keenan Allen or Justin Blackmon or someone like that?

Think Clowney would need more than that.

Aye I see what your saying, Id rather just trade back, pick up a 2nd and a 3rd. Atlanta seems to be the most talked about and would be an ideal situation. At 6 we would still get either Mathews Robinson or Watkins. Assuming that Clowney and two QB's go before 6.

Who do you like if we stay at 2 Stevie? It's not a popular opinion- most rams fans favour O-line- but I'd have Watkins every day of the week.

I have been back and forward. Last week I was firmly on the Watkins bandwagon. This week I'm all for the oline. Dream draft would be trade back to 6 for an extra 2nd and pick up Mathews or Robinson. Even if we have to pick at 2 , I think I would still go one of those two.

With our run heavy offence and doubts over Longs fitness we simply have to address the line with high draft picks and elite players. Even more so if we don't reaign Saffold.

Verner and Saffold sign in FA

Draft

1st rd Mathews/Robinson and Haha Clinton Dix

2nd Rd David Yankly (even if Saffold signs I still do this)

After that im not sure, we need a back up QB and I like Aaron Murray, if we can get him in the 4th id be delighted but doubt he get's that far. Dont think we take a QB in the 3rd.

I have been back and forward. Last week I was firmly on the Watkins bandwagon. This week I'm all for the oline. Dream draft would be trade back to 6 for an extra 2nd and pick up Mathews or Robinson. Even if we have to pick at 2 , I think I would still go one of those two.

With our run heavy offence and doubts over Longs fitness we simply have to address the line with high draft picks and elite players. Even more so if we don't reaign Saffold.

Verner and Saffold sign in FA

Draft

1st rd Mathews/Robinson and Haha Clinton Dix

2nd Rd David Yankly (even if Saffold signs I still do this)

After that im not sure, we need a back up QB and I like Aaron Murray, if we can get him in the 4th id be delighted but doubt he get's that far. Dont think we take a QB in the 3rd.

Wondered when this shit would come up after you released Finnegan.

I think Fisher was there a year after he was drafted so he likes him.

A lot of Titans fans are too upset he's leaving. He's had one good season and wasn't even assured his job last preseason. I'd resign him but not at the silly money he would want.

Wondered when this shit would come up after you released Finnegan.

I think Fisher was there a year after he was drafted so he likes him.

A lot of Titans fans are too upset he's leaving. He's had one good season and wasn't even assured his job last preseason. I'd resign him but not at the silly money he would want.

He's been talked about on Rams boards and such long before Finny was released.

You think Fisih will have any interest in CJ1K?

One of those 1st round picks would be nice, you could chuck in Zac Stacy too :lol:

He's a free agent right? I'd give him a one year vet minimum. Just as a token gesture from Fish to an old friend. Let him play for a good team for the first time in his career? :P

He's a free agent right? I'd give him a one year vet minimum. Just as a token gesture from Fish to an old friend. Let him play for a good team for the first time in his career? :P

Nah, he still has 3 years of his deal left, due $8 million this year. As he's due no bonus we can keep him till June I think before cutting him to save cap hit.

Think we're seeing if he has any value which I don't think he has. Will be lucky to get a 7th for him. Really don't know what we're gonna do at RB, Shonne Greene and Jackie Battle :unsure: We have too many needs in the draft and no 3rd round pick. None of the FA really seem appealing. Maybe Ben Tate.

Archived