NFL Draft 2014 Thread

Sloop John B

I'll be honest, it just sounds like the same lazy criticism I see of him all the time: 'but hes got the weaponz!!!!'

As I said, there is probably no harsher Falcon fan critic than me when it comes to him. He's a good QB. Top 5 - 8 range at the moment. Potential to get into the upper tier.

Anyway, as stimulating as this has been, I think it's time to move on.

You're making out as if I said he's shite, I think you maybe misunderstood or just failed to actually read any of my posts...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going into the season I'd have rated Newton and Ryan about the same. Just outside the top 5. Newton had a breakout season but Ryan was in a poor team beset by injuries to key offensive players. He is still a top 10 QB for me going into the 2014 season. Before the season I was more confident of the Falcons* making the playoffs than the Pants*

I tipped the Falcs for the SB :(

I think I tipped the Pants to win their division :)

Sort of weirdo that will fit in well at the Jets

Apparently there were a lot of teams there to see him, I have a feeling he lands with the Titans or Texans in round 2.

I wonder how the Alabama workouts went, havent heard a thing from them yet...

No doubt hear non-stop about Manziel not throwing and hopefully something positive about Mike Evans tomorrow, dont really know the other big names on though. List of pro-day dates is here if anyone wants a look: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000326264/article/2014-pro-days-schedule?campaign=Facebook_writers_cfb

De'Anthony Thomas would be very nice with one of our 3rd/4th Round picks. I think he goes in the 2nd though despite what all the expert draftniks are saying.

I just can't have Bortles first. He might end up being the best player down the line but if I am taking a QB first I am taking the safe option of Teddy every day. It seems like the Manning and Leaf thing all over again. Taking the guy with a "high ceiling" or taking the one who has proven to be the better player so far.

Hopefully won't see us drafting at 2, but if were stuck there I don't think we take Clowney. I just can't see how you could justify adding to a position of strength, when we have so many other holes. Robinson for me at 2.

I'm starting to wonder if he Texans take one of the top QBs now, they've apparently spoken to Matt Cassels agent about bringing him in and could see them going a year with him under centre and taking someone like Garoppolo or Mettenberger or Boyd in the 2nd or 3rd round and maybe taking Clowney or Mack or Ford or someone like that at #1 or even trading back.

I think the Raiders will go for one of the top QBs rather than Watkins and if the Rams don't trade back and strengthen the o-line and secondary later they either go Robinson or Matthews at #2.

Archived