NFL Draft 2014 Thread

Sloop John B

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should go WR next, so we'll probably pick a lineman or something.

Depends on who's available. Jace Amaro wouldn't be a terrible pick but I'd like to see us take a WR like Allen Robinson or Davante Adams. I don't see any CB's that are worth taking in the 2nd so it has to be offensive playmaker for me. Please not Guard.

Apparently the Titans War Room looked so disappointed because we had trade deals in the works with the Jets and Browns but they fell thru. Jets wanted to trade up for Beckham and the Browns for Manziel and they still managed to get him at 22 lol.

I suppose the Lewan pick will make sense in the long run but it really wasn't a need after signing Oher. We've had one of the best tackle tandems in the league the last ten years with Roos & Stewart and it's got us nowhere.

One things for sure that OL better be top 5 and keep Locker on his feet and let Greene run for 1200 yards (lol, I know).

Has to be RB or QB with our next pick.

DO NOT DRAFT AJ MCCARRON. I'm done if we do.

I got 3 hours sleep and am struggling. I'm thinking power nap then up at midnight for rounds 2 & 3.

We watched Skys coverage. Wade Phillips was woeful. Shot the whole show down in his first sentence. Not often i'll say this but I was wishing they'd had got Cecil instead.

Odd call for 49ers, the only thing I can think with that is they want a hard hitter to replace whitner. Having someone thats not scared to hit hard means he'll be in the back of WR minds. Not a bad thing. Still think we need a solid WR though

If Austin Seferian-Jenkins is there when big blue pick then we should take him. Big play making Tight End

Same applies for the Pats when we pick. By far the second best TE in the draft.

Injury concerns might push ASJ down. What happened to the people that said Jace Amaro was better than Eric Ebron? He was touted to go ahead of Ebron by some now nobody wants him.

Rams got a good first round (Top rated LT and DT), surprised that the QB's fell so far though, usually even the 3rd round graded QB's sneak into the bottom of round one (Weeden and Tebow come to mind) as teams in need grab one ASAP but for Teddy to last to the 32nd pick was amazing.

I'd like the Rams to go WR or QB today although WR seems to be something we do every season and it rarely pans out. Still good value in QBs and given Bradford's out of contract in two seasons and has been average throughout his time in the league so far, couldn't hurt to draft a guy in the 3rd to try push Bradford a bit more and he's a little bit injury prone so could help for cover as well.

I was hoping we would go safety in the first round (Clinton-Dix) but obviously happy with the players we did pick up.

I'd like to see us still address the secondary and add a safety to play alongside Mcdonald but im unsure as to who's still available.

QB has to be either 2nd or 3rd round pick. Speaking to StevieLes and i agree that i'd like to see us take Murray.

Would love to see Aaron Murray fall to the Texans but I dont know if he's safe enough to reach for at #33 tonight, could he fall to early 3rd/late 2nd?

Kind of expecting Carr to the Raiders tonight.

Wouldn't complain.

what I've seen of FA and last night, I almost trust them not to do something stupid. Let's be honest, for all the fact he was a great football man, last night Al Davis would have picked Johnny Manziel, or the fastest player left at 5

Wouldn't complain.

what I've seen of FA and last night, I almost trust them not to do something stupid. Let's be honest, for all the fact he was a great football man, last night Al Davis would have picked Johnny Manziel, or the fastest player left at 5

Yeah, if we had wen't reciever I'd have wanted Evans.

Al would have wanted Marqise Lee probably. Still a good player, but he couldn't resist the speed and USC factor.

edit for spelling

Would love to see Aaron Murray fall to the Texans but I dont know if he's safe enough to reach for at #33 tonight, could he fall to early 3rd/late 2nd?

Murray belongs to the Titans. Hands off.

They won't take him here. Too early.

Archived