NFL Draft 2014 Thread

Sloop John B

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teddy Bridgewater visiting NE today as well.

Means nothing. Getting information on players they could play for the next 10-15 years.

Exactly. For the avoidance of doubt there is no chance of us drafting a QB in the first two rounds.

Apparently we're only thirty-six days out from the draft. That's crazy. It's gone in really quickly this year when it usually seems to take forever. And it's two weeks later this year. Crazy.

Really? It's been slower than a year in the jail for me.

Looks like the draft will be vital to the Seahawks this year. We've lost a lot of our depth and haven't been very active in free agency. There is even talk of re-signing Sydney Rice on reduced terms. On the positive side the front office have been quite canny in recent drafts and even picked up a few decent undrafted players. Should be another successful season and I expect 10+ wins even though the NFC West opposition appear to be strengthening.

Anyone high on Aaron Donald?

I think he's one of the 'elite' or 'blue-chip' or whatever you want to say prospects. How is he any less of a player than Marcell Dareus (3), Tyson Alualu (10), Fletcher Cox (12), Michael Brockers (14)? He's not, he's a terrific player and an inch or two on a guy either way doesn't change that yet he'll be doing well to go in that same range.

They often don't have a great deal of prospects but Pitt also has a long, long tradition of putting some of the very best players that ever played their position into the NFL: Dan Marino, Mike Ditka, Ruben Brown, Larry Fitzgerald, Tony Dorsett, Darelle Revis, Curtis Martin, Russ Grimm. That's some of the best of the best right there and I think Aaron Donald could add to that long line.

Yea out of Pittsburgh

Yeah I only had a good look at him at the combine but he looks ridiculous, a couple of practice drills before it with his teammates/o-linemen he was working out with and he threw them about like Rosie & Jim, not unlike what Ndamukong Suh done at it a few years back. The highlight reel was much the same. You don't see many guys that small though and it's a much bigger issue than PotC is making out, at 6'1" theres not a whole lot of frame left to build on which is why he's weighing in 30lbs lighter than most other guys at the position. Sure it makes him a lot faster and streamlined than them if he gets a hole to bust through after the QB but it leaves a bigger problem in getting there on his own.

Just FYI Chris Borland, for some reason, is the guy I always get Donald mixed up with. Different positions different styles of player and they look nothing alike so no clue why I've trouble confusing them...

Donald is an excellent pass rusher and gets inside penetration time after time. Obviously, he needs to work on his ability as a run stuffer but he can pursue backs along the line and make a stop.

PoTC, your point about draft position is irrelevant. This is a different draft and entirely different pool of players. Eric Fisher went number 1 overall last year but I've heard experts say he's be the 4th best LT this year.

With the Vikings being heavily linked with LSU's Zach Mettenberger in the 2nd round it looks like they won't pick a QB in the 1st

Think that could be an awesome fit if they get him, they could be a really dangerous offence this year, if not then definitely next. Even if it's Cassell taking most of the playing time in 2014, Patterson being a focal point might see him having a Josh Gordon type season

• 2 weeks later...

Manziel working out for the Browns for a 3rd time

Ohio bound?

I think Deke Carr is headed for his 3rd workout with them this week too (maybe today actually?) so I'd imagine its a toss up between them. I think theyve got to take a punt on Johnny Football tbh, if he turns out as well as he played in college they could be the best team in the AFC next year

I think Deke Carr is headed for his 3rd workout with them this week too (maybe today actually?) so I'd imagine its a toss up between them. I think theyve got to take a punt on Johnny Football tbh, if he turns out as well as he played in college they could be the best team in the AFC next year

Money making machine in the merchandise world as well

Archived