NFL Draft 2014 Thread

Sloop John B

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ebron had the same time as his former UNC teammate Gio Bernard.

Can't wait for the RB's/WR's tomorrow.

wow really? I guess bernards speed comes more from cuts and acceleration but even then that's crazy considering he has what, 40lbs on Gio?

This might sound bitter and it probably is.

But why is the Combine held in Indianapolis? I've read up as much as I could that it's been in place since 1982 and moved between Tampa, New Orleans & Phoenix, all warm weather, before moving permanently to Indy in 1987.

It just seems odd that they moved it to a cold weather town when it's held in February. I know Indy has always had a dome and is centrally placed in the country but if the weather is bad, which it has been extremely bad this year in the midwest, that may hinder people travelling there. For me it underlines the wee puppy dog attitude the NFL seems to hold for the Indianapolis Colts.

Why not hold in it Houston or Dallas?

But why is the Combine held in Indianapolis? I've read up as much as I could that it's been in place since 1982 and moved between Tampa, New Orleans & Phoenix, all warm weather, before moving permanently to Indy in 1987.

It just seems odd that they moved it to a cold weather town when it's held in February. I know Indy has always had a dome and is centrally placed in the country but if the weather is bad, which it has been extremely bad this year in the midwest, that may hinder people travelling there. For me it underlines the wee puppy dog attitude the NFL seems to hold for the Indianapolis Colts.

Well bad weather would hinder travel wherever it was held, it just means that some players would have a lot further to travel than others

Geographically, Indianapolis is about the most convenient place for many of the teams.

It's also only a short-drive from Chicago which is one of the major transport hubs, if not the major one, in the U.S. And it's indoors and has all of the facilities that they require to hold the event which Chicago itself can't provide.

I'm just this morning catching up on what's been happening the last couple of days in Indy.

Kelvin Benjamin is just a ridiculously huge human being! :lol:

It looks like Greg Robinson has blown the roof of the place yesterday and while he's impressive, when you look at them on the field I still think Jake Matthews is a class act.

While it's a shame for Cyrus Kouandjio, maybe it'll end up being a positive as with a chronic condition like arthritic knees he'd have struggled to justify his position as a high draft pick.

Manziel go's under 4.6 in the 40 yard dash

official or unofficial?

I'm choking to see how everyone gets on today when I get home, that was amazing seeing some of those O linemen yesterday, Robinson in particular, never seen a guy that size move so quickly in my life. Kelvin Benjamin will probably be the standout from the guys today, probably Watkins not for behind. Keep an eye out for LaDamien Washington too, unofficially ran a 4.36 at the start of last season I believe, huge guy too although I hear his technique is still very very raw

official or unofficial?

I'm choking to see how everyone gets on today when I get home, that was amazing seeing some of those O linemen yesterday, Robinson in particular, never seen a guy that size move so quickly in my life. Kelvin Benjamin will probably be the standout from the guys today, probably Watkins not for behind. Keep an eye out for LaDamien Washington too, unofficially ran a 4.36 at the start of last season I believe, huge guy too although I hear his technique is still very very raw

Unofficial

Wide receivers up now

Corey Brown (Ohio State) 4.37

Odell Beckham Jnr (LSU) 4.40

Mike Evans (Texas A+M) 4.50

Oh and can anyone tell me if Jared Abbrederis managed to make it? I know he missed out on the senior bowl through injury but I think the combine events will make the most difference of where he goes in the draft since very few are questioning his technical attributes

I hope Jared Abbrederis runs slow so we can pick him up in the 3rd. I hope Odell Beckham Jr runs fast so Rex will be convince to draft him at #18. We interviewed OBJ this week apparently so that's a start.

Unofficial

Wide receivers up now

Corey Brown (Ohio State) 4.37

Odell Beckham Jnr (LSU) 4.40

Mike Evans (Texas A+M) 4.50

Wow thats decent for Evans, for a guy his size I was expecting him to be a bit slower than that. Robert Herron will probably put up a decent 40 time but he hardly covered himself in glory at the senior bowl, more of a KP return man than anything else I'd imagine.

I heard someone was looking to break Johnsons's record time but had to leave before they got to that story, any clue who it was?

I hope Jared Abbrederis runs slow so we can pick him up in the 3rd. I hope Odell Beckham Jr runs fast so Rex will be convince to draft him at #18. We interviewed OBJ this week apparently so that's a start.

OBJ would be a good pickup for Jets, good compliment to Kerley and Hill, could end up going from 0 #1 WRs on the team to 3. Does Geno have a big enough arm to make use of them though?

I wasn't expecting that time from Derek Carr and in his ten yard split he was equally as quick as Manziel. It ultimately means nothing, but it's just interesting.

Abbrederis had a cracking run as well at 4.44.

Wow thats really good, he could shoot up draft boards after that time! I'm the same, who knew Carr could move like that! I takeit Bridgewater hasnt run yet? I think hes going to be a fair bit slower than people expect him to be, I know hes athletic and all that but not being a regular runner might mean struggling for that bit of burst.

Wow thats really good, he could shoot up draft boards after that time! I'm the same, who knew Carr could move like that! I takeit Bridgewater hasnt run yet? I think hes going to be a fair bit slower than people expect him to be, I know hes athletic and all that but not being a regular runner might mean struggling for that bit of burst.

Teddy ain't running or throwing at the combine

Archived