NFL Draft 2014 Thread

Sloop John B

This is looking like one of the better drafts in recent years with Quite a few QBs on the board as well as great players in multiple positions. The first pick seems to be a consensus on Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater but where he ends up is still a mystery in the NFL's race to the bottom. Currently the Houston Texans have the pick with the Jaguars, the Falcons,the Vikings and the Buccaneers is the current order for the top five

Marcus Mariota from Oregon is highly touted but there is doubts he'll declare, while there is also defensive juggernaut Jadaveon Clowney is touted for top five pick as well as top College Players such as Johnny Manziell, Derek Carr, AJ McCarron and Tajh Boyd

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As someone who loosely keeps an eye out for Boston College Im interested in RB Andre Williams. Will he get drafted? 50% of Boston's offence this season with over 2000 yards.

Saw highlights of him running for 263 against army but then the only full game I saw he was held to only 70 against a Clemson tigers team who were actually piss poor in.that game.

North Carolina TE Eric Ebron has declared for the draft foregoing his senior year. Possibly slated for a first round pick.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/11/25/5143878/eric-ebron-nfl-draft-2014-north-carolina-football

Love this guy. My second favourite player in this years draft (so far) behind Mike Evans. He reminds me a lot of Vernon Davis, although a bit slower (who isn't?).

I'm mainly looking forward to seeing where Lee gets drafted after this year. For me he is an absolute animal and I hope that he falls late in the 1st.

He's back in practice this week and likely playing at the weekend so hopefully he can get back up to some form before the end of the season. He can truly score from anywhere on the field.

The top 3 WR's are Mike Evans, Sammy Watkins and Marqise Lee for me at the moment. I think the Jets are crying out for a Mike Evans type player so he's leading my early rankings. Evans is a reliable hands catcher that catches anything you throw near him. He'll go up and win contested catches and has enough speed to stretch the field. A large portion of his yards come when Manziel escapes the pocket and extends the play so I'm eager to see him in a real offense under a real QB.

he looks like one mean guy.

Do you reckon someone will take a chance on Aaron Murray despite the torn ACL

I can definitely see a lot of teams after him as a backup or what the heck pick in the later rounds.

Love this guy. My second favourite player in this years draft (so far) behind Mike Evans. He reminds me a lot of Vernon Davis, although a bit slower (who isn't?).

He's back in practice this week and likely playing at the weekend so hopefully he can get back up to some form before the end of the season. He can truly score from anywhere on the field.

The top 3 WR's are Mike Evans, Sammy Watkins and Marqise Lee for me at the moment. I think the Jets are crying out for a Mike Evans type player so he's leading my early rankings. Evans is a reliable hands catcher that catches anything you throw near him. He'll go up and win contested catches and has enough speed to stretch the field. A large portion of his yards come when Manziel escapes the pocket and extends the play so I'm eager to see him in a real offense under a real QB.

I still believe Lee to be the best wide out in college ball. As you said Evans gets soft coverage at times due to multiple players spotting the run every play there. Watkins is an animal too though and he seems to be over any concerns just now so I can't see him slipping. Is it just me but are a lot of defensive ends apart from Clowney getting under valued this year?

I still believe Lee to be the best wide out in college ball. As you said Evans gets soft coverage at times due to multiple players spotting the run every play there. Watkins is an animal too though and he seems to be over any concerns just now so I can't see him slipping. Is it just me but are a lot of defensive ends apart from Clowney getting under valued this year?

It's all a bit of a mess right now but we'll see the cream rise to the top after the Super Bowl. Last year, Cordarelle Patterson was nowhere to be seen on big boards, then all of a sudden he was everyone's top WR.

I think Stanford's Trent Murphy is a player I like. He'll probably play OLB but can also play with his hand in the dirt. He doesn't only do a terrific job of getting to the QB, but can also set the edge to stop the run. It seems like he can disengage from blocks in the run game whenever he feels like it. He has fantastic awareness to be conservative/aggressive when need be and reads the play well.

So how many QBs are going in top 10?

Teams that need (in my opinion)

Jaguars

Texans

Browns

Jets

Not too sure about the Vikings as they currently have 3 veterans on the roster. Buccs and Raiders could also want a QB early

Archived