East/West Combined Super League

HTG

Probably best to just crack on with the integrated structure, pop the Ayrshire boys into their District league so they can play local games and if they change their minds they can work their way back up to the top flight. Job done.

Best players would STILL want to play in Ayrshire.

Ayrshire clubs would have decent crowds,not much travelling while the East and Central play in a shambolic set up devoid of some of the nations best clubs.

Never happen without the Ayrshire clubs...no money to make. :)

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ayrshire clubs would have decent crowds,not much travelling while the East and Central play in a shambolic set up devoid of some of the nations best clubs.

Your usually one of the best posters on here clash but on this you have well and truly lost it either that your at it.

I think they'll take the risk and run with it. If a bunch of teams from one area don't want to be involved they can play at their own level and everyone else will get on with the integrated structure - potentially backed by the sfa and with decent sponsorship and Scottish Cup access.

Your usually one of the best posters on here clash but on this you have well and truly lost it either that your at it.

Haha

Folk get real serious on here sometimes...have to realise that it's Johnston that proposed this East/West thing...can't get a sponsor for the Scottish,his sidekick Robertson can't arrange a fixture list yet folk are willing to trust these clowns to run something as complicated as this haha.Junior clubs still pay a reinstatement fee to help pay for their liquid lunches ffs...never learn,never learn.

Increased sponsorship keeps getting trotted out here as if this new league will get massive sponsorship.

People need to get real, sponsorship in the Juniors is shite and brings in pennies to the club, this new league will not change this.

The west region league has a sponsor. I don't remember the exact figures but these are not far off:

Superleague winners got about 5k

Runner up got 3k

Everybody else in the league got hee-haw.

Is this pie in the sky league going to bring in much more money. If it does it will not be a significant more so give the sponsorship pish a bye

Increased sponsorship keeps getting trotted out here as if this new league will get massive sponsorship.

People need to get real, sponsorship in the Juniors is shite and brings in pennies to the club, this new league will not change this.

The west region league has a sponsor. I don't remember the exact figures but these are not far off:

Superleague winners got about 5k

Runner up got 3k

Everybody else in the league got hee-haw.

Is this pie in the sky league going to bring in much more money. If it does it will not be a significant more so give the sponsorship pish a bye

You're miles out with those figures, we got £750 in the two seasons we were runners up.

The clowns can't get sponsorship for their showpiece trophy bar a token sponsorship for the final & can't organise a fixture list for their leagues between them & you want these imbeciles to run a national league where clubs will incur more costs for travelling & less fans through the gates because of bigger distances involved & you think it's the way forward???

The loonies have well & truly taken over the asylum if you think this idea will be anything but a burden in the clubs involved .

If my club votes for it & we are involved I will definitely pick & choose what away fixtures I would go to as Kelty away on a midweek in May would Definately not appeal to me in the slightest

LADESIDE

I think they will run with it and go with those who want to be part of it. It wouldn't be my choice but I understand why they might want to run with it. If they don't then no club that aspires to club licencing will ever get one within the Junior structure. The risk is the start of a schism. Ayrshire can sit in its own midden if it likes but that doesn't mean everyone else will. Enjoy yersels!

I think they will run with it and go with those who want to be part of it. It wouldn't be my choice but I understand why they might want to run with it. If they don't then no club that aspires to club licencing will ever get one within the Junior structure. The risk is the start of a schism. Ayrshire can sit in its own midden if it likes but that doesn't mean everyone else will. Enjoy yersels!

Tbh a think it will be the clubs that choose to go that will be in the minority & the vast majority of West clubs will want to stay with the Ayrshire clubs & as the North clubs ain't invited we wilm still be able to have a Scottish cup so look at the pros & cons before you jump & would you trust someone like Mr Johnstone to run this?

Me personally I wouldn't trust him to run a bath

LADESIDE

If it happens and Ayrshire goes it alone ,we will still be strong , we were strong afore the west super league and we will be strong after the super duper league ,,,, top players will always come to Ayrshire ,

Enjoy your midweek treks, suppose you will at least get more points on your tesco club card with all the petrol you will buy.

This is a shambolic proposal from a man that's trying to justify his hearty wage , yet he can't secure sponsorship for the top junior cup ,

Time to move on and leave those who don't want to embrace change and the pyramid behind.

I no longer wish to stand in grounds that are a midden and a health and safety hazard. I want to enjoy my football in surroundings that are conducive to making it a decent match day experience for a fan. I want my club licensed and to be a community club becoming the heart of the area.

I want the opportunity to see my club reach their full potential whether that be tier 3, 4, 5 or 6. The juniors yet again showed what they can do against LL and senior teams this season. Why can't we be a part of that every season and see where the journey takes us. Be a part of the pyramid, like every other nation does.

There are 42 senior league clubs, plus the LL & HL EOS etc and the juniors. That is too much to sustain in today's society where those parting with their cash have so many more options than during the halcyon days of junior football.

Let all clubs find their level, and if that means some team end up amateur then so be it.

If the status quo continues then where is the incentive for clubs to improve facilities and become licensed. There will be none and we will be left far behind.

? Team joins super duppa league where does cash come from to upgrade there ground ?????

Tbh a think it will be the clubs that choose to go that will be in the minority & the vast majority of West clubs will want to stay with the Ayrshire clubs & as the North clubs ain't invited we wilm still be able to have a Scottish cup so look at the pros & cons before you jump & would you trust someone like Mr Johnstone to run this?

Me personally I wouldn't trust him to run a bath

LADESIDE

Like I said, that would be your choice but I think there will be plenty enough who will buy into it because the alternative is that the gates open and the grade just starts to diminish. If clubs want to play locally then they can crack on but the incentives such as they are well be for those further up the tree.

I think there is support for this outside Ayrshire and there will be enough to make it happen. Shame if Talbot and Meadow aren't there but not the end of the world.

All that said, I'd just join the Lowland League. :)

? Team joins super duppa league where does cash come from to upgrade there ground ?????

Ask Selkirk.Or Gala. They're all managing to find the cash. Why do you think Junior clubs can't find the cash?

Was wondering this myself?

Clubs get the square sum of Hee haw at the moment so where is this pot of gold to get our grounds up to your standard going to come from?

If you can show me a set amount my club would get to help upgrade our pitch then I might be swayed to changing my opinion but if you expect Tam & his cronies to chuck cash at you coz you've joined the super duper league then be prepared for a rude awakening

He is just on an ego trip & anyone that can't see that is akin of that to someone who can't see the woods for the trees

LADESIDE

Ask Selkirk.Or Gala. They're all managing to find the cash. Why do you think Junior clubs can't find the cash?

I'm just a simple junior fan m8 you tell me where they get cash,,,

At a guess it would be through grants , which take time ,

Not all junior grounds are middens , some just need a wee touch up.

Can understand some folk thinking it's good idea for their club , but not for me

Like I said, that would be your choice but I think there will be plenty enough who will buy into it because the alternative is that the gates open and the grade just starts to diminish. If clubs want to play locally then they can crack on but the incentives such as they are well be for those further up the tree.

I think there is support for this outside Ayrshire and there will be enough to make it happen. Shame if Talbot and Meadow aren't there but not the end of the world.

All that said, I'd just join the Lowland League. :)

Aye,Ayrshire clubs could opt out of the superduper but join the lowland.Personally IF ma club has to go anywhere,it's the lowland for me...that is where any club that wants to progress should go NOT the superduper.

0Would Linlithgow, Bo'ness, Bonnyrigg Rose, Newtongrange etc Star bring a lot to a league with top 6/8 teams in West? Of course they would and would all bring very decent supports, more than some in current West Super Premier League. Midweek games, costs of buses every 2nd week and late cancellations are the main stumbling blocks in my opinion.

As a Meadow fan I would look forward to two games v Bo'ness and Linlithgow than go back to Ayrshire League playing Ardeer, Maybole, Lugar more often, no disrespect and good grounds to visit. Don't see appeal that Kilbirnie and Talbot fans seem to have about playing lesser teams from nearby. Maybe them more likely to win, back home for 4.30pm each week and no relegation fears for Kilbirnie?

I think a 14 or 16 team West Super League with an earlier start to the season would improve West Region and personally not 100% for merger but can see why looking at it and you don't want to be left out.

Would Linlithgow, Bo'ness, Bonnyrigg Rose, Newtongrange etc Star bring a lot to a league with top 6/8 teams in West? Of course they would and would all bring very decent supports, more than some in current West Super Premier League. Midweek games, costs of buses every 2nd week and late cancellations are the main stumbling blocks in my opinion.

As a Meadow fan I would look forward to two games v Bo'ness and Linlithgow than go back to Ayrshire League playing Ardeer, Maybole, Lugar more often, no disrespect and good grounds to visit. Don't see appeal that Kilbirnie and Talbot fans seem to have about playing lesser teams from nearby. Maybe them more likely to win, back home for 4.30pm each week and no relegation fears for Kilbirnie?

I think a 14 or 16 team West Super League with an earlier start to the season would improve West Region and personally not for merger but can see why looking at it.

You say that as if your team has never played in the district...don't be so snobbish :)...typical Medda haha

Time to move on and leave those who don't want to embrace change and the pyramid behind.

I no longer wish to stand in grounds that are a midden and a health and safety hazard. I want to enjoy my football in surroundings that are conducive to making it a decent match day experience for a fan. I want my club licensed and to be a community club becoming the heart of the area.

I want the opportunity to see my club reach their full potential whether that be tier 3, 4, 5 or 6. The juniors yet again showed what they can do against LL and senior teams this season. Why can't we be a part of that every season and see where the journey takes us. Be a part of the pyramid, like every other nation does.

There are 42 senior league clubs, plus the LL & HL EOS etc and the juniors. That is too much to sustain in today's society where those parting with their cash have so many more options than during the halcyon days of junior football.

Let all clubs find their level, and if that means some team end up amateur then so be it.

If the status quo continues then where is the incentive for clubs to improve facilities and become licensed. There will be none and we will be left far behind.

What facilities,in your opinion HTG would make it a decent match day experience? (I hate that term - but I know what you mean)

Obviously basic toilet facilities, what else?

Archived