East/West Combined Super League

HTG

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There wasn't a vote, Clubs were asked for their views, only 2 from the West, Clydebank and Rob Roy, were in favour.

Dead in the water then, Maybe TJ can now forget this nonsense and do his job and find a Junior Cup sponsor.

that requirement was added AFTER our application........

That didn't stop the sfa trying to foist the condition on us. And it was made clear that we didn't have indefinite exemption. But nor was a definitive period of time applied to us.

Ourselves and Rob Roy were supportive but that's not the whole picture - others also spoke in favour and there were clubs who didnt venture an opinion but who are still open minded on it or supportive. We are broadly in favour of any move that increases the level of competition ... whether we are in a position to take part at the time its instigated or not. I understand the reservations of other teams ... and there seemed to be a general movement / agreement that we cant stand still whether this merger comes about or not. You have to say that the Ayrshire teams are some of the biggest and most successful in our grade so can't be dismissed out of hand.

Btw jibes about having our own park are irrelevant. We have a park to play at as do Ladeside ... neither of us own the park we play at ... we're working hard to improve our situation.

Btw jibes about having our own park are irrelevant. We have a park to play at as do Ladeside ... neither of us own the park we play at ... we're working hard to improve our situation.

The difference being that Ladeside have first shout on their park. Clydebank don't. Kilbirnie don't groundshare. Clydebank does.

If Clydebank joined this sooper dooper setup would they be given first shout over Yoker? Who would now be playing under a different administration BTW.

Ourselves and Rob Roy were supportive but that's not the whole picture - others also spoke in favour and there were clubs who didnt venture an opinion but who are still open minded on it or supportive. We are broadly in favour of any move that increases the level of competition ... whether we are in a position to take part at the time its instigated or not. I understand the reservations of other teams ... and there seemed to be a general movement / agreement that we cant stand still whether this merger comes about or not. You have to say that the Ayrshire teams are some of the biggest and most successful in our grade so can't be dismissed out of hand.

Others? Name them.

Sgt ... we have an arrangement in place that satisfies the requirements of the SJFA ... In the event that the merger were to come about then if we were in a position to take part ( not looking likely at the moment ) then a suitable arrangement would also have to be made. When we played at Glenhead there were two compeltely different organisations handing out fixtures ( Amateur and West Region ) and that worked out not too bad.

Others? Name them.

No ... but your Rep was there and will be able to tell you. I'd hazard a guess also that if it does come about then others will want to be aligned with it. As I said though - I do recognise the reservations and they can't just be dismissed and to be fair I dont think they were

Sgt ... we have an arrangement in place that satisfies the requirements of the SJFA ... In the event that the merger were to come about then if we were in a position to take part ( not looking likely at the moment ) then a suitable arrangement would also have to be made. When we played at Glenhead there were two compeltely different organisations handing out fixtures ( Amateur and West Region ) and that worked out not too bad.

No it didnae. There were problems with that arrangement especially over who had priority in relevant Scottish ties.

Brilliant post!

No ... but your Rep was there and will be able to tell you. I'd hazard a guess also that if it does come about then others will want to be aligned with it. As I said though - I do recognise the reservations and they can't just be dismissed and to be fair I dont think they were

Don't think my rep got a golden ticket tae the jamboree.

Ha RRG agreeing with Bankies fan...you at it ?.Will that new park of yours be ready for the superduper k.o. ?

Yes well maybe well hopefully!!

Super duper stadium for a super duper league haha!

I understand the reservations of other teams ... and there seemed to be a general movement / agreement that we cant stand still whether this merger comes about or not.

Change for changes sake? what exactly is wrong with the current set-up? I would have thought a more sensible idea would be for the West to move towards bigger leagues as in the East, and deal with the KO time problem.

Otherwise, the only meaningful change would be to engage seriously with the SFA over the Pyramid/LL.

Archived