How long would you give Allan Johnston ?

That's one of the most shocking defensive performances I've ever seen from an SPL team yesterday. I think AJ is in an impossible situation. The off-field turmoil has got to be affecting the players on the park. If they finish 11th I can't see them beating Dundee/Hamilton in a play off.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much of the blame should AJ get? He was a great passing midfielder, who loved to keep the ball down as a player. While when Clark was with us last time it was boot the ball to the striker, like nowadays. I think Clark should be hunted and someone like Hookie or even some like Shiels should be brought in as the assistant.(not saying that Shiels should be brought in, but someone who is more helpful and up to date with modern tactics). This could allow for AJ to allow us to pass the ball, which we were good at last season and won us points as well. AJ does deserve to get some blame, but I still think Clark has had a big say on how the team plays and why we are doing so badly.

Allan Johnston is the manager and he was the one who chose to have Sandy Clark as his assistant, so I'd say that all of the blame lies with him. It would be an insult for Shiels to be asked to be an assistant to a substantially inferior manager.

I would give him the chance to earn the same 19 points in 19 games that his predecessor earned at the end of last season. The 19 points in 19 games that he claimed were not good enough for a club like Killie.

We currently have 9 from 14, clock is ticking.

If he fails to meet said target he should go.

Might I add that last season the 19 points were gained using mostly our own youth players and not other teams.

Not true. It was a) being openly discussed in Kilmarnock and b) on Kickback already I had been led to believe.

I don't live in Kilmarnock, so I don't know if part a) was true. There might have been some posts on the Killie forum, but there is a hell of a lot of nonsense on there. I don't think anyone credible had suggested that was the case.

You started the thread on here, adding in detail about it being a heart condition and also about him taking a sabbatical for a year.

Johnston had one of the easiest gigs in Scotland last season, managing a full-time team in a league of part-timers. How he landed the Killie job after that I have no idea.

To me it seemed like Shiels just about had the ship steady for a long-term project when he got the boot. Michael Johnston really shot his team in the foot by getting rid of him.

Johnston had one of the easiest gigs in Scotland last season, managing a full-time team in a league of part-timers. How he landed the Killie job after that I have no idea.

To me it seemed like Shiels just about had the ship steady for a long-term project when he got the boot. Michael Johnston really shot his team in the foot by getting rid of him.

I dont know if you know any killie fans or anybody from down our way but just in case you dont i will inform you . Mj is a wankstain !!

That, my friend, is because Michael Johnston is a catastrophic c**t.

I wanted him to succeed but it just hasn't worked. If we lose on Friday he needs to go. A lot of his signings are only contracted till January, so it if a replacement is found quickly it gives them time to assess the squad & decide if any of these short term signings need kept on & if not they can bring in their own signings to hopefully bolster the younger players.

It was never going to be easy coming into Killie at this time considering the absolute clusterf*ck we find ourselves in thanks to Tragic, but he has not helped his cause with the "19 points from 19 games" statement, shoddy signings, hoofball tactics and bringing Sandy Clark to the club.

I would love him to turn it round and prove me wrong but as the season continues and the defeats mount up I just sadly can't see it happening.

^^^ What that guy said above me. The signings have generally been shite, the performances have apparently been atrocious, and we aren't playing young prospects who have came through our system, instead wasting jerseys on substandard players who belong to other Scottish teams. He also talks more pish in the media than even Shiels did (every week we seem to have been unlucky, played well, etc). He should do the decent thing and walk away, taking Clark with him.

Likewise, I wanted AJ to do well but unfortunately it isn't working out. I will always support the manager but it's the team that's more important to me.

I genuinely believe that the players we have are just not good enough and when you add that to a struggling manager and complete fkn turmoil off the park, then we are where we deserve to be. Having won the cup 18 months ago, we have a complete turnaround from that winning team. Not a single player left playing!

I've followed Killie for over 40 years and have never felt like this about the club. Its being destroyed by all parties, with bitter words and actions. This current manager has little chance of riding this out, so for his benefit it's probably time to go. He will never turn this around as long as we have the current regime in place and a section of fans who are an embarrassment to the club.

I'm off to kick the cat!

^^^ What that guy said above me. The signings have generally been shite, the performances have apparently been atrocious, and we aren't playing young prospects who have came through our system, instead wasting jerseys on substandard players who belong to other Scottish teams. He also talks more pish in the media than even Shiels did (every week we seem to have been unlucky, played well, etc). He should do the decent thing and walk away, taking Clark with him.

Agreed that the signings have been poor, but maybe we are believing that the youths coming through are ready for 1st team football. I personally don't think they are ready but I'm not gonna slag them off, it's just that they are not ready.

We are also guilty of short term deals for players so it leads to them leaving together in clutches, hence recruiting short termers in numbers too. I don't think the likes of Gardyne can be classed as a substandard player wasting a jersey. There is absolutely no cohesion in the team and again in January we will be doing the same again, scrapping for our survival!

It seemed like madness to get rid of Shiels in the first place, but when he (and Mixu before him) had invested so much time and effort in developing a style of play at Killie that the players were comfortable with, was reasonably successful and was actually good to watch, it's even more bewildering that no attempt was made to get someone in who would continue that work

Archived