WWE Network

Quentin Taranbino

10 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

First part of the Taker series is up and it’s outstanding.

It's brilliant. As good as you'd hope it would be. Next week should be just as good going by the preview at the end.

Yup, Last Ride is excellent. Absolutely top stuff.

I think it was obvious after Mania 30 that he wasn't the same, and not just his age and injuries. I think you could see at times that he seemed a little unsure of himself going in to Mania 31. Sad to see him limping around and getting those mad injections too. You could almost feel his physical struggles at time.

The Reigns match was sad to watch at the time and seeing that botched tombstone spot again was just as sad. If he was intending to go out before this match then no wonder he changed his mind. To have that as his last match would be totally unacceptable to him going by even just this first episode.

The 'wrestling isn't real' idiots should be directly to this, as it shows how very real it is.

Nice to see that WWE weren't petty enough to stop folk like Jericho and JR appearing, although that could have been a Taker call. Still find it a bit mad how much deference he shows to Vince McMahon, although I think he explains that pretty well.

How grim does that hip surgery on next week's episode look though?! 

Really looking forward to watching that Undertaker doc.  WWE, for all their faults, really manage to put together brilliant documentaries about stuff you woulnd't usually think was that interesting.  This one starts out very interesting before it's even started.

3 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I look forward to the 50 Whatculture and Cultaholic videos revealing the secret meaning behind the Vince's Office sign at the Royal Rumble.

Ha! I've seen a couple of those article types and they really despise their readers and think they're barely literate cretins.

One of the ones I saw was some shit about hidden meanings behind ring attire. There were absolutely no hidden meanings at all. One of them was someone (Mysterio maybe) dressed as The Joker and the hidden meaning, according to the article, was that he was dress as The Joker.

20 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Speaking of Taker, his political donations leave a sour taste. Big Trump fan.

EROrOeDWAAA8G4I?format=jpg&name=medium

He's prime Trump material. A god believing Texan who wears a hat with 'Don't Tread On Me' on it

Just now, DA Baracus said:

When did John Cena decide to have Vince McMahon's hair from the attitude era?

Vince McMahon's hair is like a power status. Never been the same since Trump shaved it.

Idk if it's the cultural disconnect between here and the US or that the documentary makers are just that good but I find it easier to see the humanity in a Trump supporting lunatic like Taker than any comparable documentary made here about a member of the Conservative Party. The WWE 24s, Chronicles and the Last Ride docs are consistently great.

6 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Idk if it's the cultural disconnect between here and the US or that the documentary makers are just that good but I find it easier to see the humanity in a Trump supporting lunatic like Taker than any comparable documentary made here about a member of the Conservative Party. The WWE 24s, Chronicles and the Last Ride docs are consistently great.

Aye I’d agree with this. They are really, really good at them. I know non wrestling fans would scoff at the subject matters, but the consistency they show with them seriously deserves more recognition than it currently gets. Blows their core TV product out the water.

4 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Unsurprisingly, Vince comes out of the Owen doc looking like a utter piece of shit. It's incredible that anyone from the Hart family did business again with him.

His widow and his son are both very impressive people.

Just remembered I said this just two days ago...

On 18/05/2020 at 12:56, Mark Connolly said:

Vince almost, and I stress almost, seemed like a human being in that episode.

You're only as nice as your last documentary, or something like that...