WWE Network

Quentin Taranbino

So apparently this will be launching in Feb/March next year in the run up to the Wrestlemania. The word is that subscribers will get Mania 30 in HD for free if they sign up and then its $10 a month. Nothing official yet though from what I can see.

With the UK fan base, I can't imagine it being very long before it is also available over here - it could either be bought by Sky and incorporated much like the F1 channel for free or a paid channel over here as well like ESPN is/was.

Would you pay it if it was the same price over here - $10 (about £6 per month) ?

I think the idea is that in includes all PPV's for free (apart from big 4) and the rest of the time is just wrestling 24/7, old episodes of Raw/SD, plus whole back catalogues of vintage stuff from everything that WWE own. Meant to be exclusive content as well

I'd definitely be interested in this if they had Raw and Smackdown on demand - I don't have Sky so I'm only able to follow through watching highlights on the app on the Tuesday/Saturday morning! It does make sense with the amount of content they have nowadays. Would be nice to see all the documentaries etc up on it too.

• 1 month later...

I'm definitely interested but I'm wondering how it'll work in the UK with Sky having the rights and stuff.

If it has streams of PPVs, Raw and Smackdown (though I guess they won't have them since they're on tv deals) as well as the on-demand content (there's so much of the 90s I should be (re)watching) and is priced reasonably then I'd be in. Even PPVs on their own would be good since I hate having to find a shitty stream and rarely watch Raw live and never watch Smackdown "live".

I wonder how they'll price it, Netflix is £6 a month but with PPVs being £15 a month (with maybe 4 being free) then you'd think it'd maybe be higher. I'm sure I've heard stuff about them charging ridiculous amounts in America for the PPVs though.

So details will be unveiled officially tomorrow but word is that it will be:

An online service (like netflix) except the content will just be all wrestling

Every episode of raw/sd ever along with every ppv will be on there

Tons of their other content

Live streaming of ppv

Every old Raw, Smackdown and ppv? I don't watch wrestling anymore but would be very interested for that!

Doubt we'll get it over here tbh

If it's online then there's "ways" in which you'd be able to still view it despite being here. The only problem would be paying it, not sure if they'd stop you from paying with a UK card. (but if they used Paypal you might be able to do it)

They'd be crazy not to have it outside the US though.

The same ''ways'' in which we can get US Netflix no hassle then its more than possible. I eagerly await the announcement.

That only works because of how Netflix run their system. You pay for the Netflix account in your own country and whatnot but when you connect, you connect to whatever Netflix library it thinks you're in. So if you set your IP to an American one then it'll think you're in America. Just the same is if you were on holiday in America and had your laptop, you could watch Netflix there and you'd get the same result.

But if it's a US only service then we might encounter problems when paying for it, I'm not sure.

All 12 PPVs as well! Especially for the yanks, that is great as at least we get a few free a year.

Yeah as Forehead says though, madness they haven't gone worldwide with it.

How many PPVs do we get free now? About 3 or 4 maybe? So if you paid for them all, then say £15x7 plus £20 for Wrestlemania so you're talking around £125 a year just for the PPVs. If the price of $9.99 translates directly to us then you're talking about £6 a month, so less than £80 a year. Then you have all the extra content then it'll definitely be worth it for us. Would seem a bit weird paying a monthly bill for it.

There's a lot of assumption in there, of course.