WWE Network

Quentin Taranbino

22 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Austin and Taker tanking the JD and telling stories for a couple of hours is as good as it sounds. Brilliant interview.

The Paul Bearer and Brothers of Destruction documentaries from this week have been top notch as well.

It really is. 

Really interesting to hear Taker’s thoughts on how the streak was ended too. 

The Teddy Long story was amusing on it own, but was made all the better seeing Austin and Taker so far removed from kayfabe properly having a giggle about it. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Can't fucking stand Nash. Complete arsehole

I like Nash. Seen various interviews and his brutal honesty is a great quality. There are lots of interviews with wrestlers or ex wrestlers where you can tell most of them are trying to come across as straight-up honest guys with all the integrity. Their patter is almost kayfabe in itself though.

Nash on the other hand just tells it like it is and doesn’t give a f**k what folk think. 

Q - Why would you do the job for so-and-so?

A - He sucks and he’s an asshole.

Q - Why didn’t you stay with WWF?

A - Because WCW offered me a f**k-ton more money.

• 5 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

That seems like very good value for money. Although it seems like they are keen to go back to a purely PPV model for the monthly shows.

I wonder if BT Sport would be interested in a similar streaming deal over here?

Not sure how it will work over here. Don't see anything changing, as BT don't really have a streaming service that would make sense to extend their deal to takeover the UK network.

Said to be worth more than $1bn over 5 years. So that's far better than what they would be doing from US network subscribers.

Didn't realise there was more on this in here, but as I said in the other thread, seems like a decent enough deal for customers in the US, and for WWE themselves.  However, Peacock made an absolutely aching arse of taking The Office from Netflix, so who knows what'll happen.

30 minutes ago, forameus said:

Didn't realise there was more on this in here, but as I said in the other thread, seems like a decent enough deal for customers in the US, and for WWE themselves.  However, Peacock made an absolutely aching arse of taking The Office from Netflix, so who knows what'll happen.

I would say Peacock has fudged things a little with their payment structure to make it confusing. Free that presumably has ads, small pay monthly with ads, premium with no ads. 

Probably smarter long term though as it helps develop corporate sponsors that aid in financially supporting it. It's not going to roll out internationally in the same way netflix & disney+ have. At least not anytime soon. So cant hope for an ever expanding international subscriber base in the same way. 

Seems like a good deal for them as they pick a million subscribers, as i dont imagine there's much existing overlap. Certainly a better deal than HBOXMAX dumping their box office movies on it this year. 

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He was in Dundee wrestling in a local show a few month before he died when I was a kid. I hate to think now how depressing that fall from grace would have been for him.

He was in Greenock on that tour too. Fatu was on the show too.