WWE Network

Quentin Taranbino

Mark Henry went from being a guilty pleasure to just being a pleasure from ECW title run onwards. He became a very capable big man and they actually got his booking right for a change.

He was never in MOTYC or anything, but he was rarely in shit matches either around that time.

8 hours ago, FifeArab said:

Got a fair few things to watch on the network now:

New WM24
Mark Henry Doc
WWE Confidential’s

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Confidential's what?

8 hours ago, FifeArab said:

6 hours ago, Christophe said:

Oh dear

2 hours ago, FifeArab said:

Is It that bad?

5c6c781aa713a_Screenshot2019-02-19at21_41_30.png.585ea0a1d0486badf550f5903345bec2.png

• 1 month later...

Watching WrestleMania XIX, a PPV I've not seen in quite some time. 

Show starts off with Rey Mysterio & Matt Hardy for the Cruiserweight title. Back when the weight limit was higher. 220 Live doesn't quite have the same ring to it. Anyway, serviceable stuff, a not bad sprint match. 2.5/5

Swiftly moving on to something I'd rather not talk about but I better quickly address it. Undertaker vs Big Show & A-Train in a handicap match thanks to Nathan Jones getting laid out in the showers on Sunday Night Heat beforehand. From Limp Bizkit, all the way through to the finish of the match was absolutely terrible. Right up there with one of the worst things I've sat through. 0.5/5

Women's triple threat next with Victoria looking to defend against Trish & Jazz. A little botchy but when they got it right some of the stuff looked great. Stevie Richards really didn't need to be involved, it didn't help the match in any way, all he did was make himself look like a tit. Trish with the win in a fine showing. 2.5/5

Big showcase match for the SmackDown tag teams next as Team Angle retain over Los Guerreros & the team of Rhyno and Chris Benoit. Eddie & Chavo clearly the stars of this match, just wish they maybe had another 5 mins to try and take it to the next level. But given there were still several huge matches left to come that was never going to happen. 3/5

Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho we all know later goes on to become a legendary rivalry. But for now we have Y2J looking to put an end to his washed up idol. Y2J dominated early proceedings with a lot of focus on HBK's back having only returned from initial retirement fairly recently. Once HBK finally got into the match this was really really impressive. Crowd loved it and the low blow after the match was the icing on the cake. 4.5/5

Pillow fight was a harmless bit of fun for a couple of minutes to let the crowd calm down after the previous hot match. Playboy cover girl Torrie Wilson was/is outrageously dreamy, what a woman.

Booker T's big opportunity to try and take Triple H's World Heavyweight Championship was a bit flat. Some decent action but the crowd seemed indifferent. Think they were resigned to the fact Booker was never going to win. Jerry's commentary is crazy to look back on today, amazing what they could get away with back then. 3/5

The Hulk Hogan vs Mr McMahon street fight was a rough watch. I wish it was in a "so bad that it's good" kinda way but it really wasn't. McMahon's facial expressions and the leg drop off the ladder through the announce table are the only reason this is even worth a rating. Long and miserable match, unless you're a big Hogan fan in which case you'll likely love it. 1.5/5

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs The Rock in Austin's final match is the penultimate bout of the night. The Rock was great at putting down a broken Steve Austin once and for all. Like the tough SOB he is, Austin took one hell of a beating in this one. 4/5

Main event time! Brock Lesnar vs Kurt Angle. Michael Cole appeared to be losing his voice by this point :lol:. Superb match, those guys had great chemistry. Winced at the shooting star press. Real shame the way that came off but didn't take anything away from the match whatsoever. The effortless way in which Kurt Angle goes through his transitions and reversals is spectacular to watch. 4.5/5

This is one of the best Mania shows imo and absolutely deserves a watch before Sunday.

I still enjoy watching McMahon/Hogan tbh. Other than that, I'd agree with the rest of what you've posted there.

EDIT: I need to finish watching Mania 23, and then onto 24. No chance getting through everything before Sunday but I'm enjoying this so I'm going to just keep going anyways.

Edited by Principal Flutie

12 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

The Hulk Hogan vs Mr McMahon street fight was a rough watch. I wish it was in a "so bad that it's good" kinda way but it really wasn't. McMahon's facial expressions and the leg drop off the ladder through the announce table are the only reason this is even worth a rating. Long and miserable match, unless you're a big Hogan fan in which case you'll likely love it. 1.5/5

Classic visual

tddpuL.gif

WrestleMania 31!!!

Kickoff show starting off right with the tag team titles match. This was utter carnage that was crazy to try and keep up with. It was a damn shame Jey Uso got injured pretty much immediately. Cesaro & Tyson Kidd retain over New Day, Usos & Los Matadores and I've no idea if the legal men were correct at the end. Xavier, Naomi, Natalya & El Torito all involved in the action as well, great stuff. 3.25/5

Andre the Giant memorial battle royal next. It's difficult for these matches to actually be any good as there's little to no actual wrestling. This had its moments though. AxelMania, Bo Dallas doing his victory lap and Mizdow finally turning on The Miz. Big Show wins, as he should as he's a giant in his own right and made it down to the final 2 the previous year. 2.5/5

YestleMania still going strong as Daniel Bryan wins the IC title ladder match. Great match and I hate seeing the powerbomb through the ladder bump that Dean Ambrose takes.  Stardust's customer ladder was great, as was the Ziggler transition from sleeper hold to zig zag off the ladder. Bullhammers left, right and centre as well. 4/5

Very weird now hearing Seth's theme song without the BURN IT DOWN. Anyway Randy Orton vs Seth Rollins is very good fun and credit to J&J Security for their involvement in this match. Many RKO's were dished out here with one of the best ever RKO's winning the match for Orton. Hopefully he puts in a similar performance against AJ Styles this year. 4/5

CRINGE. How on earth did I manage to erase memory of Triple H's Terminator entrance :lol:, what an absolute farce. Don't get me wrong it was cool finally seeing Sting in a WWE ring but let's not forget he was past it even when he originally joined TNA 12 years prior to this moment. He was very blessed to work with some seriously talented guys on that roster to get him some decent matches. Opening half of this match was fine in all honesty. Just standard wrestling, although that does go against the No DQ stipulation. Then things get really ridiculous and out of hand with the whole DX/NWO shit. Obviously Triple H had to win as WWE>WCW always. 2.5/5

Nice retirement win for AJ Lee and first WrestleMania moment for Paige but the match was sloppy. Which is to be expected when the Bella Twins are involved. Having said that, AJ Lee was not as good as I always thought she was and that makes me sad. 2/5

Rusev looking cool as f**k with his tank is exactly the sort of big time entrance that was needed on this show as everything else had been poor. Rusev representing Russia, put his US title and undefeated streak on the line against big match John. Rusev hits a superb diving headbutt and crowd go into shock as Cena pulls off a springboard stunner out of nowhere. I really like this match and the result gave everyone the rub once John Cena started his open challenges the following night.3.5/5

Couldn't be bothered sitting through the really long Rock & Ronda segment. Good for her getting a foot in the door, amazing how far she's come.

Undertaker vs Bray Wyatt in daylight feels weird. Burst out laughing when he takes his hat off and reveals that embarrassing hair-do. You know what, Undertaker might have been fucked but this was a well put together match and had a few great moments. Having seen what's come since (not the Lesnar stuff), this match feels like a treat. 3/5

The main event is absolute class. Brock Lesnar has perfected the dominate early, underdog comeback format. When you add in the shock factor of Seth successfully cashing in you've got something truly special. This is one of the best Mania matches ever. 4.75/5