WWE Network

Quentin Taranbino

20 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I was worried for a bit earlier in the year that Foley was finally showing some signs of the damage he'd done to himself, but this showed that he's still sharp and is fine. He really should be a broken, slavering mess given the all the mad shit he's done.

Yeah, physically he's fucked, but with all the punishment he's taken,  you'd think his brain would be CTE Soup by now.

37 minutes ago, forameus said:

Yeah, physically he's fucked, but with all the punishment he's taken,  you'd think his brain would be CTE Soup by now.

The chair shots from the 99 Rumble alone should have been enough to f**k him up! The guy has taken some mad punishment.

Off the top of my head (pun not intended) these are some of the head injuries he's sustained;

- Various Nestea plunges on to concrete 

- Vader Bomb on to concrete

- Nearly being choked to death in the ropes in Germany

- Those horrendous death matches in Japan, which included actual fucking explosions

- Chyna slamming the cage on to his head (he notes in his book that a metal strut smashed in the head at full force)

- Both cell bumps in the match vs Taker

- The billion chair shots (at full force) when he was handcuffed at Rumble 99

For those who haven't seen it yet here's Foley's 20 years of hell. (Two parts. First part is a 15 minute bit with him talking about his career that got him to the WWE and 2nd part is almost exclusively about the match)

http://wrestlingpro.org/cgi-binn//DProtect.php?File=k3Fzbkd8bjT9w8rVKYt.html

http://wrestlingpro.org/cgi-binn//DProtect.php?File=k1hqJ0IFXxLSLmrVKW7.html

I still find it hard to believe the bump through the cage wasn't planned. What were they going to do to get back down? Has that ever been explained?

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The chair shots from the 99 Rumble alone should have been enough to f**k him up! The guy has taken some mad punishment.

Off the top of my head (pun not intended) these are some of the head injuries he's sustained;

- Various Nestea plunges on to concrete 

- Vader Bomb on to concrete

- Nearly being choked to death in the ropes in Germany

- Those horrendous death matches in Japan, which included actual fucking explosions

- Chyna slamming the cage on to his head (he notes in his book that a metal strut smashed in the head at full force)

- Both cell bumps in the match vs Taker

- The billion chair shots (at full force) when he was handcuffed at Rumble 99

One of my favourite Foley bumps was in a WCW streetfight with the Nasty Boys - from the ramp to the concrete floor. Brutal.

10 minutes ago, SamuraiJock said:

I still find it hard to believe the bump through the cage wasn't planned. What were they going to do to get back down? Has that ever been explained?

You know what?  That's a great question.  I'd imagine if they had planned that bump through the cage, they just would've said so.  The first one was bad enough, so seems odd they'd hide the second after it happened.  But then what was the plan?  Toss him through the 2nd table?

Foley says in his book that the second one wasn't planned. 

I think the plan was for Taker to come down after the first bump and they'd continue the match in the cell. However they were legitimately stopping the match after the table bump and Foley jumping up from the stretcher wasn't supposed to happen. Because they lifted the cell to get the stretcher to Foley, Taker didn't have the chance to get down, so when Foley got off the Cell he just ran back to the top. 

You can see that they had a few bits planned for inside the cell (like the pins stuff for example), but when Foley got back on top of the cell they were just winging it. No idea how they thought they'd get back down from there!

40 minutes ago, SamuraiJock said:

“People have speculated that I knew the cage was going to break the second time. And the truth is, that’s way too dangerous! To go into the cage from a chokeslam like that is… Yeah, yeah, it was supposed to tear. It was going to tear a little bit. And then, Taker was going to stuff me through the hole. The big visual to me was I was going to be hanging upside down. Like my arms and flailing and this. And the bump itself, ‘alright, I just have to be able to rotate, land on my hands and knees, maybe we’ll risk your wrist, your knee, but nothing real major.’ And I got approval for that."

That was him on Talk is Jericho

On 20/09/2018 at 13:23, AsimButtHitsASix said:

“People have speculated that I knew the cage was going to break the second time. And the truth is, that’s way too dangerous! To go into the cage from a chokeslam like that is… Yeah, yeah, it was supposed to tear. It was going to tear a little bit. And then, Taker was going to stuff me through the hole. The big visual to me was I was going to be hanging upside down. Like my arms and flailing and this. And the bump itself, ‘alright, I just have to be able to rotate, land on my hands and knees, maybe we’ll risk your wrist, your knee, but nothing real major.’ And I got approval for that."

That was him on Talk is Jericho

Taking a chokeslam on top of a bit of the cell that has been rigged to give-way and then being surprised it gives way? They nearly bust through another bit of the cell just by walking on it!

I'd always thought he had to pretend he hadn't planned the 2nd fall as he would be in trouble with the wife for being so stupid to plan a bump like that.

If it truly was an accident, its pretty horrifying to think that they never stopped the match. They don't even let them have a bust open eyebrow and carry on these days.

Watched a few ‘Table for 3’ episodes last week.

Kane, Henry and Show. The Shield. Hardyz and E&C. AJ, Angle and Shane. They were really good. Some of the stories are funny some are Interesting so It’s a good mix.

Added all the Table for 3’s to the watchlist along with: Foley’s HIAC 20, some collections and a few rivalries Including Austin v McMahon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...