Fallout 4

Goran

4 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

See all these fools out wasting their life fucking hot girls when they could be playing cyber Monopoly with virtual friends.   

Do you wear spectacles?  

Only when playing the computer.  I should wear them when driving too but I don't.  Only put them on when its important.

I'm pretty sure there is a Fallout 76 thread but I can't be bothered finding it.

Started to play 76 again last night and today, probably spent the best part of 6 hours overall and I was enjoying it.  They certainly seem like they've added some features so that it forces more PvP or at least brings you in the vicinity of others.  I'm starting to find more interesting things on the map and I had a couple of internal chuckles today at different events that happened.

• 10 months later...
If they include Bethesda physics in the CGI this might be worth watching.. super mutant gets smacked with a club and he is outta there. Vault dweller looks to confused trader and says- that happens, alot.
Confused trader offers caps to be left alone.

Every episode a stand alone storyline.

Start of each show, text appears on screen and the viewers are told - “Another settlement needs your help”

Becomes the longest running show in television history.

• 7 months later...

Got this at the very start of December (only got an Xbox One in October and still had to finish Oblivion on the 360, then had to blast through Halo 5 on the XB1).

Just finished it, and loved it. I've played through 3 and New Vegas a few times before and enjoyed them immensely, but 4 is my favourite of them all. The building stuff, despite often being frustrating, is great, although I can see why others don't like it. Hours of pointless fun building up settlements, although having read through this thread mine are put to shame! Still, lots of tips for my next play through. Always funny seeing Preston or Piper go mental on the pommel horse, or the bar on the weight bench being lifted by a 'ghost'.

Currently on level 87. Spent ages firing around doing side missions, settlement building and the DLCs, as well as just generally exploring. Didn't go to the Glowing Sea for ages and was quite powered up when I did, so it caused few issues. 

Went with the Minutemen, despite Preston's never ending pish. Blew up The Institute but not before stabbing Shaun, the wee dick. Then I decided that the Brotherhood had to go, so I killed Maxson and nabbed his jacket, then executed every motherfucking last one of them on the Prydwen. Maxson's jacket is class when you upgrade it with the ballistic fibre. Anyway, got the Minutemen to shoot down the Prydwen then killed the last 3 stragglers at Boston Airport after the BOS tried their pitiful counter attack.

Had Mama Murphy overdose, the annoying c**t. Chucked her corpse in the river and junked her stupid chair.

Got a jetpack for my top power armour set, which is the one in Nuka World in a display case you need to find the star cores to unlock. Like others I didn't really use power armour a lot. Preferably firing about without it.

Only got some Railroad quests (To The Matresses) to do and that's really it, as can't be fucked doing any radiant quests indefinitely.

Got this at the very start of December (only got an Xbox One in October and still had to finish Oblivion on the 360, then had to blast through Halo 5 on the XB1).
Just finished it, and loved it. I've played through 3 and New Vegas a few times before and enjoyed them immensely, but 4 is my favourite of them all. The building stuff, despite often being frustrating, is great, although I can see why others don't like it. Hours of pointless fun building up settlements, although having read through this thread mine are put to shame! Still, lots of tips for my next play through. Always funny seeing Preston or Piper go mental on the pommel horse, or the bar on the weight bench being lifted by a 'ghost'.
Currently on level 87. Spent ages firing around doing side missions, settlement building and the DLCs, as well as just generally exploring. Didn't go to the Glowing Sea for ages and was quite powered up when I did, so it caused few issues. 
Went with the Minutemen, despite Preston's never ending pish. Blew up The Institute but not before stabbing Shaun, the wee dick. Then I decided that the Brotherhood had to go, so I killed Maxson and nabbed his jacket, then executed every motherfucking last one of them on the Prydwen. Maxson's jacket is class when you upgrade it with the ballistic fibre. Anyway, got the Minutemen to shoot down the Prydwen then killed the last 3 stragglers at Boston Airport after the BOS tried their pitiful counter attack.
Had Mama Murphy overdose, the annoying c**t. Chucked her corpse in the river and junked her stupid chair.
Got a jetpack for my top power armour set, which is the one in Nuka World in a display case you need to find the star cores to unlock. Like others I didn't really use power armour a lot. Preferably firing about without it.
Only got some Railroad quests (To The Matresses) to do and that's really it, as can't be fucked doing any radiant quests indefinitely.
The building stuff is an awful lot easier and varied on the PC thanks to lots of mods.

Did you get the dlc? I got bored with nuka World but Far Harbour is really good. The others are worth looking at if youre enjoying the building side.

ETA - I want to go hack and play this again now. Might have to pause rdr2

51 minutes ago, Mr X said:

The building stuff is an awful lot easier and varied on the PC thanks to lots of mods.

Did you get the dlc? I got bored with nuka World but Far Harbour is really good. The others are worth looking at if youre enjoying the building side.

Aye, the disc I got has all the DLC. Enjoyed them all. The final battle with the Mechanist (or, more accurately, her forces) was mental as I a pretty low level and kept getting my arsed kicked, and Ada kept dying quickly. Finally managed it though (let her live).

Far Harbour was quality. Sided with DiMA even though he's a creepy knob and his memory missions were awful (reminded me of the similar ones with Legion in Mass Effect; taking of which, the guy who voiced Garrus does a lot of voices in FO4). He preferable to the Children of the Atom dicks. Killed their leader and had DiMA's lad replace him to ensure peace with the harbour folk (and their synth leader!). Might go back and wipe out the rest of the Children of Atom though, as they're all a bag of c***s.

There's an awesome shed on Cranberry Island that has loads of supplies and regenerates pretty often.

Liked the Vault with the robots in Far Harbour. I killed the culprit after he tried to flee of course.

Enjoyed Nuka World. I was quite levelled up when I went so the wee 'obstacle course' at the start was easy. Ended up smashing all the raiders ad I thought that meant I could set up a settlement. I was sadly mistaken. Still, massacring all the raiders was satisfying. Finding all the fucking star cores was not (had to look some up), likewise the Cappy symbols. The crocodile/deathclaw hybrids were mental, but me and the daft lad in the loincloth smashed them all.

Turned the power back on. 

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Liked the Vault with the robots in Far Harbour. I killed the culprit after he tried to flee of course.

enjoy the romance option?

every so often i get the urge to play this and Skyrim again. But then think how long it will take to reinstall the game and the mods 

I really, really wanted to enjoy the settlement building in this. I really did, but just could not find the motivation to do it to any serious degree. Reinforce the perimeter, stick some guns at the entry points and that was me. 

Who is the big fucker in the pond that you come across in the middle of one town? I mind just hiding down some stairs and picking him slowly off with whatever ammunition I had at the time 🤣

I really, really wanted to enjoy the settlement building in this. I really did, but just could not find the motivation to do it to any serious degree. Reinforce the perimeter, stick some guns at the entry points and that was me. 
Who is the big fucker in the pond that you come across in the middle of one town? I mind just hiding down some stairs and picking him slowly off with whatever ammunition I had at the time [emoji1787]
I get that, to be fair.

It's where the dlc and mods help, you can build factories and other stuff that had an actual purpose.

29 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Who is the big fucker in the pond that you come across in the middle of one town? I mind just hiding down some stairs and picking him slowly off with whatever ammunition I had at the time 🤣

Swan. That was Swan.

He drops some good scrap (the actual fibreglass swan pieces).

Just now, Mr X said:

I get that, to be fair.

It's where the dlc and mods help, you can build factories and other stuff that had an actual purpose.

The scavenger station is good. I always stick one in each settlement and assign someone to it.

There's one absolutely grim settlement, Murkwater Construction Site, which is in a wee bit of land in the middle of a bog in the south of the map. Pish for building stuff too as it's so small and the water makes placing stuff difficult.

The scavenger station is good. I always stick one in each settlement and assign someone to it.
There's one absolutely grim settlement, Murkwater Construction Site, which is in a wee bit of land in the middle of a bog in the south of the map. Pish for building stuff too as it's so small and the water makes placing stuff difficult.
I didnt really bother building in other settlements to be honest. I just concentrated on adding a load of shit to sanctuary.

Apart from the castle, which I fortified, but that was mainly because I added a mod which let you repair the castle walls.

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

I didnt really bother building in other settlements to be honest. I just concentrated on adding a load of shit to sanctuary.

Apart from the castle, which I fortified, but that was mainly because I added a mod which let you repair the castle walls.

I had mad defences at The Castle. Used walls to block off folk being able to go round the side of either of the entrances then set loads of barriers so folk wouldn't have a straight route, plus a couple of guard towers and that guard office structure (because it automatically gives whoever you assign to it a missle launcher), plus an actual door in both entrances. 'Repaired' the holes in the wall using concrete walls. Had absolutely loads of turrets on the ramparts all the way around, to the extent that I hit the building cap.

Did all that because I suspected that The Castle would be attacked, and I was right, with both The Institute and The Brotherhood trying. Both failed miserably and were absolutely annihilated by my guns. I barely had to do anything during either Defend The Castle mission.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Swan. That was Swan.

Yeah, this. I was aware of him before I started playing the game, and just sort of assumed it was during a mission, so started arsing about when near his pond to see if I could trigger anything. Started walking away, assuming it was just a set mission he appears in, before getting fucking nailed by a boulder.

On 26/02/2021 at 20:59, ajwffc said:

enjoy the romance option?

every so often i get the urge to play this and Skyrim again. But then think how long it will take to reinstall the game and the mods 

I installed Skyrim again recently and my modlist was still there on the game launcher, it just auto downloaded most of them again as well.

Only thing that went wrong was the load order and some of them were out of date or broken, but there is a tool you can install which finds all the faults and fixes them for you.

I presume there's a mod to stop your settlements from being attacked; that was what stopped me playing the game after a while. It was just constant, and if I didn't go and kick arse, everything would be destroyed when I returned. One of the most tedious game mechanics I've ever come across.

I'd contemplate going back and finishing the game if I could do away with that aspect.