Fallout 4

Goran

On 9/7/2017 at 11:38, GiGi said:

Yup. The whole voiced character jumping in and out of emotional scenes during the main storyline was jarring when you spend the rest of the time exploring not giving a shit about his son. 

The overall map design and gunplay was a big improvement but nothing else really. It made VATS less fun than shooting which I liked. 

This.

Excellent game to mooch about on and blow shit up, poor Fallout game. I've been playing this once again. I tend to play the game til i get bored of it then leave it for a few months. Fairly light on the mods this run, but i installed a few mods to smooth out the choppiness of the game, when you lose any FPS at all the game shudders to a halt, the mods ive installed don't stop the FPS drops completely but they stop the game from grinding to a halt whenever you do lose FPS.

Also installed a mod that stops you from gaining any XP at all doing settlement building. I love building bases on that game, i honestly don't know why i enjoy it as much as i do but i swear at least 2/3rds of my over 1300 hours on FO4 are just me building settlements. Not gaining XP from settlements really helps the game from becoming unbalanced because you can easily gain 10+ levels from building up sanctuary alone. 

• 2 weeks later...

That when you come out from tracking down that assassin?  Aye, must admit that was a pretty cool moment.  Remember pointing the other way for ages, hearing all the sound effects, wondering what was happening until the moment the first ship flew over head.

5 hours ago, forameus said:

That when you come out from tracking down that assassin?  Aye, must admit that was a pretty cool moment.  Remember pointing the other way for ages, hearing all the sound effects, wondering what was happening until the moment the first ship flew over head.

Kellogg, i've heard of people immediately fast travelling the second they get out Fort Hagen, completely missing that part and being surprised later when they spot vertibirds, airships and a brotherhood army

Kellogg, i've heard of people immediately fast travelling the second they get out Fort Hagen, completely missing that part and being surprised later when they spot vertibirds, airships and a brotherhood army

Further evidence to why fast travelling in Fallout is daft. The best storylines in them are the ones you randomly come across while walking around.

Started another game at the weekend.

I sided with The Railroad in my first play through.  Tempted to side with BoS this time, but that means pissing off Nick and Curie. I know you can use the Minutemen as an alternative to the Railroad without having to support the Brotherhood of Steel.

Is the DLC worth getting? Would think about it before I get too far with my new game if it's genuinely worth getting the add ons.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

I sided with The Railroad in my first play through.  Tempted to side with BoS this time, but that means pissing off Nick and Curie. I know you can use the Minutemen as an alternative to the Railroad without having to support the Brotherhood of Steel.
Is the DLC worth getting? Would think about it before I get too far with my new game if it's genuinely worth getting the add ons.

Far harber is a good(the best out them all) add on Nuka World is fun if you want a change from being a good character by helping out the raiders. The Mechanist gives you the ability to make robotic companions and the rest just give you workshop items.
I went with the brotherhood in my game due to them having Liberty Prime with them.

2 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Far Harbor is excellent, pretty interesting plot, more Nick(best character in the game for me) which is always a good thing, really interesting island to explore, new enemies that can be pretty challenging. TBH, if you can get the season pass for a reasonable price(max 20-25 i'd say) then i'd go for it, if its more than that i'd get Far Harbor by itself, you can easily get 10-20 hours from it, 30 if you explore everywhere and do every quest.

• 1 month later...