Fallout 4

Goran

Randomly walked into the care home in Salem, Started howling with laughter as Synths walked in after, let the Mr. Handyman ask who they were visiting before they gunned him down and began chasing me through the pensioners gamesroom.

On 11/25/2016 at 21:17, mizfit said:

Randomly walked into the care home in Salem, Started howling with laughter as Synths walked in after, let the Mr. Handyman ask who they were visiting before they gunned him down and began chasing me through the pensioners gamesroom.

If it's the bit I'm thinking of, for some reason they're there to kill all the cats that are hanging around.  Swift wasteland justice was exacted as soon as that became clear.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the main story last night going down the Minutemen route, which was the best and least violent outcome as I didn't want to kill off either the BOS or the Railroad and also wanted to stay on good terms with both.

Might just focus on some improvements to settlements using some mods for the next few weeks before moving on to the DLCs. Nexus - Homemaker and Spring Cleaning look like very good useful mods, I've decided to use them.

I've also been looking at others such as - Unlimited Building, Place Everywhere, OC Decorator and Snap & Build. I don't want to use too many as this will affect the frame rate at settlements same goes for the settler mods which I will check out later. Some of the clothes mods look impressive. Also having a look at the weather mods and greening the vegetation but I don't want to change the graphics too much.

On 28/11/2016 at 09:49, forameus said:

If it's the bit I'm thinking of, for some reason they're there to kill all the cats that are hanging around.  Swift wasteland justice was exacted as soon as that became clear.

Quite sad but when I first did some exploring off the beaten track around the abandoned corridors and rooms at the institute I found about 10 dead cats in one of the corridors. Also if you go to Diamond City and speak to a guy in the Dugout Inn called Hawthorne who seems quite balanced, likes to explore Vaults and old buildings and really should join the Minutemen. But if you go to his house the guy collects cats....cats everywhere, just glad the game doesn't tell you your health is dropping due to the smell. Come to think of it with Mama Murphy, Trashcan Carla and Strong this is probably for the best.

12 minutes ago, CityDave said:

Finished the main story last night going down the Minutemen route, which was the best and least violent outcome as I didn't want to kill off either the BOS or the Railroad and also wanted to stay on good terms with both.

Might just focus on some improvements to settlements using some mods for the next few weeks before moving on to the DLCs. Nexus - Homemaker and Spring Cleaning look like very good useful mods, I've decided to use them.

I've also been looking at others such as - Unlimited Building, Place Everywhere, OC Decorator and Snap & Build. I don't want to use too many as this will affect the frame rate at settlements same goes for the settler mods which I will check out later. Some of the clothes mods look impressive. Also having a look at the weather mods and greening the vegetation but I don't want to change the graphics too much.

Place Everywhere is really handy. I also have a mod that removes the building limit - its not the one you've mentioned though. Be careful with those, and the ones that extend the building area of settlements, they're the ones most likely to crash ... but you probably already knew that.

10 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Place Everywhere is really handy. I also have a mod that removes the building limit - its not the one you've mentioned though. Be careful with those, and the ones that extend the building area of settlements, they're the ones most likely to crash ... but you probably already knew that.

Yeah, I'm not going to over do it. OCDecorator is a decent one, it gets annoying if you have spent time placing objects on shelves and table only to come back and find them on the floor simply due to settlers moving about, you know doing their usual.... standing on furniture. Then there's a problem like who invited the brahmin into the living room?

32 minutes ago, CityDave said:

Yeah, I'm not going to over do it. OCDecorator is a decent one, it gets annoying if you have spent time placing objects on shelves and table only to come back and find them on the floor simply due to settlers moving about, you know doing their usual.... standing on furniture. Then there's a problem like who invited the brahmin into the living room?

Meant to say there are some decent mods that add things that really should have been in the game, particularly if you want to set up manufacturing stuff

Some of the mods in the ps4 are great considering the limitations imposed by Sony.

Simple Green adds a lot more colour to the game and makes it look a bit more like the abandoned streets in the Last of Us.

The mods by AndrewCX are all brilliant allowing you to build or craft pretty much everything in the game. There is also good few that add new settlements.

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Meant to say there are some decent mods that add things that really should have been in the game, particularly if you want to set up manufacturing stuff

Manufacturing stuff, you mean a like a working factory for example, that would be interesting to set up and run. I know there is a mod where you can manufacture synths, but I'd probably stick with flamingos or teddy bears. Maybe a synth flamingo companion?? Certainly beats the only thing that can be mass manufactured on vanilla.......fertiliser.

that reminds me...

Do you know about the conveyor belt glitch that duplicates items? :lol: 

I don't have conveyor belts yet, but I know you do. If you haven't seen it conveyor belt glitch at 2min 28 secs 

58 minutes ago, CityDave said:

Manufacturing stuff, you mean a like a working factory for example, that would be interesting to set up and run. I know there is a mod where you can manufacture synths, but I'd probably stick with flamingos or teddy bears. Maybe a synth flamingo companion?? Certainly beats the only thing that can be mass manufactured on vanilla.......fertiliser.

that reminds me...

Do you know about the conveyor belt glitch that duplicates items? :lol: 

I don't have conveyor belts yet, but I know you do. If you haven't seen it conveyor belt glitch at 2min 28 secs 

You can manufacture more than that on vanilla. I had an ammo factory set up

ETA - if you go back a few pages you'll see my video of it :)

Edited by Mr X

I've spent more time in this playthrough building up settlements, I actually quite enjoy it.

Still keep farms as farms though, nothing fancy in those places, just a stall or two and enough beds.

• 3 months later...

I recently revisited Fallout New Vegas for the first time since Fallout 4 came out. I can't believe it took me that long as it is the greatest game ever made. Fallout 4 pales in comparison and I am left very disappointed by what the franchise has become. 

The worst thing Fallout 4 has removed is the dialogue system. You now only have 4 options that are all the same really and have no choice to do anything other than what's scripted. In New Vegas, you can talk to people and decide how you feel about them, use information gained elsewhere to help you in other conversations and also pass skill checks for special dialogue options. The factions, the story and every single RPG element are so much better in New Vegas and some completely removed for Fallout 4.

Fallout 4 is an open world shooter and that's it. Plus the settlement bit which is good if you're into that sort of thing.

31 minutes ago, GingerSaint said:

I recently revisited Fallout New Vegas for the first time since Fallout 4 came out. I can't believe it took me that long as it is the greatest game ever made. Fallout 4 pales in comparison and I am left very disappointed by what the franchise has become. 

The worst thing Fallout 4 has removed is the dialogue system. You now only have 4 options that are all the same really and have no choice to do anything other than what's scripted. In New Vegas, you can talk to people and decide how you feel about them, use information gained elsewhere to help you in other conversations and also pass skill checks for special dialogue options. The factions, the story and every single RPG element are so much better in New Vegas and some completely removed for Fallout 4.

Fallout 4 is an open world shooter and that's it. Plus the settlement bit which is good if you're into that sort of thing.

For me, Fallout 3 is the best in the series.  I'm not sure why, but I've not played an open world game (and I've played most of them) where the world itself has the atmosphere of the Capital Wasteland.  They just fucking nailed it.

• 2 months later...
On 3/20/2017 at 10:52, Ramagamma said:

I liked the things new vegas added to the formulae but the initial story beats never quite clicked like Fallout 3s did.

The side quest's in new vegas are vastly superior to pretty much any quest from fallout 3 and 4. The writing is so very dark and they can have numerous ways to beat them that the game never tells you about and you only learn about by accident, luck, or actually thinking about it beyond follow the map marker to victory which bethesda games are normally bad for.

Forlorn Hope in NV is a perfect example, there are so many unmarked quests and various other things you can discover by looking into them.

If anyone here likes having videos on in the background to listen to or just likes lore, i recommend Oxhorn, he explores lore in the fallout games, he started with FO4 but has recently started going into NV stuff too

Edited by EdgarusQPFC