Fallout 4

Goran

I installed Skyrim again recently and my modlist was still there on the game launcher, it just auto downloaded most of them again as well.
Only thing that went wrong was the load order and some of them were out of date or broken, but there is a tool you can install which finds all the faults and fixes them for you.
That's interesting, didn't know it did that.

Doesn't help me, as I've done a clean install since I last played it :(
I presume there's a mod to stop your settlements from being attacked; that was what stopped me playing the game after a while. It was just constant, and if I didn't go and kick arse, everything would be destroyed when I returned. One of the most tedious game mechanics I've ever come across.
I'd contemplate going back and finishing the game if I could do away with that aspect.
Not seen one, but I'd be surprised if it isn't out there somewhere.

The other option is just to use cheat(ish) mods or console commands to bump up resources and cash and just stick turrets everywhere. You'll still get attacked but no chance of the raiders getting near anything!

2 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Doesn't help me, as I've done a clean install since I last played it :(Not seen one, but I'd be surprised if it isn't out there somewhere.

It was a clean install for me as well since it was on the new pc. I imagine it only works with steam workshop mods rather than NMM or whatever though.

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Doesn't help me, as I've done a clean install since I last played it :(Not seen one, but I'd be surprised if it isn't out there somewhere.

The other option is just to use cheat(ish) mods or console commands to bump up resources and cash and just stick turrets everywhere. You'll still get attacked but no chance of the raiders getting near anything!

I used to stick turrets all over the place, only to come back and find them trashed if I didn't immediately run back when they were being attacked. It was like the numpties living there sisn't know how to use them unless I was there. Dunno if that was just my save or what.

It vexed me, I'll not deny it.

It was a clean install for me as well since it was on the new pc. I imagine it only works with steam workshop mods rather than NMM or whatever though.

Ah, that makes sense. I've never used steam workshop to install mods

I used to stick turrets all over the place, only to come back and find them trashed if I didn't immediately run back when they were being attacked. It was like the numpties living there sisn't know how to use them unless I was there. Dunno if that was just my save or what.
It vexed me, I'll not deny it.

Auto turrets should solve that problem

All turrets are auto though.
It annoyed me when I was in Far Harbour or Nuka World doing shit that a Commonwealth settlement was being attacked. 
Oh, I didnt realise they didn't trigger if you weren't there then.

I didnt build in more than a couple of settlements so was never really bothered if the others got attacked

Eta - not that it matter
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11317/

• 4 months later...
I still come back and play this every now and then. Much improved experience with Mods.
Now there is to be a DLC size mod release for Fallout 4, maybe out already.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0KNAe12aaSSzE6_0puXGA

That looks amazing! I have two weeks off work, so guess I'll be reinstalling mods :D

Can't see any release date for that mod though.

9 hours ago, ajwffc said:

that looks amazing. But do i want to fill my hard drive reinstalling Fallout 4 and all the mods i have?

Of course you do! 

But maybe not yet. Its definitely not out and theres no release date. I have a feeling we might never actually see it

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Been watching a play through of this by StephenPlays and have subsequently shelled out three pounds to get the game for XB1. Big investment but very much worth it!

Don’t have any DLC so have had to live vicariously through YouTube for the island and soon-to-be Nuka World. Getting stick from the good lady about having watched (so far) 236 episodes of a man playing a game for forty minutes at a time 

• 3 months later...