Fallout 4

Goran

Had a go of the 76 trial but all it’s done is make me want to go back and play through 4 again. I don’t think I finished Far Harbour so going to go through the main quest line and choose a different endgame then head back to FH.

I didn't mind Nukaworld tbh.

It defo could have been better.

I bought 76 for a tenner a few weeks ago. played it for 10 mins then juked it. wanna play 3, NV and 4 again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I bought this for 3 quid... Probably one of the best 3 quids I've spent recently. 3 and NV were 2 of my favourite games.. Only a short way into 4, level 17 and just cleared the warehouses in goodneighbour, but there's still so much to explore

3 hours ago, lightscamera said:

I bought this for 3 quid... Probably one of the best 3 quids I've spent recently. 3 and NV were 2 of my favourite games.. Only a short way into 4, level 17 and just cleared the warehouses in goodneighbour, but there's still so much to explore

Its a fantastic game.  I'm in the minority view (and for about the thousand-th time on this thread) probably because 4 was my first experience of Fallout but I think it shits all over 3 from a great height.

Haven't started NV yet, will really need to soon.

Its a fantastic game.  I'm in the minority view (and for about the thousand-th time on this thread) probably because 4 was my first experience of Fallout but I think it shits all over 3 from a great height.
I started at 3, played NV and fallout 4. The mechanics are dumbed down and the story isn't as enthralling but my god I love 4.
Unlike most other fallout fans I want a South America sequel..tha t should be fun

6 minutes ago, weirdcal said:

I started at 3, played NV and fallout 4. The mechanics are dumbed down and the story isn't as enthralling but my god I love 4.
Unlike most other fallout fans I want a South America sequel..tha t should be fun

I think Fallout 3 had just became too dated for me, I played it in 2018.  I also don't really enjoy all the stuff in the tunnels that seemed to be a big part of 3.  

16 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

I dont think 3 has aged particularly well but, as someone who played it on release, its still my favourite.

1 hour ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

I found 4 woeful. The story is tragically bad. I never even finished it, it was that bad.

NV is the GOAT and always will be. 3 isn't as good, but still miles better than 4.

NV is hugely over rated. Its not as good as 3 or 4

4 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

I was quite fortunate with 3 and 4, but the amount of game breaking bugs I experienced in multiple plays of NV put me right off it.

I feel your pain with NV, usually can't be arsed going back to it for a while after an autosave is corrupted and I haven't manually saved for ages. I still eventually go back to it though, and when it works it's a brilliant game.

Still need to remember to save frequently, especially when you're about to head into a new area/enter a building. It's the same with Skyrim, to an extent.

On topic, I still play 4 every so often, and I always seem to work with the Railroad. In my second playthrough I've ditched Preston at one of the settlements and can't remember which one, at the moment I'm cutting about with a robot as a companion/storage compartment (can't remember where I left Ada).

• 2 weeks later...

The combat mechanics in 3 are just really poor. Character interaction in 3 isnt as strong as in 4, although Preston's endless regenerated minutemen quests are a pain in the hole.

3 was a decent enough pick up for a few quid via a Steam sale several months ago but its nowhere near as good as 4.

18 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

The combat mechanics in 3 are just really poor. Character interaction in 3 isnt as strong as in 4, although Preston's endless regenerated minutemen quests are a pain in the hole.

3 was a decent enough pick up for a few quid via a Steam sale several months ago but its nowhere near as good as 4.

There was nothing wrong with the combat mechanics with 3 when it was released. As I said, it hasnt aged that well, but comparing both on release, 3 wins for me

On 09/08/2019 at 22:58, Busta Nut said:

I loved them all. I also recently bought 76 for a tenner, Haven't played it yet but will give it a go. Bit of a fan boy since I first played 3.

If you enjoyed the collecting/building element of 4 then you may like 76 but even that wasn't enough to hold my attention.  I might go back to it now that they've done some updates but not sure if it will ever really compare to any of the others.

In fact the best advice I can offer you is to try to not class it as a Fallout game at all to avoid disappointment.

8 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

If you enjoyed the collecting/building element of 4 then you may like 76 but even that wasn't enough to hold my attention.  I might go back to it now that they've done some updates but not sure if it will ever really compare to any of the others.

In fact the best advice I can offer you is to try to not class it as a Fallout game at all to avoid disappointment.

This is probably the best way to approach 4 as well. It's a really fun survival shooter and has a great map to dive around in but the writing is so shoddy and half-arsed that it does a disservice to previous Fallout games.

On 09/08/2019 at 15:27, Mr X said:

NV is hugely over rated. Its not as good as 3 or 4

giphy.gif

New Vegas is the best. 4 was a rushed, poorly written, free roaming game, its not a Fallout game.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

giphy.gif

New Vegas is the best. 4 was a rushed, poorly written, free roaming game, its not a Fallout game.

In your opinion of course.

3, 4 and NW clearly all have their own attributes as there does seem to be advocates for all of them.  I'm going to give 76 another bash  this week and if I can't get into it I'm going to play New Vegas.

32 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

Sounds like a great week m9.    Happy gaming!  

Thanks mate. I try to fit in as much as I can when I’m not working or cycling. You know how it is.

ETA - you’ll enjoy this. I can’t remember when I first mentioned downloading monopoly on the Xbox, think it was around April or May. Anyway, since then my total time spent playing monopoly has been 138 hours.  Playing digital board games with virtual friends.

*since 16th April, so roughly 6 and a half days totally gone in the last 4 months.

Edited by Dindeleux