Fallout 4

Goran

When you enter VATS and the highlighted enemy has a skull beside their name it shows that they are a lot stronger than you. Also Preston is a c**t

[emoji23]

Just watched it through on YouTube. Firstly I seem to have it wrong I'm trying to take out every Raider in the town instead of just the plant, also the video I watched had Codsworth as a companion and he was going about flaming boys. Dogmeat doesn't seem to do anything but cba going all the way back to swap him. Just want to get it done now hopefully manage to get past it and start levelling up.

6 hours ago, ajwffc said:
7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Aye, think I'm possibly in sector 4 and a wee bit above my pay grade. Might try my luck tomorrow and if I keep dying head back closer to the Sanctuary and see what else I can do.

When you enter VATS and the highlighted enemy has a skull beside their name it shows that they are a lot stronger than you. Also Preston is a c**t

He might be a cnut but he's heard about a settlement that needs your help.

I have never played fallout until today. Off this week and had a bit of free time, I've gone over every single neuk and cranny in RDR2 and this was only a £1.

Few questions, I die a lot, like every 10 minutes, is that normal? [emoji23] Dunno if in just being over ambitious or what, I usually just take things on head on is there a way to sneak about the map better I'm not getting?

Currently trying to kill all the raiders at that power plant town right at the start. I'm only on level 5, it's solid. Should I wait until later?

I seem to have ate some meat with radiation on it and have a bit of red on the health bar, does this ever go away?

Trying to build beds, I seem to have the materials but the thing that pops up as required is an icon that represents people? I don't get it?

Will probably have more, but I'm off tomorrow too and will no doubt be up very early, cup of coffee and a Joe Rogan podcast and firing about again. Any help or tips appreciated.

Really hoping it gets easier. [emoji23]
I usually sneak everywhere to get that skill up, you also get a wee bonus if hitting them undetected.
Using an automatic weapon helps on the more populated areas.
Load up on stimpacs and radaway (use that to get the red bar away)
Can't remember the bedthing for people unless that's telling you how many beds to people you have.

I usually sneak everywhere to get that skill up, you also get a wee bonus if hitting them undetected.
Using an automatic weapon helps on the more populated areas.
Load up on stimpacs and radaway (use that to get the red bar away)
Can't remember the bedthing for people unless that's telling you how many beds to people you have.

I eventually got past that power plant thing. The fast travel is great fast travelled to tenpines to complete the mission then back to Sanctuary. Figured out how to build/scrap things and haven't left the place in a couple of hours. Loving it

Red bar is now away, think health packs etc are really hard to come by.. enjoying it though. Codsworth as a companion and off to Diamond City soon if I can drag myself away from this Sims like fun I'm having. [emoji23][emoji23]

I eventually got past that power plant thing. The fast travel is great fast travelled to tenpines to complete the mission then back to Sanctuary. Figured out how to build/scrap things and haven't left the place in a couple of hours. Loving it

Red bar is now away, think health packs etc are really hard to come by.. enjoying it though. Codsworth as a companion and off to Diamond City soon if I can drag myself away from this Sims like fun I'm having. [emoji23][emoji23]
Fast travel is good but you miss out on exploring random places and random encounters.
I found the settlement building to be a complete time stealer. Spend hours getting it built up and tidied out.
And then the raids on your places. Could have the best turrets in the game but you still need to show up to watch them explode things.

He might be a cnut but he's heard about a settlement that needs your help.

Is that all Preston does aye? Tell you settlement areas? Take it these aren't part of the main story and maybe better to do after I've continued that a bit? Feel like I'm getting way too deep into them and they're not really giving me much xp or whatever in return.

Think Diamond City progresses the actual story and I've still not been there. Get on that next.

Away to start reading and skimming over from start of thread

Is that all Preston does aye? Tell you settlement areas? Take it these aren't part of the main story and maybe better to do after I've continued that a bit? Feel like I'm getting way too deep into them and they're not really giving me much xp or whatever in return.

Think Diamond City progresses the actual story and I've still not been there. Get on that next.

He gives you locations of settlements that need help to rebuild the minutrmen. Once you help them they are yours(set up caravans between them to share resources). Once you have done so many for him he arranges for you to take back the castle for them and you also unlock their radio station(shit music and more settlements in trouble). You will also unlock artillery pieces that are fun. Diamond City is the next point in the main story and also 2 more companions(Piper and Nick)

5 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The minutemen quests are a way to grind and up your experience. Can also loot for ammo, weapons and armour as it's usually either taking care of raiders or supermutants. The ghoul ones don't give you much.

You can play the game without doing any minutemen stuff other than rescuing Preston. Eventually you'll need to pick one of the 3 factions to support - minutemen, brotherhood or railroad.

You don't need to do any of these straight away. You can spend a bit of time grinding and exploring.  Pick your perks carefully as that'll dictate what kind of character you build..

Thanks guys. Having a ball with it feels like there's so much to do and really feels rewarding levelling up and building up settlement.

Had to change the difficulty to easy was getting killed far too quickly. Not played it before so think that's fair for just now maybe get up to normal again after I've found my feet more [emoji23]

Didn't think I'd like this but it's opened my eyes up, will have to keep a look out for Fallout 5 now

I think with the Fallout games you do get killed loads at the start, I remember shitting myself lots on the first few free roams out of sanctuary even before you get to diamond city....and then by 3/4 of the way through you're an unkillable god. 

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

I think with the Fallout games you do get killed loads at the start, I remember shitting myself lots on the first few free roams out of sanctuary even before you get to diamond city....and then by 3/4 of the way through you're an unkillable god. 

This.

Now I want to go back and play it again!

I'll be replaying it next, have gone back through oblivion, fo3 foNV and currently in Skyrim ( on switch rather than the Xbox).
Hoping that having played all the others to hand I might forget the quests and enjoy it properly again

I'll be replaying it next, have gone back through oblivion, fo3 foNV and currently in Skyrim ( on switch rather than the Xbox).
Hoping that having played all the others to hand I might forget the quests and enjoy it properly again
I started playing through skyrim again last year and had completely forgotten pretty much all of it!

Fired up fallout last night to see where I was. Turns out I was trudging through the tediuos nuka cola dlc. Remember why I stopped playing now

I started playing through skyrim again last year and had completely forgotten pretty much all of it!

Fired up fallout last night to see where I was. Turns out I was trudging through the tediuos nuka cola dlc. Remember why I stopped playing now
It's been brilliant fun going through it again, vague memories of quests but having done oblivion not too long ago it meant the faction quests where slightly muddled.
Just got made guild master of the thieves guild... That I didn't recall the slog for that.

Oh the nukaworld. So much potential so badly done

3 hours ago, weirdcal said:

It's been brilliant fun going through it again, vague memories of quests but having done oblivion not too long ago it meant the faction quests where slightly muddled.
Just got made guild master of the thieves guild... That I didn't recall the slog for that.

Oh the nukaworld. So much potential so badly done

Yeah. Starts off well enough but soon turns into a pretty slog :(