Fallout 4

Goran

50 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Once a date is announced I’m going to have to really do something horrible beforehand to get rid of my girlfriend and child.

Is her birthday coming up? See if you can get one of these made up from your P&B account. Tee hee, lolzers.

Anyway, quite happy if this is some kind of online multiplayer base-construction Fallout, as I could do without there being yet another interesting game that I don't have time to play. Haven't even finished Fallout 4 yet  :(

1 hour ago, GingerSaint said:

I don’t like the idea of an online base building Fallout.

But I’ll buy it as I’m an unabashed fanboy.

Sorry to say I probably will too. But then I bought the online Skyrim and hated it, so maybe not. Definitely not if its online only

I'll definitely give it a go, not against online only games as much as some, and I expect it to have a high level of polish given where it's being developed (and obviously riddled with hilarious bugs, but still).  Hope it isn't like Elder Scrolls Online though - I was really excited for that given how much I loved Skyrim, but it was absolutely pish.  

How much of this game is RP? I just can't get into these 'choose an option' games but folk rave about this so think for under £10 it must be worth a go.
Not much to be honest and the skill stuff is pretty basic in terms of how it's set up and how you pick.

At under a tenner, I'll buy it for you [emoji23]

How much of this game is RP? I just can't get into these 'choose an option' games but folk rave about this so think for under £10 it must be worth a go.
It's worth a play. Stick to the story till you get bored then just head off and explore. That's how I got hooked on the fallout games.

Not much to be honest and the skill stuff is pretty basic in terms of how it's set up and how you pick.

At under a tenner, I'll buy it for you [emoji23]

Picked it up for £5. If it's shite I'll be sending the boys round to collect a fiver from you.

My fiver is safe.
Aye I'd say so! I've probably put in just over 2 hours so far (any way of seeing how long you've actually played?) and am enjoying it. I'm not great at shooting yet but I've not needed to do much shooting so far. I've just got past the Deathclaw and am back at Sanctuary. I've started to build up the place as I've read that's the done thing. No one in the game has suggested I do this though, I guess I'm jumping the gun a bit?

The Last of Us is my favourite game and I loved the scavenging in that. It seems that's going to be a big part of this game so I could very well become addicted.

14 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye I'd say so! I've probably put in just over 2 hours so far (any way of seeing how long you've actually played?) and am enjoying it. I'm not great at shooting yet but I've not needed to do much shooting so far. I've just got past the Deathclaw and am back at Sanctuary. I've started to build up the place as I've read that's the done thing. No one in the game has suggested I do this though, I guess I'm jumping the gun a bit?

The Last of Us is my favourite game and I loved the scavenging in that. It seems that's going to be a big part of this game so I could very well become addicted.

You're welcome :)

Sounds like you are jumping the gun a bit but I wouldnt worry too much. If you go back to the main story it will catch up.

14 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I was about level 30 and Sanctuary was a fucking army base by the time I done anything other than the deathclaw mission on one of my saves. Just play it how you enjoy it. 

I was about level 30 and Sanctuary was a fucking army base by the time I done anything other than the deathclaw mission on one of my saves. Just play it how you enjoy it. 

I had a look on YouTube to see some bases and I noticed a lot of concrete walls. I'm just using metal fences the now. I assume I'll unlock or discover concrete further down the line? I'm only level 3 the now.

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I had a look on YouTube to see some bases and I noticed a lot of concrete walls. I'm just using metal fences the now. I assume I'll unlock or discover concrete further down the line? I'm only level 3 the now.

I dont think you need to unlock them. IIRC the base game only has concrete foundations, which are in a different menu to the walls and fences.

The Wasteland workshop DLC adds concrete walls. Also, bear in mind that there are a ton-load of mods that add different craftable items too.

• 1 year later...

I have never played fallout until today. Off this week and had a bit of free time, I've gone over every single neuk and cranny in RDR2 and this was only a £1.

Few questions, I die a lot, like every 10 minutes, is that normal? [emoji23] Dunno if in just being over ambitious or what, I usually just take things on head on is there a way to sneak about the map better I'm not getting?

Currently trying to kill all the raiders at that power plant town right at the start. I'm only on level 5, it's solid. Should I wait until later?

I seem to have ate some meat with radiation on it and have a bit of red on the health bar, does this ever go away?

Trying to build beds, I seem to have the materials but the thing that pops up as required is an icon that represents people? I don't get it?

Will probably have more, but I'm off tomorrow too and will no doubt be up very early, cup of coffee and a Joe Rogan podcast and firing about again. Any help or tips appreciated.

Really hoping it gets easier. [emoji23]

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I have never played fallout until today. Off this week and had a bit of free time, I've gone over every single neuk and cranny in RDR2 and this was only a £1.

Few questions, I die a lot, like every 10 minutes, is that normal? emoji23.png Dunno if in just being over ambitious or what, I usually just take things on head on is there a way to sneak about the map better I'm not getting?

map_1555.jpg

Aye, think I'm possibly in sector 4 and a wee bit above my pay grade. Might try my luck tomorrow and if I keep dying head back closer to the Sanctuary and see what else I can do.
When you enter VATS and the highlighted enemy has a skull beside their name it shows that they are a lot stronger than you. Also Preston is a c**t