Fallout 4

Goran

There are a few things in the game that are a bit unintuitive; praise His Noodly Appendage for the internet :P

Thats the worst thing. I did look it up on the interweb and couldnt find anything that explained it very well :ph34r:

Does anyone know how to find missing companions?

In my haste to ride myself of Cait's terrible accent weeks ago I have in fact foolishly forgotten where the fudge I sent her.

Trying to get all the companion perks and this has thrown a spanner in the works.

They should be in one of your settlements. Otherwise, they might go back to where you first met them

They should be in one of your settlements. Otherwise, they might go back to where you first met them

Build a bell in the centre of each settlement - when you ring it, it calls every settler staying there, including companions.

Bit easier than trying to run around and find everyone, especially as they have a habit of disappearing. I've got 12 settlers at the Red Rocket, but I'm lucky to find four normally. Ringing the bell brings them out from whatever rock they hide under.

Build a bell in the centre of each settlement - when you ring it, it calls every settler staying there, including companions.

Bit easier than trying to run around and find everyone, especially as they have a habit of disappearing. I've got 12 settlers at the Red Rocket, but I'm lucky to find four normally. Ringing the bell brings them out from whatever rock they hide under.

Yeah, I did that in Sanctuary. But only so I could dish out smart clothes to everyone. :lol:

Thats the worst thing. I did look it up on the interweb and couldnt find anything that explained it very well :ph34r:

I've lost Dogmeat, sent him to one of the settlements and he never arrived. Think it's a pretty common issue and hopefully they patch it.

I've lost Dogmeat, sent him to one of the settlements and he never arrived. Think it's a pretty common issue and hopefully they patch it.

Absolutely seething. Managed to collect about 11 mini nukes but had them taken off me. Hadn't realised till old saves now too far behind. Think they were nabbed off me when i went into the shop on the Prydwen and nicked a few fusion cores but got caught.

Edited by mrcat1990

The console is your friend - hit ~ and type player.moveto 0001d162. You'll teleport right to the little b*****d. I remember having to use this in Fallout 3 because an important NPC had disappeared, and it turned out they'd randomly decided to take a wander halfway across the wasteland for some reason. I think it's almost impossible to get through a Bethesda RPG without needing to do something like this at some point.

Absolutely seething. Managed to collect about 11 mini nukes but had them taken off me. Hadn't realised till old saves now too far behind. Think they were nabbed off me when i went into the shop on the Prydwen and nicked a few fusion cores but got caught.

The console is your friend - hit ~ and type player.placeatme 000E6B2E 1. Do it eleven times and you'll get your nukes back.

Seems a fair thing to do if there's no good reason for them to have been taken.

The console is your friend - hit ~ and type player.moveto 0001d162. You'll teleport right to the little b*****d. I remember having to use this in Fallout 3 because an important NPC had disappeared, and it turned out they'd randomly decided to take a wander halfway across the wasteland for some reason. I think it's almost impossible to get through a Bethesda RPG without needing to do something like this at some point.

The console is your friend - hit ~ and type player.placeatme 000E6B2E 1. Do it eleven times and you'll get your nukes back.

Seems a fair thing to do if there's no good reason for them to have been taken.

Im on PS4 sadly so no chance I'm getting them back. Will have to spend many hours again searching for Super Mutant Suiciders and the occasional one at wasteland locations.

It's more than possible if you're playing on a console.

;)

Im on PS4 sadly so no chance I'm getting them back. Will have to spend many hours again searching for Super Mutant Suiciders and the occasional one at wasteland locations.

There's a BOS mission that has a few scattered around, if you havent already completed

What is the quickest way to level up? I've just passed the glowing sea and i'm only level 17.

I just scav about, stopping at all the buildings I pass on the way to other quests and picking up all the little side-quests for extra XP. Stick lots of points in Intelligence to increase the amount of XP you gain. Do as much crafting/cooking as you can with ingredients you have a lot of. Get into lots of combat. If you find a safe that's opened by a terminal and don't mind grinding, you can pick the lock, then lock it again via the terminal, and pick the lock again. You can sit and do that all day and get the same amount of XP every time. Do some settlement building, as you get XP for every time you build a wall (or whatever). Pick every lock, hack every terminal.

None of that's terribly quick-exploity, but it's worked well enough for me (except for the safe thing - ain't nobody got time for that). I haven't been near the Glowing Sea yet, and I'm level 40-something. There's plenty of fun stuff to do.

It's more than possible if you're playing on a console.

;)

That's very good :lol:

What is the quickest way to level up? I've just passed the glowing sea and i'm only level 17.

I would probably explore the area around Diamond City. Lots of locations to discover and plenty of things to shoot.

The way I levelled up near the start was just wandering around aimlessly discovering and clearing new locations but it's pretty time consuming.

I would probably explore the area around Diamond City. Lots of locations to discover and plenty of things to shoot.

The way I levelled up near the start was just wandering around aimlessly discovering and clearing new locations but it's pretty time consuming.

Aye, there's that. The area around Diamond City is a permanent warzone. You can be just wandering around the stadium and see your XP go up because of all the battles going on around you.

I'd have thought a lower-level character might get their arse handed to them, however, but I'd have thought Level 17 should be OK...?

Aye, there's that. The area around Diamond City is a permanent warzone. You can be just wandering around the stadium and see your XP go up because of all the battles going on around you.

I'd have thought a lower-level character might get their arse handed to them, however, but I'd have thought Level 17 should be OK...?

Bring a follower with you, get them and whoever you're fighting distracted with each other, then leg it. They're immortal anyway.

Bring a follower with you, get them and whoever you're fighting distracted with each other, then leg it. They're immortal anyway.

That's one of the things I'm not so keen on in Fallout 4. I understand entirely why they've done it, but you do end up thinking about the companions as meat shields.

I remember being gutted when Fallout 3 Dogmeat raced off to get torn apart by Yao Guai, and that emotional connection has been lost. Although frankly, he's such an annoying, getting-in-the-way twat in this game that I've wished he wasn't immortal so I could off him myself.