What sort of crowds do Heston get at Palmerston?

I went to a Heston game v Nithsdale earlier in the season, and the main stand was closed off - the end terrace and the enclosure in front of the main stand were where the fans congregated. The far stand was open, but only a handful bothered going round - maybe 50-60 of a crowd that day.

Sounds familliar! If someone provides your son/grandson with transport ,kit.and a good pitch to play on at no expense to him or you why should,nt you expect to get into the game FOC!

Only Heston Seniors play at Palmerston and I believe there is a small charge, much like other grounds in the South.

The Heston youth teams still play at Maryfield which is FOC as all Youth games are in the region.

I know it is the senior side that play at Palmerston, I have never had interest in youth football or below (have your Heard their parents!) so was wondering if a brother of Father went to watch, did they get a complementary ticket? Surely family would cotribute to help club funds?

Think its £3 for adults to get in . I know that family of players have to pay to get in and rightly so . What you need to remember they are in reality an amateur football club . They are an extremely well run club with all signed players contributing to the running costs via tote sheets etc . Get yourselfs along and watch and enjoy .

• 2 years later...

Don't think the committee are comitted to obtaining licence or Scottish cup . One of the reasons their previously successful management team left I'm led to believe.

Disappointing if this is true. Surely if they have superb facilities like Palmerston available, then their should be an abundance of enthusiasm from their committee to get into the Scottish Cup and perhaps the Lowland League.

Obtaining a Club license and playing in the Lowland League is I believe a very big

step to take not just from the expensive travel but also finding part time players who can be away from home all day Saturday.

There is surely a place in football for every grade and surely regionalization is not all bad.

Obtaining a Club license and playing in the Lowland League is I believe a very big

step to take not just from the expensive travel but also finding part time players who can be away from home all day Saturday.

There is surely a place in football for every grade and surely regionalization is not all bad.

how are newton Stewart getting on with their application? is there a lot of building work needing to be done?

Creetown would need to build an enclosure, install floodlights and build a fence/wall surrounding the stadium at the very least. Creetown would have to spend over £300,000 to do that. I very much doubt they would try and obtain a club license.

Archived