2014/15 Celtic CL qualification round venue

Cruoninga

Read somewhere that Celtic Park will not be available for the Champions League qualifiers next season due to the Commonwealth Games taking place at that time. Apparently the same goes for Hampden. Therefore Celtic will be looking into other venues (in case they manage to hold on to their current lead of course).

I didn't came across it anywhere else, so I am not sure about the accuracy of this news?

Ibrox is probably off limits, so Murrayfield would become an option. Apparently, Celtic is also investigating the possibility to play in Dublin (Aviva or even Croke Park?). Yet for this to happen special permission from UEFA is necessary as it would probably go against some rules to play a home tie abroad.

Anyone has more information on this issue?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No offence but where have you been? This was news about a month ago.

Anyway, it'll most likely be Murrayfield, we were also looking at St James Park, but UEFA said they want it played in Scotland

• 2 months later...

It's practically insurmountable, but you still haven't qualified yet. ;)

Aye that coonsill case points deduction will certainly fcuk Celtic over for buying cheap land so Celtic can field far better players to pump ra Gers to the title and put them in their place. :P

I must have missed this year's OF games ;)

I was metaphorically put AFJ, as in the future tense were the orcs would have us believe it is a premeditated plan by "THE LIEWELL MACHINE" to rob them of honours should they ever reach the Premiership. And not that any of the clubs they have ever supported has been involved with such a heinous crime of cheating by financial doping erm erm. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Tell you what, it will be an absolute disgrace if Celtic get to use Murrayfield - yet meanwhile - The National Scotland team is made to play its Euro fixtures at Parkhead. An absolute disgrace and I bet it happens.

Eh? Do you think Celtic want to play their games at Murrayfield, its all to do with what dates are available.

Eh? Do you think Celtic want to play their games at Murrayfield, its all to do with what dates are available.

Course they fuckin don't. But they won't be playing them in Dooblin, and I wouldn't imagine they would play them at Ibrox. There isn't any other stadiums available to accommodate the fans. Nevertheless, it will still be a disgrace when it happens.

Not qualified yet! But you will be playing more than 1 games....mmmm

Course they fuckin don't. But they won't be playing them in Dooblin, and I wouldn't imagine they would play them at Ibrox. There isn't any other stadiums available to accommodate the fans. Nevertheless, it will still be a disgrace when it happens.

You're definitely raging about something. I haven't quite managed to work out what but, whatever it is, it must be super serious.

Archived