Uncharted 4

Chupacabra

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've still not completed the collection so won't be getting this any time soon. I'm sure it'll be good once I get through the piece of shit that is Drake's Fortune.

Just got ps4 last week and have posted through the first Uncharted game which seems to have held up pretty damn well. Also heating that 2 is the best one - eager to get tore into that at some point today.

Finally got round to completing the first one today. What a piece of shit :lol: I know it was released years ago, but the shooting was weak, the platforming was clunky and the fixed camera angles made the platforming even worse. I enjoyed the puzzle sections of it despite them being under-used. I'm still looking forward to Among Thieves, though. I've only heard good things about it. Anyway, it can't be any worse than the first one.

Anyone any idea what the cheapest place to purchase the game from would be? Smyths Toy shop is currently cheapest that I can see at £41.99

You can save 34p if you get it from Boomerang :lol: I always use GameCrawler to compare prices and they have Boomerang's £41.65 as the cheapest.

Finally got round to completing the first one today. What a piece of shit :lol: I know it was released years ago, but the shooting was weak, the platforming was clunky and the fixed camera angles made the platforming even worse. I enjoyed the puzzle sections of it despite them being under-used. I'm still looking forward to Among Thieves, though. I've only heard good things about it. Anyway, it can't be any worse than the first one.

At the time it was a superb game. It's by no means "a piece of shit". If it was a poor title then we wouldn't have been excited for the 4th one coming out today!

Bought this today before I came to work :D I don't finish until 1:15 :( I'll be up all night/morning playing this :D

At the time it was a superb game. It's by no means "a piece of shit". If it was a poor title then we wouldn't have been excited for the 4th one coming out today!

Bought this today before I came to work :D I don't finish until 1:15 :( I'll be up all night/morning playing this :D

Ok, maybe "piece of shit" was harsh. I just did not enjoy it, though. The gameplay was just so repetitive - run and climb a bit until you come across a big, open space with conveniently placed rocks and boxes. Then take out a horde of enemies until you can proceed to repeat the cycle. I also didn't like the fact that it pretty much all took place in the one location. I'm only on the third chapter of "Among Thieves", and I've already been to three different locations.

Nearly finished it? I'm guessing you got it before today? How long did it take you?

Ok, maybe "piece of shit" was harsh. I just did not enjoy it, though. The gameplay was just so repetitive - run and climb a bit until you come across a big, open space with conveniently placed rocks and boxes. Then take out a horde of enemies until you can proceed to repeat the cycle. I also didn't like the fact that it pretty much all took place in the one location. I'm only on the third chapter of "Among Thieves", and I've already been to three different locations.

As I said, at the time it was a cracking game. I recently re-played it with the remastered games. It certainly hasn't aged greatly and the 2nd title is far better. But I can't criticise a game that kicked off one of Sony's best gaming franchises :)

Nearly finished it? I'm guessing you got it before today? How long did it take you?

As I said, at the time it was a cracking game. I recently re-played it with the remastered games. It certainly hasn't aged greatly and the 2nd title is far better. But I can't criticise a game that kicked off one of Sony's best gaming franchises :)

The remastered version is my first experience of Uncharted. This means that I've played it for the first time at a time where other games have done a better job of what the first one did. I'd imagine I would have a greater appreciation of it if I played it in 2007.

aye got it on friday, I'm still about 5 chapters from the end but so far it's taken me about 13 hours I'd say, certainly no gripes about the length either way

Really stupid idea starting this at 9pm....so tempted to pull a sickie tomorrow.

Loving it so far.

I'll be starting it at 1:30am :lol:

13 hours so far isn't bad. If I can get 15-20 hours from a story then I'm usually happy enough.

Just turned it off (think it's wise at this point or I could genuinely be playing until I fell asleep) and am up to chapter 6. I reckon I've played about 2 and a half hours so far and I'd say about 60% of the game so far has been cutscenes. About 5/10 minutes has been gun shooting, the rest has been one long tutorial on the mechanics and controls. That's not a criticism of the game but for me I'd suggest everyone plays the first 3 before wiring into this game. I'm enjoying the cutscenes for the references and nostalgia of the previous games. I don't think it would have the same effect on someone who hasn't played the rest.

It is visually stunning as ever and the controls feel smoother this time around so I think I'll enjoy the action when it arrives.

Also, this was superb IMO :D :-

Playing Crash Bandicoot as Nathan Drake?! Absolutely brilliant! I just didn't see it coming. Hearing the Playstation theme again brought back so many memories. Excellent touch by Naughty Dog :D

Archived