bruges

invergowrie arab

Stuff like Jupiler can be drunk in quantity, stuff like Kwak, Chimay and La Chouffe cannot. Check the ABV of everything. La Chouffe is possibly my favourite beer of all time. If you ever go when it's warm, Brugs is a perfect wheat beer for a picnic.

Jupiler is fucking cat's piss though. It was Kwak I had, and of course breweries/Beer Wall etc. will all be brewing special winter/festive beers right now.

Mon then who has been?

Off there in a couple of weeks to try out some beers. Any recommendations?

I was there a few years ago for the Xmas markets. Bus down to Hull then the Ferry across.

It was great. The Xmas markets in the main square with all the lights gave the place a 'magical' feel.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Going on an overnight trip from Antwerp on the 18th, in the maybe forlorn hope of getting a ticket for the Galatasaray CL game. Not hugely bothered if I end up watching it in a sports bar, so any recommendations gratefully received. And in the unlikely event that someone on here lives in the area, or has connections with Club Brugges or Galatasaray, I'd be hugely grateful if you can score me a ticket. Doesn't sound like there will be many going for foreign neutrals. Have attempted to join the fan club, and have emailed them, but no response as yet.   

Going on an overnight trip from Antwerp on the 18th, in the maybe forlorn hope of getting a ticket for the Galatasaray CL game. Not hugely bothered if I end up watching it in a sports bar, so any recommendations gratefully received. And in the unlikely event that someone on here lives in the area, or has connections with Club Brugges or Galatasaray, I'd be hugely grateful if you can score me a ticket. Doesn't sound like there will be many going for foreign neutrals. Have attempted to join the fan club, and have emailed them, but no response as yet.   

Belgium has quite a high Turkish population or certainly did when I worked there around 2004 so might struggle for an away end ticket but I would imagine if your about the city you’ll probably be able to pick one up for the home end. Was only in Brugge a couple times so can’t tell you any good bars or anything but it’s a nice City and the beer is excellent

• 2 weeks later...

Going back again in November. 

Anyone done the direct bus from Charleroi to Brugge. Seems a touch cheaper and a touch quicker than bus and 2 x train option but shite reviews on tripadvisor.

Folk on tripadvisor are lowest of the low though. Would trust you guys with my life 

Edited by invergowrie arab

8 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Anyone done the direct bus from Charleroi to Brugge. Seems a touch cheaper and a touch quicker than bus and 2 x train option but shite reviews on tripadvisor.

Folk on tripadvisor are lowest of the low though. Would trust you guys with my life 

I've done the bus to ghent from charleroi airport and it was reasonably painless. The only downside was I had to wait in the airport for about an hour and a half before getting on so it may be worth checking how the bus times are in relation to your flight' s arrival.

23 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

If it's part of that Flixbus network it would be good to know how you get on. The website, travel times and prices are impressive but I haven't used them yet.

On 14/09/2019 at 18:28, welshbairn said:

If it's part of that Flixbus network it would be good to know how you get on. The website, travel times and prices are impressive but I haven't used them yet.

The shuttle busses from Charleroi airport are run by some outfit called Flibco. I've no idea if they're in cahoots with Flixbus.

• 5 months later...