NBA Season 2013/14

Colin M

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen any of the season beyond a couple of highlight videos, but have been following the results and got my fantasy team together.

I'll take a stab at this in the East:

1. Pacers

2. Heat

3. Nets

4. Bulls

And the West:

1. Spurs

2. OKC

3. Clippers

4. Rockets

I'll say a final of Pacers-Spurs. Paul George for MVP.

Strange season for Boston so far, they trade away Pierce and Garnett and have Rondo out injured and everybody expects them to tank the campaign for a good pick in next years draft, this seems to be born out after they go 0-4 to start their fixtures, then they turn things around winning 4 in a row including beating Miami and are now joint top of their division.

I haven't seen any of the season beyond a couple of highlight videos, but have been following the results and got my fantasy team together.

I'll take a stab at this in the East:

1. Pacers

2. Heat

3. Nets

4. Bulls

And the West:

1. Spurs

2. OKC

3. Clippers

4. Rockets

I'll say a final of Pacers-Spurs. Paul George for MVP

Pacers certainly off to a flyer, I can see them edging out the Heat.

In the West I think Golden State could do well with Igoudala there now. Minnesota also look to be improved this year. Could see either of them making the top 4, but the Spurs will likely win that again.

I've taken a monthly subscription to the League Pass this year but the performance is a bit up and down.

Strange season for Boston so far, they trade away Pierce and Garnett and have Rondo out injured and everybody expects them to tank the campaign for a good pick in next years draft, this seems to be born out after they go 0-4 to start their fixtures, then they turn things around winning 4 in a row including beating Miami and are now joint top of their division.

Then they go and lose at home to Charlotte.... who are surprisingly not total garbage this year!

I watched the Nuggets (my adopted team) beat the Lakers this morning. I'm using NBA League Pass on an iPad, where it plays perfectly in the morning UK time and hardly works at all in the evening. Will probably cancel the subscription if there's a TV deal in the UK some time. I suppose I could just look for torrents.

The Bobcats are looking OK this year, Jefferson was a great addition and Kemba Walker is maturing nicely. I wouldn't be astonished if they nicked the 8th spot in the East this year.

I'm quite concerned at how Brooklyn have started, if someone put a gun to my head and made me pick a team it'd be them because Jason Kidd is my all time favourite player. Garnett and Pierce obviously can't do 35-40 minutes a night but they need them on the court regularly.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally a TV deal has been announced with (surprise!) BT Sports.

http://sport.bt.com/watchnow/programmes/bt-sport-agrees-multiyear-nba-broadcast-deal-S11363853884297

The schedule can be found here and it's actually pretty decent - the big franchises feature as heavily as expected but there are also plenty of other games being covered.

http://www.nba.com/schedules/international_nba_tv_schedule.html?RID=34&cName=United%20Kingdom

Cheers for posting the schedule up. I'm off on Thursday so I think I'll record Miami-Detroit and try to watch it unspoiled.

Anthony Davis broke his hand last night I see, gutting for my fantasy team as I had him and he's the best performing fantasy player in the Association.

Knicks v Nets is on tonight in the battle of Who's The Shitiest? The Knicks are struggling but the Nets are looking in complete dissarray with Kidd trying to find his feet and their huge injury problems, plus Kevin Garnett possibly finally reaching that over the hill stage.

I watched their game from Tuesday where the Nuggets tanked them, and other than Joe Johnson they struggled to make any impact at all. I'd like to see Kidd do well too but it's so far looking like a huge mistake throwing him in at the deep end, albeit he doesn't have his trouble to seek with their ongoing injury woes.

I'm going to record the games tonight and watch at least Nets-Knicks tomorrow. I think the Knicks will win tonight, Pierce, Williams, Terry and Kirilenko all out, Lopez just coming back and Garnett only capable of about 25 minutes. I'm sure both sides will turn it around in time but it ain't looking good so far.

I still say though that in the play offs I would not want to be waiting for the tip off and looking at Lopez-Garnett-Pierce-Johnson-Williams on the other side of the court from me. That's a team that knows how to win. Getting there over a gruelling season could be a different matter.

I'm going to record the games tonight and watch at least Nets-Knicks tomorrow. I think the Knicks will win tonight, Pierce, Williams, Terry and Kirilenko all out, Lopez just coming back and Garnett only capable of about 25 minutes. I'm sure both sides will turn it around in time but it ain't looking good so far.

I still say though that in the play offs I would not want to be waiting for the tip off and looking at Lopez-Garnett-Pierce-Johnson-Williams on the other side of the court from me. That's a team that knows how to win. Getting there over a gruelling season could be a different matter.

On paper it's great, but I'm not sure that it isn't similar to last year's Lakers lineup - it's a similar story of great looking star roster but perhaps not the right chemistry to make it happen. Or possibly the right coach....

I think they will at least make the playoffs though if they can get some of those guys back fit and get some sort of run together. The whole East has been pretty lame so far other than Indiana and Miami, so there's plenty scope for both the Nets and/or the Knicks to get it together.

On paper it's great, but I'm not sure that it isn't similar to last year's Lakers lineup - it's a similar story of great looking star roster but perhaps not the right chemistry to make it happen. Or possibly the right coach....

I think they will at least make the playoffs though if they can get some of those guys back fit and get some sort of run together. The whole East has been pretty lame so far other than Indiana and Miami, so there's plenty scope for both the Nets and/or the Knicks to get it together.

The main difference between this Nets team and that Lakers team I'd say is that the Nets seem like more of a better fit for each other. Kobe is the man in LA and they were having to adapt their style of play to try and fit Dwight and Nash which wasn't working. Pau Gasol is a dozy c**t into the bargain. At the Nets I think the balance is better, everything goes through Williams and the rest of the side can shoot from pretty much anywhere so they've got threats all over the place. Kirilenko is a good sixth man as well.

The team to watch potentially in the East could be the Pistons. I was hugely impressed with them against the Heat on Tuesday and no one in the league will be able to deal with them on the boards and in the paint if they go with the Drummond-Monroe-Smith front court. Their defensive intensity was fantastic as well. This year might be too early for them but I could see them finishing fourth or fifth.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived