Have I got Local News For You

Tryfield

1 hour ago, Sweaty Morph said:

When I read 'cows on the loose' I thought it was about the smoking area at the Alpha Bar.

6 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Eternal emperor Jim Jong Leishman in final preparations for Fife's declaration of Independence:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/fife/273145/fife-provost-declares-fife-beautiful-from-the-tay-bridge-to-the-forth-bridge/

No surprise then to see Fife voted as the happiest region in Scotland. 

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/fifers-happiest-people-scotland/

Do any other local papers (outside of the Glasgow area) suffer the strange phenomenon of people of people wearing their finest Celtic/Rangers top when they get there picture in the paper. Seems to happen fairly often in the Dunfermline Press, I remember an ongoing story about a girl suffering from a terminal disease and every time her dad appears he had some type of Oldco strip on, bizarre. Also the paper often describes them as Celtic/Rangers 'diehards', even though they've clearly never to a game expect maybe in the home end at East End Park

7 hours ago, The Master said:

Articles like this really annoy me as a journalist. Sometimes you can have the basis of a good article by basing it around stuff from Facebook and Twitter (such as folk from Gretna raging about a Channel 4 series about the wedding industry there) and then you get the utter dross like this, or the requirement to include a few reaction quotes from Twitter in an article that has no need for it. Hunt long enough and you can find some throbber saying whatever you want to slot into your story.

Pish like this works on sites like Buzzfeed but the BBC should be fucking embarrassed running that. Sadly, because these articles get hits on the likes of Buzzfeeds, the "proper" media websites are told to do the same thing to get a piece of the traffic.

11 minutes ago, Stu said:

Pish like this works on sites like Buzzfeed but the BBC should be fucking embarrassed running that. Sadly, because these articles get hits on the likes of Buzzfeeds, the "proper" media websites are told to do the same thing to get a piece of the traffic.

I read the article and concluded that The Beeb ran it to show that too many people are small-minded, petty c***s.  I cite as evidence Gavin Murphy's tweet that, "News that Sainsbury's have removed their taste the difference sandwiches from the meal deal has left me stunned."

It may be outwith the BBC's charter to troll the public but I'll allow them this one.