Have I got Local News For You

Tryfield

Yep, got murder/suicide written all over it.

I do enjoy reading about how great people's lives are on Facebook/Twitter, when in reality they're probably utterly miserable.

Definitely murder, probably when Blair comes home and doesn't get his dinner until 5:31.

Sorry guys, I and many others in Ayrshire can only contribute once a week.

I was hoping the Dundee and Paisley guys would chip in every day seeing they have local daily papers.

Anyway, not to worry...I'll have a swatch at "The Post" on Friday and chip in some more. (I don't buy the Advertiser)

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know it it's just coincidence, but since this thread got put up, I do believe the "Ayrshire Post" has improved a wee bit. Terrible puns and speeling mistakes have gone down a good bit. I can't find anything worth slagging in this weeks paper.

It's still shite mind ye. Annie fae Patna selling a hoover.... sheesh. Headlines I think.

Don't know it it's just coincidence, but since this thread got put up, I do believe the "Ayrshire Post" has improved a wee bit. Terrible puns and speeling mistakes have gone down a good bit. I can't find anything worth slagging in this weeks paper.

It's still shite mind ye. Annie fae Patna selling a hoover.... sheesh. Headlines I think.

Next week will be more interesting I bet, something along the lines of:

AYRSHIRE WOMAN CHARGED OVER VACUUM AD

A Patna woman was charged this week for false advertisement... in relation to a vacuum cleaner for sale in your very own Ayrshire Post small ads section.

Troubles arose when Annie Coyleton advertised her vacuum as a Hoover despite it being a Dyson. Hoover is a brand name of a particular make of vacuum cleaner despite many people still using the term for any form of machine. She received a visit from trading standards but refused to cooperate with them over something "stupid and trivial".

For the full story, buy your copy of the Ayrshire Post today.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Police called after drunk man causes a scene at Dundee Asda
By KATIE PAVID, 28 November 2013 8.15am.
  • image.jpgPolice and an ambulance attended the Asda Milton store after a call about a drunk man.DC Thomson

Police cars and an ambulance attended to a drunk man outside Asda.

A man in his 40s was taken away in an ambulance at about 7pm last night (Wednesday), from outside the Milton store in Dundee.

A spokesman for Police Scotland said: “We got a call before 7pm from a member of the public regarding concern for what appeared to be a drunk man in front of the store.

“It looked like he had too much to drink.

“The police left him in the care of the ambulance staff.”

:lol:

It's brilliant that this stuff is deemed newsworthy. This is pointless even by Tully standards.

That one was a bit of a head scratcher when it popped up on Facebook yesterday. I didn't see it in either of the print editions when they came through during the day! Totally bizarre.

Today's Greenock Telegraph...

ICONIC group The Stone Roses have been immortalised as GNOMES by a Greenock music fan — and he’s revealed that the band adore his ingenious invention.

Have garden gnomes and the word ingenious ever been used in the same sentence before?

Edited by Stevie Aitken's Love Child

Perhaps not strictly in the spirit of the thread, but the "Eating Out" feature in the "Tully" on Wednesdays makes Tam Cowan look like Matthew Fort. It's very much "where did a reporter have their tea last night?"

http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/life/food-life/restaurant-review-second-choice-was-a-fab-find-1.158693

http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/life/food-life/restaurant-review-fine-tasty-fare-for-the-family-1.155720