Have I got Local News For You

Tryfield

14 minutes ago, Stu said:

One of my articles seems appropriate for this thread. I’d say my Pulitzer is in the post but with all these strikes, who knows?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/castle-douglas-baker-forced-make-28619129

Midget gems are way too hard and chewy for an empire biscuit. If you've still got an open line to the big chief I'd suggest jelly tots to them. 

52 minutes ago, Stu said:

One of my articles seems appropriate for this thread. I’d say my Pulitzer is in the post but with all these strikes, who knows?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/castle-douglas-baker-forced-make-28619129

Irving's are a tremendous empire biscuit maker. Nice, light shortbread-y biscuit rather than some of the other heavy and stodgy efforts you come across. Delightful.

A midget gem on top is a fucking affront though. Thoughts and prayers for a swift supply chain resolution. 

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

Midget gems are way too hard and chewy for an empire biscuit. If you've still got an open line to the big chief I'd suggest jelly tots to them. 

Is there a difference between jelly tots and dew drops? From my initial investigations I assumed they were the same and Jelly Tot was a brand name.

1 hour ago, 'WellDel said:

Irving's are a tremendous empire biscuit maker. Nice, light shortbread-y biscuit rather than some of the other heavy and stodgy efforts you come across. Delightful.

A midget gem on top is a fucking affront though. Thoughts and prayers for a swift supply chain resolution. 

Their biscuits are fantastic but - and ignoring my need for journalistic impartiality - this is an outrage.

BREAKING: From the Irving's Facebook page after someone else suggested Jelly Tots: "Have looked at other sweets, but very few that we can purchase by the pallet load, as we manufacture around 4500 packets of biscuits each week" 

Edited by Stu

33 minutes ago, Stu said:

Is there a difference between jelly tots and dew drops? From my initial investigations I assumed they were the same and Jelly Tot was a brand name.

Structurally, I think. Jelly Tots are flatter, like a cow poo, whereas Dew Drops are longer and more oblong, like a hard nipple or a kinda squished bullet. 

20 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Love the use of the word "chib" in the headline

Convicted killer caught with caught with an eleven-bladed chib

Some phenomenal seasonal product placement in there.  Why even bother bringing back The Snowman.

On the night of the 2009 murder, Allen had been drinking with Mr Black before attacking him with a lamp and a glass Irn-Bru bottle then slitting his throat with a kitchen knife.

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

But a true Scotsman would have sliced his throat with the broken Irn-Bru bottle.

An Irn-Bru bar that had been nibbled on along one edge and placed in the freezer made for an excellent knife (that could be easily disposed of in a tasty manner).

I lost a tooth eating a toffee crisp at Brockville. 

I remember the day well. My dad was in hospital having damaged his back carrying a coffin, so my brother took me to the game. We beat Queen of the South 7-1.

Went directly to the hospital to give him the good news that a) he missed a fantastic win and b) the tooth fairy was expected to cough up. 

Fella has been charged with attempted murder (ironically enough in the Sheriff Court on the opposite side of the street). Tried to kill his ex-partner and her mother who run it. Charged with domestic abuse and breaching bail at same time.

On an unrelated note I'm interested somebody bothers to put 'Established 2022' on their shop...

9 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

xxx_jedburgh_crash_reg.jpg.95e3c46e392cb9d594edb645f2460418.jpg

Didn't realise that Suzuki offered the Vitara in optional 'hearse' trim. Very niche...............

Who wants Zoe to do their funeral? I want a proper undertakers name, Isaiah, Zebediah or the like.

It's not just females, who would  want Darryl or Jaxon presiding over the do?