Have I got Local News For You

Tryfield

7 hours ago, Snafu said:

OK to the P&B masses, who is right here? The school taking over a cul-de-sac because the children are their priority or the residents of said cul-de-sac blocking access with their bins complaining that parents are blocking access to their driveways?

COVID and restrictions have driven people to the edge of sanity.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/residents-assemble-protest-school-run-24430092

Residents build wheelie bin blockade to stop parents on school run parking outside homes

The neighbours who reside on a quiet road claimed that they'd 'had enough'.

Angry residents set up a blockade of wheelie bins to prevent drivers doing the school run from getting past
The group held a protest in the cul-de-sac on June 28

When the ticker in one of those heart attacks waiting to happen gives up it will be like the opening credits to The A Team when the ambulance turns up and crashes through them.

I disagree with the residents on this one, if I wanted to park in that cul-de-sac, I would. Who are they to decide who parks on what bit on any street. As long as it is not blocking someone's drive, they can't do anything. 

18 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I disagree with the residents on this one, if I wanted to park in that cul-de-sac, I would. Who are they to decide who parks on what bit on any street. As long as it is not blocking someone's drive, they can't do anything. 

We have the potential for problems in our street.  The road is too narrow for both sides to have parked cars and there is no law/rule that stipulates which side folk should park.  In adjacent streets they seem to have come to some sensible agreement that all will park on one specific side (many park in their carport so there enough places) but not in our street so it's a slalom event.   Add in the fact they all drive large SUVs/trucks etc and it's a challenge.

Not for me though, I don't drive here as I value my sanity.

On 01/07/2021 at 21:07, HenryHill said:

It's you who is in the wrong for reading the Daily Ranger.

The oldies would be better slashing tyres and taking wing mirrors off. Less effort than lining up all those bins.

The bins aren't even on fire. 3/10.

On 02/07/2021 at 01:26, Shandon Par said:

When the ticker in one of those heart attacks waiting to happen gives up it will be like the opening credits to The A Team when the ambulance turns up and crashes through them.

If not already at a school near you, they soon will be, in double yellows around all school access roads. 

c***s who defy that are exactly that, along with being lazy, selfish b*****ds and give not one f**k for road safety of other kids, far less the residents. 

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Our milkshake brings all the boys to the bogs..

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/lanarkshire/furious-shopper-slams-supermarket-after-24468450

9/10 Compo face rating. Would need a couple of relatives with him to get full marks. 

0_JMP_EKN_280621MSHAKE_01JPG.jpg

That's one of the worst Photoshops I've ever seen. They haven't even got his face centred on the body.

BTW whenever I buy something I check the sell-by date.

5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Our milkshake brings all the boys to the bogs..

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/lanarkshire/furious-shopper-slams-supermarket-after-24468450

9/10 Compo face rating. Would need a couple of relatives with him to get full marks. 

0_JMP_EKN_280621MSHAKE_01JPG.jpg

A full refund and apology...b*****ds. He is an example to us all, to be able to stay furious and angry about this for so long. Well done the Daily Record for bringing to the public the news that matters. I was in a Morrisons this year (not sure actually), it could have happened to any one of us (I don't buy milkshakes). Hey Will and Harry, where is this guy's statue?

Forget 12 Ruel St. Bothy 57 is the new place to offer square goes, at least it is for boozed-up auld farts wanting to fight women. May be of interest to some of our older residents who have a penchant for offering folk out….

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/topless-grandad-77-taunted-waitress-after-being-told-to-wear-a-face-mask/

22 hours ago, GordonD said:

That's one of the worst Photoshops I've ever seen. They haven't even got his face centred on the body.

BTW whenever I buy something I check the sell-by date.

Indeed, anyone who buys perishable goods and doesn't check the use-by date deserves all they get.

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Compo face of the day. Can only give it an 8/10. Needed some of the hundreds of people saved from being mowed down.

0_JS239696004.jpg

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scots-pensioner-mowed-down-knocked-24534400

Brian Harvey wannabe.

can’t get my head around how he came to have a flat battery with the brake off? Or why he didn’t put it in gear like a normal person would.

43 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Brian Harvey wannabe.

can’t get my head around how he came to have a flat battery with the brake off? Or why he didn’t put it in gear like a normal person would.

Would the default position of the brake not be on if there's no power?

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Would the default position of the brake not be on if there's no power?

I'm probably totally wrong, but I think with the electronic ones, it stays in the last position when the power goes, ie if it was on it will stay on. If you lose power while driving, it will probably stay off.

The whole "I wedged it against a kerb" bit seems suspect to me though.

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm probably totally wrong, but I think with the electronic ones, it stays in the last position when the power goes, ie if it was on it will stay on. If you lose power while driving, it will probably stay off.

The whole "I wedged it against a kerb" bit seems suspect to me though.

Yeah, it would be a bit awkward if the brake slammed on if you lost power on a motorway.