Have I got Local News For You

Tryfield

Exact date unknown, but I liked this newsletter snippet:

Reported time bomb after saving 'neeps'

HERE is the story of George Donald, a North- East of Scotland farmer, and a Nazi bomb.

The bomb fell in the middle of one of George's turnip fields, buried itself many feet in the ground, and failed to explode.

Some days later George reported its presence to the authorities, who immediately sent a disposal squad out to the 'farm.

Why hadn't it been reported sooner, they wanted to know. "Well," said George, "I kent fine if I told you fellows you would have come and blown it up and ruined a' my neeps."

It was then that the disposal experts noticed that the whole area round the bomb hole had been cleared of turnips.

"I could hardly ask onybody else tae dae the job, so I just took my time and cleared away the neeps masel'. Now you can go ahead an' blow the dam' thing up."

The explosion that followed shook a nearby town - but George's neeps were safe.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/apr/18/woman-forced-to-repaint-pink-front-door-to-listed-edinburgh-building

"Dickson, 49, told the BBC: “I don’t understand why it has caused them to be so angry, I can’t understand that emotion about the colour of a door. These homes were built as entertainment spaces. They are incredible spaces and I have leaned into the bones of the rooms to maximise their beauty.

“I have restored all the windows and kept the cornices and mouldings as well as the shutters. I have been much more sympathetic than more modern refits. And I saw a pink door on EastEnders last night, so it really isn’t that weird.”

I wonder if he's related to Big Aggie*?

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/crime-courts/5633269/john-souter-offshore-worker-sex-act/

‘Oops, sorry, wrong person’: Offshore worker made sexually explicit video call to recruiter

John Souter, who has previous sexual offence and public indecency convictions, also forwarded the woman two graphic sexual images.

*worth a reminder:

Edited by Hedgecutter

On 22/04/2023 at 08:48, HK Hibee said:

It disgusted them so much they stopped to watch for 20 mins and take photos 

I was worried for a minute as I was in Swindon recently. Then I realised any sex act lasting 20 minutes rules me out as a suspect.