Have I got Local News For You

Tryfield

4 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Woman wants name in paper so cracks open three eggs and claims all the yolks came from one of them.

Not that I'm suggesting this is what happened.

We get our eggs from a fish van and regularly get a box full of double yolks, never had a triple though. I think her chickens and ducks have been getting it on.

26 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Woman wants name in paper so cracks open three eggs and claims all the yolks came from one of them.

Not that I'm suggesting this is what happened.

I've been this cynical in the past, but I've now heard a first hand account from someone who ended up in a DC Thomson publication without realising that's what was going to happen.

Their "journalists" scrape social media groups looking mostly for "interesting" photos, ask if said photo can be published in the paper while giving the impression it's for the slow-news-heres-some-nice-photos page, but then build an entire HIGLNFY-type article around it.

I'm certainly not as quick to judge people about wanting their name in the paper now I know how 90% of them actually got there. 

Me and the missus almost made it into the Daily Record when we got engaged in 1854.  I cant quite remember how it came about but they phoned us up and some reporter boy met us in Dundee and took some cheesy photos up Dudhope Park in amongst the daffodils.

Sadly, the story was pulled, no doubt for some story about Celtgers bigotry.

10 minutes ago, The Master said:

Their "journalists" scrape social media groups looking mostly for "interesting" photos, ask if said photo can be published in the paper

I like replies on Twitter to the Sun and suchlike telling them to f**k off.

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Me and the missus almost made it into the Daily Record when we got engaged in 1854.  I cant quite remember how it came about but they phoned us up and some reporter boy met us in Dundee and took some cheesy photos up Dudhope Park in amongst the daffodils.

Sadly, the story was pulled, no doubt for some story about Celtgers bigotry.

Was that the time she set fire to the kitchen?

See the source image

15 hours ago, 101 said:

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/local-news/hs2-motion-detector-northern-irish-21222653.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Going beyond compo face now a compo rant as Tory vanity project results is woman being shouted at by a Northern Irish robot.

Paper careful to point out that it's a Scots-based security company.

Tbf, I'd probably keep an axe handy too if I lived in Ballingry:

https://www.centralfifetimes.com/news/19496624.ballingry-man-armed-axe-chased-car/

A Ballingry man who chased after a car when he was armed with an axe has been ordered to do unpaid work...

He previously admitted that on April 27 at Ballingry Crescent, he chased a car whilst in possession of an axe and shouting at a man to get out of the car...

Sheriff James Macdonald noted there appeared to have been an element of planning as Livingstone told a social worker that he kept the axe at his front door.

48 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Paper careful to point out that it's a Scots-based security company.

Obviously they couldn't find an angry enough Scottish person to give the robot a voice.

• 2 weeks later...