Have I got Local News For You

Tryfield

9 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Screenshot_20200901_101728.thumb.jpg.a99ce0f7a2cb1b5dc477199e19eaec67.jpg

Now obviously it's fucked up thoughts etc but why should he have been given a prison sentence if he hasn't actually committed a crime? 

Edit : I probably should add the story is behind a pay wall so I've no idea why he's been sat in jail for a year. I'm merely passing comment on the bottom part. 

Probably stuck in the jail awaiting trial. I agree we should encourage folk with these kinds of thoughts to come forward and seek help. Locking folk up for thinking isn't a path we should go down.

9 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Screenshot_20200901_101728.thumb.jpg.a99ce0f7a2cb1b5dc477199e19eaec67.jpg

Now obviously it's fucked up thoughts etc but why should he have been given a prison sentence if he hasn't actually committed a crime? 

Edit : I probably should add the story is behind a pay wall so I've no idea why he's been sat in jail for a year. I'm merely passing comment on the bottom part. 

The courier said he was on a charge of conduct likely to cause alarm or something like that and that he claimed to have cyanide. 

I've got cyanide in my fridge. 

My wife doesn't come from Lanarkshire, and takes great delight in pointing out the front page of the Advertiser when she sees it in the supermarket. It's often a sorry tale of violence, serious injury, knife crime etc.

I find this irritating  mostly because these crimes are usually committed by bad boys from Blantyre or Larkhaĺl.

So it's refreshing when the headline is something different.

20200911_084222.jpg

Genuine quote from a story one of my colleagues did about a hole that had appeared in a car park (insert Kenneth Williams meme here): https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/locharbriggs-residents-warned-over-hole-22661333

“I’ve phoned the police and they said they’d look into it but nothing has been done.”

For the avoidance of doubt, my colleague looks more like Rodney Trotter than one of the Two Ronnies.

21 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/outrage-scot-tries-sell-dead-22663602

I’ve got a dead sister but I never thought of selling her used underwear. Missed a trick.

Trust the Record to post a photo of John Swinney in a mask next to the above story - implies that he's bought a pair!

Knicks.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The sadface is strong in this one.

Family relive terror on Dundee’s big wheel after carriage began to fall backwards as operators tried to fix the broken-down attraction

Gjen-McGovern-family-Dundee-eye_36638165 

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/family-relive-terror-on-dundees-big-wheel-after-their-carriage-began-to-fall-backwards-as-operators-tried-to-fix-the-broken-down-attraction/

(If it's asking you to subscribe, just open it in a private window)

2 minutes ago, The Master said:

The sadface is strong in this one

I think that's just their usual faces. The wee lassie looks a lot older than the story suggests. The wee laddies invisible lats in the second photo are hilarious. 

1 hour ago, The Master said:

The sadface is strong in this one.

Family relive terror on Dundee’s big wheel after carriage began to fall backwards as operators tried to fix the broken-down attraction

Gjen-McGovern-family-Dundee-eye_36638165 

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/family-relive-terror-on-dundees-big-wheel-after-their-carriage-began-to-fall-backwards-as-operators-tried-to-fix-the-broken-down-attraction/

(If it's asking you to subscribe, just open it in a private window)

John Thomson, the owner, said: “The initial problem on Tuesday was caused by a flat battery. The battery had to be recharged.”