Have I got Local News For You

Tryfield

12 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I just read an article on The Sun's website (don't judge me) about how Brian Tilsley off Coronation Street (don't judge me) has married a 21-year old stripper from the club he manages. By the halfway point, it turned into an advert for the club, including how much they charge for lapdances and "other services" (don't judge me).

We just watched Robocop 2, and he has the briefest of cameos, so I was curious what he was up to these days. Stop judging me.

Where is he in the film??

2 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Where is he in the film??

There's a bit towards the end where the head of OCP is arriving to unveil their rebuilt vision of Old Detroit, and to show off Robocop 2. When he gets out of his limo, there's a huge press pack waiting to meet him, and Chris Quinten (aka Brian Tilsley) is at the front. He even gets to shout a question. I found a clip below, but the quality isn't great. He's the guy in the grey suit furiously scribbling on the notepad next to the news reporter in the blue; the lassie who was the female news anchor through both films.

Apparently the actress (Leeza Gibbons) was well known in the US at the time, and was dating Quinten, so she got him the Robocop 2 gig. f**k knows how they even met, but he was still on Coronation Street at the time, and left in order to move to the US to be with her and become a star. He was enough of a dick about it that the Corrie people decided to kill his character off so he wouldn't be able to come back.

I was young enough at the time to still be watching soap operas and reading tabloid newspapers  :lol:

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

There's a bit towards the end where the head of OCP is arriving to unveil their rebuilt vision of Old Detroit, and to show off Robocop 2. When he gets out of his limo, there's a huge press pack waiting to meet him, and Chris Quinten (aka Brian Tilsley) is at the front. He even gets to shout a question. I found a clip below, but the quality isn't great. He's the guy in the grey suit furiously scribbling on the notepad next to the news reporter in the blue; the lassie who was the female news anchor through both films.

Apparently the actress (Leeza Gibbons) was well known in the US at the time, and was dating Quinten, so she got him the Robocop 2 gig. f**k knows how they even met, but he was still on Coronation Street at the time, and left in order to move to the US to be with her and become a star. He was enough of a dick about it that the Corrie people decided to kill his character off so he wouldn't be able to come back.

I was young enough at the time to still be watching soap operas and reading tabloid newspapers  :lol:

Sweet man, nice one thanks!!

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Now if we can just cure you of watching Alloa, you can hold your head up high again.

42 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Now if we can just cure you of watching Alloa, you can hold your head up high again.

I was going to make a comment about Meadowbank Thistle, but I'm still outraged about what happened there, so you're getting that one for free.

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

He's from the Ferry. 

The attack was carried out on Whitfield; the place has that effect on people.

I can attest to this as a former Whitfield resident.

32 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I was going to make a comment about Meadowbank Thistle, but I'm still outraged about what happened there, so you're getting that one for free.

I don't have anything against Alloa; I'd have made the joke regardless of what team you support.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

The attack was carried out on Whitfield; the place has that effect on people.

I can attest to this as a former Whitfield resident.

You bit a woman and punched a dog? 

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Didn’t bite any women, punched dozens of dogs.  It was an attempt to blend in.

That reminds me that Tam Cowan was always going on about a game he played as a boy, called Touch the Dug's Arse. I always assumed he was making it up but given that he comes from Motherwell I'm not so sure. Does anybody know it it's an actual thing?

4 minutes ago, GordonD said:

That reminds me that Tam Cowan was always going on about a game he played as a boy, called Touch the Dug's Arse. I always assumed he was making it up but given that he comes from Motherwell I'm not so sure. Does anybody know it it's an actual thing?

Give them a few hard snacks to the face and they’ll let you touch anything.

Err, allegedly.  :unsure2:

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Give them a few hard snacks to the face and they’ll let you touch anything.

Err, allegedly.  :unsure2:

Worked for Boris.

15 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Man likened to Father Jack back in jail after breaching Asbo for the 24th time

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/man-likened-to-father-jack-back-in-jail-after-breaching-asbo-for-the-24th-time/

Was just thinking I hadn't seen Granny Danger post much in the last day or so. 

39 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Fifers eh?

Can't have a wedding due to a deadly pandemic? Then why not assemble a flash mob?  

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/18491314.wedding-couple-surprised-flash-mob/

The fucking state of their t-shirts.