Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

Some article in the record there writing the lad off as a dud because he hasn't got anywhere since leaving Scotland and has now reached the milestone of 20 years of age. Suppose he could have stayed in Scotland and grabbed the headlines like Griffiths by scoring in the spl each week only to look like a patsy when playing non pub teams in Europe.

Some article in the record there writing the lad off as a dud because he hasn't got anywhere since leaving Scotland and has now reached the milestone of 20 years of age. Suppose he could have stayed in Scotland and grabbed the headlines like Griffiths by scoring in the spl each week only to look like a patsy when playing non pub teams in Europe.

Much better to be playing in the Portuguese seaside leagues.

Says that playing in a "division bereft of top quality isn't ideal," but suggests that he goes on loan to Dundee Utd.

:lol:

He's one of the first names on the team sheet in the B team and is the joint top scorer this season. There are no players his age or younger playing regularly in the first team but you have to think he'd be one of the first considered for promotion if and when the management sees fit.

Maybe the fact Sporting have been setting the pace in the league from the start probably hasn't helped the chances of any young players looking to get a chance. Gauld got a few games in the League Cup last season though and Sporting's first game is later this month.

He's training and learning in a cultured football environment and he's only just turned 20. He's already achieved a lot for that age. I think he comes across quite mature in interviews. Next season he could get a shoot in the first team so why doubt him?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Gauld reacts to Gordon Parks' standard doomsday merchant "we're fucking shite" article.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scotland-u21s-star-ryan-gauld-7639091

I don't agree with much that Parks has said and he's comes across as a bit of knob, but I'm not sure Gauld has to wade in here at all, especially with childish jibes about the guys career.  Very little damage done, but if I were Gauld I'd be shrugging my shoulders in true Partridge style when some arsehole from the Daily Record tries to offer his opinion on my career having watched a shitey U21 international match.

Gauld reacts to Gordon Parks' standard doomsday merchant "we're fucking shite" article.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scotland-u21s-star-ryan-gauld-7639091

I don't agree with much that Parks has said and he's comes across as a bit of knob, but I'm not sure Gauld has to wade in here at all, especially with childish jibes about the guys career.  Very little damage done, but if I were Gauld I'd be shrugging my shoulders in true Partridge style when some arsehole from the Daily Record tries to offer his opinion on my career having watched a shitey U21 international match.

I'd suggest the current under 21s game makes Gordon Parks' point for him.  Ryan Gauld being possibly the worst player on the pitch at this point.

I'd suggest the current under 21s game makes Gordon Parks' point for him.  Ryan Gauld being possibly the worst player on the pitch at this point.

It's a lazy and non-constructive point to make though.  Stating that we're not as good as we used to be and don't have as bright a future as England is neither here nor there.  Fair enough, Gauld may have had a bad game (and might have some more), but pieces like Parks read like your pished grandad at a Christmas party, if there was anything constructive there then I could understand his points.  And lets be honest here, it's U21 International football, I think I'll wait to see the lad in proper competitive action before condemning him to the shitpile.