Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

Really hope Gauld is recovered and gets off to a flyer next season.

Really needs to kick on as he'll turn 20 next season and should be featuring in the first team if he has any hope.

I have a funny feeling that despite his positive attitude about moving abroad, he might end up coming back to Britain in the next year or so.

Hope I'm wrong and he makes it out there and starts a trend.

I have a funny feeling that despite his positive attitude about moving abroad, he might end up coming back to Britain in the next year or so.

Hope I'm wrong and he makes it out there and starts a trend.

With him at Sporting CP and Barry Douglas making a name for himself at Lech Poznan. Hopefully more young talent such as Ryan Christie would move out to the continent as well.

Sporting have already lost Nani (returned to Man Utd and probably heading elsehwere next year) and it looks like William Carvalho might leave, which could bode well for Ryan Gauld.

Then again, with the money they've just received for Soares, as well as any fee Carvalho would command, they'd be well placed to replace them in the transfer market.

• 3 weeks later...

Good news hopefully he's pushing for a start with scotland soon. With Morrison, naismith, snodgrass etc all getting to 30 odd we need younger guys coming through.

None of those guys are 30 yet - Morrison is 29, Naismith is 28 and Snodgrass is 27.

None of those guys are 30 yet - Morrison is 29, Naismith is 28 and Snodgrass is 27.

I said getting to 30. I would say that 29,28 and 27 are close to 30. Plus Snodgrass probably wont be fit for next qualifiers by which time he'll be 28. At that time Naisy will be 29 aswell.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest DAVIDB69

No chance will we bring young players into the squad. You have to be at least 26 and you will still get called young.

Andy Robertson is the only young player we have brought through in about 8 years

Without wanting to be that guy, if you get an average age of debutants by year, then you have to go back to the eighties to get an average age of over 26...

Change of manager can't have helped. Jorge Jesus has made a lot of changes to the team, bringing in his own people.

I get the feeling it won't work out there for him, but hopefully he at least gets one more shot in their A squad.