Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

Never had a break down,unlike most people I actually admit when I am wrong.Also you can look up the comments that Walter Smith made about Ness.

Said he was the best young player that he ever worked with,and would have played more games if not for the injury when he came in from Kilmarnock.Pretty good when you think he has worked with a young world cup winner in Rino Gattuso,and a young Wayne Rooney at Ever

Ness is at Stoke in the top flight,how is he over hyped?Stoke have made it into Europe,are a decent team.Punch well above there weight,you sound jealous.Just like every other fan of a provincial club in here.All you teutars give it that your the big Scotland fans,but Rangers bring more through for Scottish football than all your clubs up there and in the rest of Scottish football.If Gauld proves as good then I will be chuffed.What Ness lacked was goals,but he had everything else in his locker.And they would have come just like they did for Barry Ferguson,could not hit a barn door.And then scored into doubles went on a run before moving to Blackburn.

I'm not even really slagging Dryhorce here as I also thought Ness was half decent but where is Ness now?

Also, on the subject of Ness and many others, how many "talents" need to come through and fail before the press realise you need to give players a bit of time before classing them as a wonderkid. Harry Kane at Spurs (who I think will be good) is the latest example.

• 4 weeks later...

Rather pointless interview with him in today's Grauniad. Makes him sound like an idiot abroad stereotype, perhaps unfairly.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/27/scotland-ryan-gauld-sporting-lisbon?CMP=share_btn_tw

I didn't see him being painted as an idiot but a young lad starting making a bold step in his career in a different culture. Nothing wrong with the piece. Won't win the Pulitzer but interesting for Scotland fans to hear how he is doing.

I didn't see him being painted as an idiot but a young lad starting making a bold step in his career in a different culture. Nothing wrong with the piece. Won't win the Pulitzer but interesting for Scotland fans to hear how he is doing.

Has he been starting for the B or top team recently?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sprained his ankle in the last B team game, probably out for the rest of the season.

What's the latest with that injury?

Sprained his ankle in the last B team game, probably out for the rest of the season.

Edited by SlipperyP

• 1 month later...